Twin Pine Lodge
Gore Mountain Lodge(North Creek)(Great Value!)
$179
Travelocity
The Alpine Lodge(North Creek)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
The Sagamore Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$68
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbasketball courthidden gemfire pitirenepool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I originally found out about this lodge on line and have been vacationing there ever since. My family absolutely loves it .They love to fish and swim.It's a great opportunity to get away from hustle and bustle and enjoy the beauty of the mountains.You have the use of a heated pool on the property and a lake across the road.Yes, the cabins are older and rustic, they're cabins not hotel rooms.We always stay in the Upper Chalet which is the most updated and has 3 bedrooms. If I wanted modern, I guess I would pay $2000.00 for the week and stay in Lake George with the rest of the stressed out people. The price is right here and the accomodations are OK.Irene is very nice and my grandkids love her. If you need anything she's right there to supply it. I highly recommend it if you want a real getaway and a chance to spend some quality time with your family.

Room Tip: If you need xtra room the upper & lower chalet are perfect for a large family
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank mcintyrefamily46796
Reviewed February 28, 2013

great location, surrounded by woods and a stream. a snow mobil trail near by. close to gore mountain ski resort. also close to a small town. good place for snowshoeing also. friendly owner. furniture are old, otherwise a five star.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sthfishy
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We are a family of 8 (kids 9 - 17) and stayed in one of the 3-bedroom cabins. The cabin we stayed in was a lot more rustic than I anticipated which was a bit of a shock. Living room furniture was extremely old and could use some cleaning. The refigerator and TV was also very outdated. We had brought gaming consoles for rainy days and the TV was so old it didn't have a composite connection (we did hear from other guests that some rooms had newer TVs). I was satisfied with the beds and overall the place was pretty clean. After the initial shock of the place my kids had a great time playing at the pool and walking over to the lake across the street. I had imagined there would be more activity, but the place was pretty quiet while we were there. The owner Irene was always courteous to me, but not to my kids which bothered me. She felt they were playing too loudly at the pool, so she actually told them they couldn't be at the pool if she wasn't there. I explained to her that she needed to talk to me, not tell my kids they couldn't use the the pool, because the sunbathing adults didn't want to be disturbed. She is not a lifeguard and they have signs posted saying no lifeguard on duty, so there no reason for her to insist she had to be there. After that I just made sure that I was there to supervise them. They also have nightly bonfires, but after the first night we didn't go back because the adults, while very friendly, didn't curb there language with the kids around. My kids have very fond memories of our stay at the cabin, but they also always mention that the owner was not so nice to them which kinda sucks. If not for that reason we would go back and just request a room with a newer TV.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank tantv79
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Six of us stayed in the upper chalet, which had plenty of space for all of us plus a couple of dogs. The cabin itself was slightly more rustic than we expected and it only had a single bathroom, but everything was absolutely clean. Irene, the owner, was super-helpful and accomodating and even let me use her printer to print out a coupon and directions to a nearby attraction. The location was great for us -- far enough from the Lake George tourist traps, but close enough to Fort Ticonderoga and whitewater rafting. The enclosed porch was a convenient place to leave the dogs while we were on our daily adventures. The resort site is absolutely beautiful, plus it had a volleyball net and firepit, both of which we used several times. The heated pool was clean -- I only wish it were open a little later (closed at 6pm). The only negative I can think of is that it didn't have laundry facilities. Definitely highly recommended.

Room Tip: Upper chalet is recommended
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family