“Pretty Straight Up Restaurant and Menu”
Review of Chester Diner

Chester Diner
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 13, 2012

You can find all the normal things you find to your liking at this place. Omelet, waffles, sandwiches are available all day long. I cannot say it is great, but it is local and so it has character that all those chain restaurants can never duplicate.

There are newer reviews for Chester Diner

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ended up bringing a party of 18 people here for dinner the other night and we were pleasantly surprised. The wait staff was abe to set us up in an area towards the back and they were great about splitting up orders for billing purposes. The menu is huge and the prices were very reasonable. Meals from the specials page were recommended to us and each one came with a shrimp cocktail, soup or salad, entree and dessert. The drink prices were very reasonable as well. The food was served in a timely manner and the portions were generous. The food tasted great! There were not too many restaurants to eat at in Chester NY, but I'm sure glad they had this diner! We don't really get down to this area very often, but next time we do I would definitely revisit the Chester Diner.

1  Thank Buckoranch
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Haven't been to a diner in years. It was like coming home.
Food was great. Location was good and the service was outstanding.

1  Thank flogorp
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

This diner is pretty average when you talk price, selection etc. There is better for a better value nearby. The wait staff was so nice....its a shame because I can't imagine they get much repeat business.

Bottom line: I got food poisoning....will not be going back. And to be honest before I got sick I really wasn't planning on a return visit.

2  Thank DayRay35
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had supper here on a Friday night. Burgers and fries were straightforward and good. They have a gigantic menu with all kinds of sandwiches and hot food.

I think diners should serve good pie. But here the apple pie was a huge disappointment -- it was served refrigerator-cold and the filling wasn't much good either. Hot pie from McDonald's next door would have been a lot better.

The place was fine and clean, but didn't have any special atmosphere. The most notable thing to look at is the menu itself. Service was standard and fine, except for the pie (maybe the server's fault, maybe the kitchen's).

1  Thank sociable_lapwing