“After fall off horse no care was shown”
Review of Circle B Ranch

Circle B Ranch
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Our ride started off great. I was on a horse that had 3 names apparently because they said he goes to other places and they had just got him. They called him Jasper I believe. The ride was going pretty good except my horse kept stumbling and trying to veer off into the trees and wanting to pass other horses etc. We trotted twice and I had no problems. Jasper tried to take me off under a few tree limbs etc.. He was huffing a lot during the ride and seemed uncomfortable. On the third time we trotted he tried passing again by going into the trees and I went to slow him down and bring him back in line and I don't know if he spooked or tripped but next thing I know I was flying off sideways and landed quite hard. I have had several riding lessons and have leased a horse before so I have had some experience with riding. I have ridden trail horses numerous times before and never had this kind of problem. I am a heavier rider but that shouldn't of made a difference. Jasper was a large horse. Chris, the guide and the owner also I believe came back and told me I had to get back on and I could not walk out despite the pain I was in. I attempted to mount from the ground and could not due to my shortness and the horse being quite tall. I am also heavy and have hip problems. It hurt so much to try mounting, my legs began shaking violently and I was gasping in pain. Chris got on his cell and was contacting the barn but I tried again and on the third try was able to remount. Chris seemed very uncaring about my fall and did not ask me again how I was or apologize in any way.. I realize it is not entirely his fault I was thrown off because horse riding has a risk involved but his lack of concern or empathy really upset me. I e-mailed him and tried to explain how the horse was acting but never got a response. I would said ride at your own risk, you do have to sign a waiver anyhow but don't expect anything more than just a trail ride. Cameras are also not allowed on the ride.

4  Thank geocachelinda
in 7 reviews
in 15 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We recently had our trail ride this past Monday. I was very upset by the experience and will certainly not be returning or suggesting this farm to anyone else. We showed up early and found a man who would be our trail guide obviously irritated that he had to leave his other job to take us. He said he had to catch horses and that would take awhile. Once ready he also threw in the comment that we looked like bikers and not cowboys due to our tattoos, when in fact we have horses of our own, not a motorcycle! Anyways, the ride itself was nice and the horses seemed well cared for and calm but we were barely spoken to. Needless to say it was not a nice experience. I only hope it is better for other customers!

5  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and daughter are big equestrians and missed riding while we were up in Johnsburg. Great luck to find these guys, they were willing to let my wife and daughter ride to their ability, with a personal guide (cowboy) along with them. Very accomodating staff with a great attitude and a top rate facility.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was a fun experience and Cody was very nice...although it was a little dull at times. We walked up the trail, and just chatted. Did not get to trot or go off course at all.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were so excited to return to Circle B Ranch(please see my previous review),,,our trail ride was WONDERFUL(again)! There was a total of twelve riders: a family of four, a family of three and our family of five. The trail guides showed great respect for the customers, especially the first timers as they provided horses that would be easy going. The trail ride takes you through their scenic woods. It is a beautiful and enjoyable ride. I must say that I am also particularly impressed on how well fed and groomed their horses are. Circle B Ranch takes excellent care of their animals. We look forward to our next trail ride at Circle B.