“Derby Day in the Pub”

Cross street: Murphy Road
Clinton, Connecticut
“Derby Day in the Pub”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was recommended by the owner of The Fern Inn just up the road, I was not expecting such a great experience as we were so far into the woods but glad we went, Decided to sit in the pub to watch the Kentucky Derby sitting in large leather couches,coffee table in front, like being in a home. We had drinks and appetizer of a variety of artisan cheeses with warm bread and chutney to spread on the cheese, some of it local, then we left our comfy couch and sat at a table, great waiter, we both had lobster bisque with chive cream fraiche, so good! My husband had braised wild boar sliders and I had lobster crepes, to die for! Can't remember dessert that we shared but know it was good, So good we returned the next night, what a delightful find it was!

• Visited May 2014

North Easton, Massachusetts
“Private dinning in the wine cellar”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

On Saturday we had an intimate dinner for twelve which was just perfect for the private wine cellar. Appetizers, entrees, and wine were perfect for everyone. Very romantic setting! Service was great, and we felt like the only ones in the restaurant. Ultimate in privacy!

• Visited March 2014
Adirondack Mountains
“Great place to celebrate a special occasion”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My birthday dinner couldn't have been better. When my husband made the reservation, they asked if it was a special occasion and when we arrived, the menu had my name printed on top with birthday wishes (and a card signed by the staff!) It was a cold snowy night but the fire was going and the dining room was warm and cozy. I ordered the duck (a special that night) and it was one of the best! If we were the only people in the dining room, I would have licked my plate clean. Table side Bananas Foster capped off the night with a chocolate HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the plate - and, I enjoyed every chocolate letter! If you want to impress someone, this is the place.

• Visited March 2014
Castleton On Hudson, New York
“Incredible dining experiences at the Friends Lake Inn”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed one night at the Inn, and included in our arrangements was a three-course candlelight dinner and breakast the next morning. Their formal dining room is so pretty, with a lovely tin roof. We were also seated by a working fireplace which added to the romantic ambiance. (There is also a bar/bistro for a more casual seting.)

The menu had many good choices. We keep kosher and there were enough fish and vegetarian entrees to choose from. We started with an trio of artisan cheeses and house-made cherry compote that was outrageously good. We picked the three cheeses to try. The entrees were beautifully presented as well as tasty. There are many wines to pick from to compliment your meal. I was so full by the time dessert came, so our waitress packaged it so I could bring back to my room.

Breakfast the next day was in the bright and sunny dining area that overlooks the lake (frozen of course). You can select hot entree items made to order, as well as items from a breakfast buffet. The smoked lox is the best I have ever had. I enjoyed a lovely Italian frittata as well. We ate a hearty breakfast before going for a walk in the woods.

All the staff we interacted with are attentive and friendly. You can't miss with the dining experience here.

• Visited January 2014
Queensbury, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A large group of us with 3 birthday celebrations dined here. We have been here many times before & save going there for special occasions, because it is very pricy. They were not busy, but we were sort of neglected...no water, long time for drinks...over done steaks, etc. & a drink spilled down my husbands back. The food didn't seem up to our past dinning experiences there. Kind of disappointed. Not sure if we will go back.

• Visited January 2014