Friends Lake Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Gore Mountain Lodge(North Creek)(Great Value!)
$179
$149
Travelocity
The Alpine Lodge(North Creek)(Great Value!)
$159
The Sagamore Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
$229
$206
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$85
$72
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewswine cellarfriends lakecommon roomsleigh ridetop notchget awaythe entire staffpork chopchocolate chip cookiesthe main dining roomrestaurant staffsteam showergreat weekendcurrent ownersbed and breakfastlook forwardscreened porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband whisked me away for an overnight and it was marvelous. We stayed in the River Rock room and everything was exactly what I had hoped for. The room was cozy, the fireplace was ready for fire. They gave you some CDs and a CD player. There was a common room with games and a fridge stocked for the taking. The grounds were immaculate and inviting. Everyone was friendly and genuine! It felt very much like home, freedom to roam and do as you please without restriction. The martinis was healthy and the menu was interesting and well done. Our service was a slow for a slow night which was disappointing but I had no other place I wanted to be then there with my husband. So we just drank and waited for the food. I didn't care for the cider mussels as much as I wanted to but the steaks were phenominal. Food good- wine better! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: River rock has a great view and is comfy!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank goldsoul
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place is the closest thing to perfect I have ever found in Upstate NY.

1. Each room is distinctive, mine was quiet and comfortable, and I recommend getting one with steam shower and/or hot tub. (If you need a TV let them know in advance some rooms have some do not).
2. Cross-country skiing and snow shoe trails have something for all skill levels.
3. Food is five-star and so is the service that comes with it.
4. Overall service is attentive, friendly, and I think psychic I felt like they were one step ahead of me all the time.
5. Wine selection is amazing (go downstairs and check out wine room and store) great selections very reasonably priced.
6. Nice wine bar and wide selection of other libations.

Other things; close to Gore Mountain, 30 min or less to Lake George, 45 minutes to Lake Placid.

Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank fourbirds_11
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Friends Lake Inn a number of times and consider it one of our favorite places in the Adirondacks. This year we decided to stay for my birthday and took a scenic ride in a helicopter. The staff was friendly and most gracious. My husband had some dietary issues and each meal was served with those considerations in mind.Each meal was wonderful complemented by the wait staff and wonderful surroundings. Our room was comfortable and had all the amenities we wanted: wonderful view, a comfortable bed, sitting area, and lovely bathroom with a steam shower and jacuzzi. They also have impressive wine cellar and wine selection.The staff is knowledgeable about wines help helps you select just the right one for your meal. We'll be back that's for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary V
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My family and I have eaten here regularly since 1985. We love this place and it continues to please so many years later! Not far from Gore mountain and near all of the amazing hiking and lake fun of the Adirondacks. The crepe with lobster and scallops with a buerre blanc sauce is one of my favorite apps anywhere in the world! Just love it. The wine list is most definitely the best in upstate NY. A binder of pages and pages of the best wines in the world. This place is just the best!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank SiriusSkier23
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just enjoyed a wine dinner - Duck Horn Wines - at the Inn and were very happy with the presentation, the wine and the food. Wonderful meal all in all. We stayed in one of the top floor rooms and loved it. We usually pick one of the Adirondack rooms with fireplace and porch - but those were unavailable. The whole experience at the Inn is super. ENJOY !!

Room Tip: They have a number of room types with various amenities. NOTE - It's a great run away without TV's in your room. Only one room has a very small TV. They do have a TV in the bar aera and another in a common lounge area. We bring our MP3 players and plug them into the radio and enjoy the music and the get away!! No TV is perfect. Peaceful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple