“Pleasant Adirondack escape”

Landon Hill Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chestertown
Landon Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 8 Chestertown B&B and Inns
Albany, New York
“Pleasant Adirondack escape”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I, along with several friends were going to be in the area for a wedding. We chose to stay at the Landon Hill B and B. I am glad we did. The owners were engaging and pleasant. The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. The grounds were interesting and we spent a very happy hour sitting in adirondack chairs and enjoying the view. We also stayed up in the sitting room for a late night conversation with the group. My only complaints may be things that cannot be corrected. The television reception is poor and the advertised free Wi-fi was not strong enough for my iPad to lock onto. Maybe that was for the best, in the opinion of my wife.

Breakfast was plentiful around the dining room table where we lingered until almost the 11 AM checkout. It is very convenient to I 87 and to Chestertown shops etc. but when at the B and B, you wouldn't know it. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great little bed and breakfast. Nicely kept up; breakfast is very nice. Not the highest end B&B but a great deal for the price. The only negative is how close it is to Route 8, which has a lot of traffic. On the other hand, the location is great for going around the Brant lake and Loon Lake area.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, ask to be put on the side away from Route 8.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife needed a room for one night with almost no notice. We scrambled and called some B&Bs in the area. I suppose they were full or just not too motivated because I didnt hear back from 2 of the 3, Judy from Landon Hill rang me back and said she had a room but that she was out getting ice cream so she couldn't take my name or credit card. I thought it was very quaint that she eimply trusted I would show up, and that i would just pay her whenever I got there. And when we arrived she was just a doll, she presented 5 good choices for dinner and we opted for OP Fredricks and it was awesome (Judy recommended the Duck Burrito - weird- but great). The room was clean and neat and well appointed, I've been to B&Bs from Cape Cod to Maryland and this one was very nice. Large common room, nice size dining room and central location. Our room had a large bathroom and plkenty of windows. We liked it a lot. Thanks Carl and Judy for sharing your home with us.

Room Tip: Always ask for an en-suite bathroom
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was the 5th B&B I've stayed in, and it was by far the worst. I told Judy I was traveling for my fiancés 30th birthday, and asked if she could have something special waiting. We walked in and she was in the kitchen making cookies- so I thought that was the "special surprise". I could not have been more wrong. The only surprise I encountered was an old, dingy room with NO air circulation, a tiny shower and bathroom (that was in the main hallway), and two twin beds pushed together to form a King bed (that had elevated padding in the middle to prevent you from falling between the two beds and PREVENT any sleep). I was hoping for maybe a balloon or some flowers - wrong. I never saw the cookies, or anything special. Furthermore, the breakfast consisted of French Toast, bacon, and grapes. What happened to a choice?

I did walk by other rooms and they looked MUCH nicer than ours, so maybe that was the big turn off. Judy told me she would upgrade me to a better room if there were any open, and there was, but the upgrade never happened. The B&B was centrally located which was nice, but that was the only positive thing about this place.

I would ONLY recommend this place to someone that gets the Northface room. There are much better options out there! Beware!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cassandra M

Travelers are raving about these Chestertown hotels

Massachusetts
Reviewed September 3, 2006

This was our first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast and my fiancee and I had a fabulous time. Carl and Judy are the hosts and they are both so sweet and VERY hospitable. The house is well kept- clean and so quaint and cute. The house is also large and there is plenty of space. We booked late and got the smallest room with a bathroom in the hallway and it was still a great stay. Our room had a alarge bed, plenty of space and the bathroom was clean. I did see all the rooms before leaving and they are superb. They have redone all the bathrooms so they are beautiful and clean. So the stay was definately comfortable. Next- the FOOD!!! judy is a great cook, she makes you delicious breakfasts in the morning and their coffee is so good! We had a wonderful weekend. Its about 25min drive from all the touristy stuff, but we still managed to go rafting and biking without any problem. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank doctordeeps
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 24, 2005

The place is OK, but nothing to write home about and there was nothing about it that would make us want to return or recommend it to a friend.

Here's our short list of criticism:
1) The place is only a few yards off a 50 mph main road and an intersection, so the trucks and motorcycles etc slowing down and speeding up are audible from your bedroom window. This might not be a problem in winter but in the summer it certainly is.

2) The hosts are nice people, but way too focused on themselves. Be prepared to sit and listen to stories about their relatives, about what they did last weekend, etc. Not that we mind...it's just that we never got the chance to participate in the conversations.

3) The beds are very uncomfortable. We woke up with backaches both mornings.

4) The handling of reservations and payments was a bit sloppy.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 20, 2005

What a nice and relaxing place to stay while skiing at Gore Mt. Very unpretentious and pristine clean rooms. Breakfast was good and plentiful, but the coffee could have been better.

The owners are a very nice local couple who will sit and chat with you if you feel like but will leave you alone if you are looking for peace and quiet. I will definately come back and check out the area this summer!

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
Garnet Hill Lodge
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Sunset Mountain Lodge
Sunset Mountain Lodge
#2 of 2 in Brant Lake

Been to Landon Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!