“Not a good time”
Review of Circle B Ranch

Circle B Ranch
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I just wanted to warn people since their personal sight does not allow honest reviews unless they are good. My Room mate and i took our boy friends up to this ranch back in March 2010. My Room mate and I are experienced riders, Our boyfriends are beginners. We had a Andy as our tour guide and although he was entertaining and it was not anything the experienced riders could not handle, it was mayhem for our beginners. Our tour guide took off cantering a couple of times down the trail and of course the other horses followed because they are herd animals, but our guide did not even ask if everyone was comfortable with trotting, let alone cantering! Our boyfriends were just barely comfortable walking on horse back. ( and yes we did tell our guide they where beginners before we even got started). Lets just say we would have had a better time if our guide took some time off his busy schedule to ask if it was okay if we trotted or cantered. Also He did not put into consideration a beginners horse vs a experienced riders horse and my room mates boyfriends got stuck with a horse definitely not suited for a beginner, could hardly get the horse to respond to him which of course made him even more uneasy about the ordeal. All and all our trip was not a pleasurable one, Although I will say the trails themselves where nice.

5  Thank Beth V
in 7 reviews
in 15 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Whether you are a novice (the kids were) or an experienced rider ( I am), The Circle B Ranch is the place to go. Our 90 minute trail ride was an adventure through the Adirondacks. We traveled through the forest with great views of the mountains. Our horses walked and trotted on the trail. Circle B requires riders to view an educational video prior to riding. The video clearly explains what to expect and how to behave while on horseback. The guides are experienced and handle the horses and the riders with great care. This is an authentic ranch. I was very impressed by the owner and his staff. My family included four girls ages:16, 14, 11 and 9 as well a a boy that is 12. We all loved Circle B Ranch!

3  Thank smartcookie1916