This place is the closest thing to perfect I have ever found in Upstate NY.
1. Each room is distinctive, mine was quiet and comfortable, and I recommend getting one with steam shower and/or hot tub. (If you need a TV let them know in advance some rooms have some do not).
2. Cross-country skiing and snow shoe trails have something for all skill levels.
3. Food is five-star and so is the service that comes with it.
4. Overall service is attentive, friendly, and I think psychic I felt like they were one step ahead of me all the time.
5. Wine selection is amazing (go downstairs and check out wine room and store) great selections very reasonably priced.
6. Nice wine bar and wide selection of other libations.
Other things; close to Gore Mountain, 30 min or less to Lake George, 45 minutes to Lake Placid.
Can't wait to come back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friends Lake Inn, a member of Select Registry. Is a luxury Adirondack hotel offering romantic lodging and two on-site dining options; our fine dining restaurant and welcoming taproom featuring regional beers. Guests are treated to a full made-to-order breakfast each morning. Property amenities include access to Friends Lake and complimentary kayaks, a heated swimming pool, sauna, miles of hiking trails, and on-site cross country ski and snowshoe rentals. The perfect "all inclusive" getaway in the Southern Adirondacks Mountains! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Friends Lake Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Friends Lake Hotel Chestertown