“Good Breakfast in Rustic Atmosphere”
Review of Deer Crossing Cafe - CLOSED

Deer Crossing Cafe
Description: Serving breakfast and lunch! Polish and American food with Italian favorites.
Reviewed July 6, 2015

My husband and I ate breakfast here during our first morning in the area. It is a cute little cafe/restaurant with a comical picture of a deer treeing a hunter painted by the outside door. The inside is decorated with wood, and is kind of rustic. We ordered fried eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, toast, coffee, etc. Standard breakfasts. The food was good, and there was plenty of it. An enjoyable meal. I would eat here again.

Reviewed June 20, 2015

Visited the Deer Crossing in the middle of the week around 7:30 with another couple. We heard some negative comments but wanted to make up our own minds and give them a try. Wasn't busy so the owner was attentive and at the end of our dinner asked us for feedback. He seemed like he took it all in and hopefully will follow through with what we suggested. They are waiting for their liquor license. I had a hamburger with sautéed onions, tomato, lettuce and cheese. I asked for medium rare but it came out well. The same for one of our friends. The French fries were very good. Another person had clam chowder. He said it was good though strangely very thick. He also had the potato pancake with mushroom sauce. The owner had suggested to have it with apple sauce and our friend agreed, after the fact, that he should have. My husband had spinach and bean soup. It was different, good but salty. He also had the stuffed cabbage with pork and mashed potato. He thought it tasty. We all finished with sharing a piece of carrot cake. Definitely knew it was home made and the presentation was very nice with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. We might try again in a couple of weeks maybe for breakfast.

Reviewed June 15, 2015

As of June 2015 they are under new ownership and the decor is so-so to poor. The service was beyond horrid. We sat for over 1/2 hour and never got a menu or even a cup of coffee. (we were there for breakfast) A table that was there ahead of us said they had been there for 45 minutes and had neither as well and they walked out. We ended up walking out after waiting patiently for over 1/2 an hour with no menus, no water, no coffee, NOTHING! No apologies or anything as we walked out...we told them we could not wait any longer as we had places we had to be. Decor was rustic in the front room, back room had deer heads on the wall and then sheer curtains hung in the corners as if to set up for bridal showers...very weird!! Definitely not the same as it used to be!!

3  Thank LynnAndRick
Reviewed June 10, 2015

My husband and I decided to try Deer Crossing for breakfast since we were visiting family nearby.
We were greeted at the door by the new owners and seated immediately. The service was excellent and the menu allowed you to pick 4 items to put together. They call it building your own breakfast.
The food was very good.
The cafe was very clean and decorated tastefully with a feeling of the adirondacks.
We will definitely be going back on our next trip!

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Went to the Deer Crossing Cafe for lunch with my husband. Only 2 other tables occupied - one finishing, one ordering. A single waitress on the floor. My husband orders the Crab Cake sandwich. Told by waitress that item is no longer being offered but hasn't been removed from menu. I order the Bacon Apple Brie sandwich. Few minutes later, waitress asks me if I ordered the Turkey Brie sandwich. I tell her no and point out the Bacon Apple Brie sandwich on the menu.

We overhear loud discussion in the kitchen.

I am promptly served a large Turkey Brie sandwich. I protest loudly saying "So I get Turkey anyway?!!" The waitress comes to me with the menu again saying Turkey Brie is the menu item. When I point to the Bacon Apple Brie, she apologizes saying it is a new menu.

We overhear more loud discussion in the kitchen.

Eventually, I am served the correct sandwich. It was fair, certainly not worth the aggravation I endured.

1  Thank rjm-12817