“are you kidding me?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cicero
New York
“are you kidding me?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have written two glowing reviews for this hotel in the past and it pains me to have to write this review but something has truely broken at this hotel. This is the place we always stay when we visit the area but that is changing today. I made reservations in June for 7/6-8 for 1 room with a king size bed and received confirmation as such. On 7/1, I received not 1, but 2 confirmations for ONLY 7/6, 1 room, king size bed and ONLY 7/6, 2 rooms, both queen beds...what the heck? I promptly called the hotel and explained that my reservation was for 7/6-8 for 1 room with a king size bed (had my confirmation #)! When I asked what happened, no explanation was offered but the situation was fixed and we stayed the weekend.
It gets better...when I just logged on to check my points after the weekend stay, I noticed a reservation booked under my name for 9/21-23 for 3 rooms totalling a WOPPING $1000....are you kidding me? I promptly called again and after being on hold for what seemed like forever, I was asked for my name and number so they could call me back (I was NOT getting off the phone) and finally got someone to remove the reservation. Again, no explanation was offered. I told the person on the phone to please remove my name from the database and that I was done with this hotel. Can you imagine if 9/21 came and went and all of a sudden I had a $1000 charge on my credit card??? I mean, I never made this reservation and further, I never received an email...whoever is working on reservations, needs serious training...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JoePeeps

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fort Plain, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I attended a conference at the Comfort Suites Cicero in March, 2012. The concierge staff was friendly and helpful upon arrival, and when I booked an extra night due to a snow storm. My room was quite nice. The service (and experience) went down hill after that. The conference food (hospitality, dinner, breakfast, snacks during workshops) was the worst to which I've ever been exposed. The wait stuff was unfriendly and belligerent. The conference attendees were not at all made to feel welcome, and our requests (simple things like replacing water pitchers during the workshops) were ignored.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Denise C
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We spent the night a few weeks ago and overall we're pleased with the hotel. There were 5 of us, so one of my boys slept on the pull-out. All I can say is I'm glad it was him and not me, the mattress was not very comfortable. The beds on the other hand were great. The entire hotel was clean, it doesn't hurt that the property is quite new. The breakfast was your standard fair and appreciated. The thermostat in the room could have been more sensitive, during the night the A/C would cycle on and off cooling the room to the point where you needed a comforter and then the temperature would increase to where is was too warm.

1 Thank ott_traveler
ottawa, ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Good comfy beds, great breakfast, quiet place. Good value. Pet friendly, too.

1 Thank snowbirdy2
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

The property is only 2 years old so everything is in good shape. My bed was comfortable, shower was ok and the room had a refrigerator and microwave. The staff here is friendly and helpful. I was given a little goodie bag at my arrival and invited to the evening manager's reception which offers mixed drinks and a nice array of fruits and veggies, etc. Very nice. The wi-fi signal was strong and stable. Complementary breakfast included all the standard Choice Hotel fair, even those curious little discs created to resemble eggs. Though a bit outside of the city I didn't have any trouble accessing my destinations in Syracuse. Since I got the "advanced, non-refundable" rate the price vs. quality made this a good value. I will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank steverinsc
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My family of 4 spent a night here last weekend. We went for my niece's convocation in Syracuse U.
We tried to book other hotels closer to the university 2 month ago but everywhere was full even.And the price was double. We paid $200/night. But we did not have other choices.
Anyway,overall we were pleased . Room was large enough,bedding was comfortable, decor was new, breakfast was good with lots of fruit..
I would recommend this place to other, but I will likely not go back because my niece will return to Toronto after graduation.

1 Thank RossOntario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Spend a ton of time on the road, usually in Choice properties due to work bookings. Have never once been upgraded or even recognized as an Elite Diamond member at least 2x over. (thank you Holiday Inn/Priority Club for continually doing both) Today was a classic......... no delivery menus at the front desk. Really????
Perfect example of a decent enough hotel, but lousy front desk service. Left a bad taste in the mouth. Won't be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travellinman29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cicero
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area
#2 of 12 in Liverpool
Budget Inn Cicero
Budget Inn Cicero
#3 of 3 in Cicero

Been to Comfort Suites Cicero - Syracuse North? Share your experiences!