“Business travel = RELAXED”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cicero
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Clean , Neat and Staff is very Gracious....I travel often on Busness and there is nothing better than staying in a place that is everything you expect..Clean, attentive staff and very comfortable with Hot Breakfast and coffee waiting for you in the AM.
Nice Job..will be back soon!!
Patrick

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I made reservations for 8 members of our Bass fishing Club Members - Buxmont Bassmasters. The rooms were very nice and everything was in new condition.
Service by all employees we met was really awesome. Friendly and most accommodating. They even got up early and put out some breakfast items for us at 4 AM and were happy to do it so we would have energy for our day of fishing!
They really go the extra mile for fishermen. They have a very nice set ups for boats and trailers with electric on all the light poles as well as extra ones located near the Gander Mountain parking lot. With Gander Mountain right next door it does not get any better than this place for a trip to Lake Oneida. Tightlines!

Room Tip: The Queen Suites are very nice a roomy. They also have a fold out Couch
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2011

"arrive as a stranger - leave as family" is a sign this hotel has posted over the entry and it really says it all about this hotel! I'm just sorry that I did not get the staff's names as I would have loved to name them personally. I promise you that there is not one employee walking around this hotel that does not stop you to ask you how your stay is going - if there is anything you need, etc. They truly care about your experience and it shows.

We stayed 3 nights May 26 - 29 for a family wedding and have nothing but rave reviews. We stayed in a 2-queen suite which was plenty large for our family of four. With a son and daughter that don't like sleeping next to each other, the pull out couch was perfect.

We honestly can not say enough about the staff at this hotel. After driving several hours, check in was simple with the night shift staff member. She had us laughing by the time we were checked in.

The next morning and all subsoquent mornings, we had the pleasure of eating breakfast (which is included) with a staff member that was truly the best. Again, sorry I do not remember her name but she had an accent. She couldn't have tried to make breakfast any better for our family.

The best of the best was Bobbi - the shuttle bus driver. She took us to and from a wedding reception and let me tell you - this employee is the best there is. I have been employing folks for 10 years and have never seen anyone like her. She was so friendly and outgoing and the kids just loved her!

In addition to the impecable service, the facility is spotless. The pool was super clean and met the needs of the kids. There is a Cracker Barrel next door that we ate at for dinner and the room was great.

As you can see, we were very impressed by this hotel. We travel to DIsney every year, and have never had the service and experiences that we had at this hotel. I have never written a review here - so that tells you how impressed we were! Our family highly recommends this hotel!!! :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2011

This was the first hotel I ever checked out within one hour of checking in. There were many problems including a barking dog (although the hotel has a no pet policy). The unfortunate part this hotel that evening was very understaffed with just a young girl in charge of everything. I was told both managers were in the hospital sick but still this is not an excuse for the owners and Holiday Inn express to allow this to happen. I was refunded my money only having to argue with the front desk and having AMEX assure proper credit. I stayed at the Best Western at the airport and had a wonderful experience and stay.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank hnyc2010
Management response:Responded March 30, 2011

Greetings and thank you for your review. I am very sorry for your unpleasant experience at our hotel and I wanted to take a moment to respond to your concerns.

You are correct in saying that at our hotel, we do not accommodate pets in the sense that the family dog or cat cannot be present in the hotel. We do this in an effort to keep our hotel as clean and allergen free as possible. This rule however has moral and legal exceptions.

When a guest checks in with an animal that complies with Americans with Disabilities Act regulations we are required by law (and our own moral standards) to allow that animal to enter our hotel just as we would a normal guest. While at times this may cause discomfort to some guests who hear the animal barking, there is simply no time that we can or would refuse service to a patron that has a service animal accompanying them. It is also a common misconception that a "service animal" is a large dog, namely a german shepherd or a lab. Service animals come in every shape and size and assist their handlers in many different ways. Lack of hearing or eyesight are only a couple of the reasons that people have service animals. Emotional support and stability is another reason that guests who would normally look to be in good physical health would have a service animal.

I am very sorry that the animal in our hotel caused you discomfort. I would be happy to accommodate you again in the future and I am sure you will find our hotel to be a great place to stay! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me directly. I will be happy to assist you.

-Eric Ridley
-General Manager

Reviewed November 23, 2010

We needed a clean, comfortable, new and nit place to spend a night, on the way to Niagara Falls, from NYC, on a budget price. We found it all. The Hotel looked like opened the night before. Perfect choice!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I found ourselves behind in our schedule, needing to stay in the U.S. one more night. When eating our supper at the Cracker Barrel, we noted the Holiday Inn sign right next door and had no problem booking a room for the night. The lady at the reception area was both gracious and helpful with our needs. The room was spacious, clean, bed comfy and what I (the Mrs.) found awesome, was that the facility had a washer and dryer for the patrons. Due to the 'bed bug' scourge that seems to have inundated both of our countries, I was thrilled to know I could wash new clothes we had purchased BEFORE taking them back home so as not to run any risk of taking any 'new friends' across the border!! Breakfast was yummy and varied including both hot and cold items (they even gave us a lunch bag so we could take along some fresh made cinnamon rolls). This hotel is near lots of restaurants (including Cracker Barrel). Would we stay again?! You betcha!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed for a park and fly on Sept/20th before flying out the next morning. The service was excellent, with easy check in. Hotel employees were super friendly. This hotel is new and everything is very clean and modern. Our room was really comfortable. I can't comment on the free breakfast as we had an early morning flight. There is free shuttle service to and from the airport. The shuttle was a bit late taking us to the airport but was waiting for us at the end of our trip for pick up. How can you beat that!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded October 15, 2010

To answer your question, you can't beat it with a stick! We know how stressful airport travel can be, and our shuttle drivers are some of the best around. Between their knowledge of the airport layout and the local businesses, we can get you where you need to go quickly and most importantly, safely. Our Park and Fly program is a great alternative to parking at the airport and it is obvious that you are a very savvy traveler! I am sorry you didn't have a chance to enjoy our breakfast. Scrambled Eggs, Omelets, Sausage and Bacon (as well as other healthier options) are definitely a great start to your day. I hope you at least were able to get some of our excellent coffee. I know thats the most important part of MY morning.

Thank you for commenting on our service as well. I went out and bought a sign to hang above our door which reads: "Enter As Strangers, Leave As Friends". We hold that statement to be true for each and every guest. I really feel that the service culture that we have here at our hotel is far and above what you would find anywhere else. Whether you need directions, or just a chat with another human being after being on the road, our staff is always glad to take the time to give you whatever you need. Thank you for your positive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy our breakfast next time!

Best,
Eric Ridley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cicero
Comfort Suites Cicero - Syracuse North
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
#22 of 31 in Syracuse
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse / Carrier Circle

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area

Address: 5860 Carmenica Dr, Cicero, NY 13039-8533
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Cicero
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cicero
Price Range: $99 - $189 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area