“close to highway and family friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chester
Cleveland, Ohio
“close to highway and family friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

great free hot breakfast; nice pool.. we were told a baseball team would be staying there and we asked to not be near them so management obliged. close to highway and NYC about an hour away. room was updated and bathroom nice and large

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mkwiatk
Jayson R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear mkwiatk,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Chester, NY. I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our great free hot breakfast and our nice pool. On behalf of the staff we are glad that you were very happy with the room we recommended. We look forward to your future stay with us.

jayson.rivera@hhmlp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel overall was very nice. The room was clean. The breakfast had the standard nice variety of Holiday Inn Express hotels. I would stay again at this hotel. The hotel was a 50 minute drive to Loch Sheldrake in the Catskills and there was no traffic when I drove early Friday morning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Professor18
Jayson R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Professor18,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Chester, NY. I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the hotel overall being very nice and the room being clean. Our staff does a great job in changing the breakfast menu and having a good variety each day. We look forward to your future stay with us.

Holiday Inn Express
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a good visit that was going bad however management made up for it and tried to correct everything. The old mattress wasn't getting fixed during our visit but I'm sure they are going to fix. The mass of kids going to a baseball tournament couldn't be fixed but they tried to contain then group, kids will be kids. Nice place overall.

Stayed July 2014
Jayson R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Nysaao,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Chester, NY. We would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our staff and glad that we were able to correct any issues right away. Hotel has purchased new mattresses and we have replaced the ones needed to be replaced. We look forward to your future stay with us.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice bright clean room. I always stay at Holiday Inn because they use white bedding, so it's easy to see if there are any stains and makes you feel that it's cleaner. The room we had was very big and the bathroom was updated. The air conditioning system worked well. One thing I would complain about is if you want a room with 2 beds instead of 1 king bed, there is an extra charge. This isn't the case at most other hotels. Also, I called reception the night before check out to request a later check out, and they said I would have to call back in the morning to request this, as they couldn't make the decision. It kind of defeated the purpose, as I wanted a late check out so that I could sleep in, but still had to wake up early to call and ask for a later check out in the morning. On the upside. they had free chocolate chip cookies at the front desk, which was a nice touch. One thing I would like to see at Holiday Inn's in the future is non-carpeted rooms. There is always a slight smell with carpeted rooms, and you never know how dirty the carpets are. With floors, it's easier to see if it's clean and the smells would be eliminated.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wanderer786,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. I will follow up with my staff regarding the late check outs and will be corrected right away. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the size of our guestrooms and updated bathrooms. We are glad that you enjoyed our chocolate chip cookies that we make each morning. I will pass the information along to our corporate office regarding the wood floors. We look forward to your future stay with us.

Rockland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and while it is right off of Route 17, it is very quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the HVAC in the room worked great. Breakfast was plentiful as well. It was also great having a fridge in the room. Not every hotel offers that. This hotel is near Woodbury Commons which is very convenient if you are coming to shop. I would absolutely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MarkWoodmanGM
Dear MarkWoodmanGM,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Chester, NY. I would like to personally thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotels location right off Route 17, our beds being very comfortable and the HVAC in the room worked great. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your future trip to Chester!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had to stay in Chester overnight once a week for several weeks due to a family emergency. Jayson Rivera, manager, was extremely sensitive to my situation and worked with me on a special rate. Lauren, another staff member on duty also was very helpful, they even called me back to assist me at the last moment. I very much appreciate their assistance and accommodation and will continue to stay here whenever I visit. Rooms are clean and staff respond to any needs asap.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jayson R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Linda C,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Chester, NY. I would like to personally thank you for your kind words regarding our staff being helpful and our guestrooms being clean. We look forward to your future visits and wish your family the best.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

After a long delayed flight and a harrowing 2 hour taxi ride we arrived at nearly 4 am at the holiday inn express in Chester ny. The associate on duty, Lauren was efficient and got us in and settled quickly bat 4 am after traveling 24 hours from Central America. There is nothing to complain about when you gave a bed waiting the next morning however is a different story. Or perhaps later the same morning is a better way to express it

We could barely sleep because it was so cold and no efforts to adjust thermostat worked. At 5 am we just huddled in a blanket and fell unto an exhausted stupor. Around 930 we woke to get ready for breakfast and I discovered no hot water. This is a rough first day no breakfast was okay food wise but the surly associate in charge was neither friendly nor helpful. To my query as to the availability of hot cocoa she merely sneered and said not in this season

Ok no problem we are from a country where we drink hot chocolate daily in 90 degree heat. But no problem just say we don’t have it!

I've attached pictures of the dirty worn room condition. All being said I extended two nights BECAUSE Lauren and Morris at the desk were both so polite and helpful I couldn't help but overlook the physical shortcomings.

You must improve the condition of this hotel or you will squander the good effects of these fine individuals who represent you so well Kudos to the front office team, you should make the owners and the Hoiday Inn family very proud!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Irene V
Jayson R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Irene V,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. We would like to personally thank you for the kind words for our team. We will pass your comments along and acknowledge their hard work and reward them for being helpful through your stay. I will personally review your comments and take actions going forward to correcting the issues you have identified. I would like to personally invite you back to the hotel please contact me directly.

845.469.3000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Central Valley
3.0 of 5 stars 230 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen? Share your experiences!