All reviewssupper roomprincess suitehudson valleyspa treatmentsprix fixthe fine dining restaurantgilded agean entire weekamazing propertypublic spacesprivate partiesnew yorkthe entire staffromantic weekendguest roomschina roomlittle touches
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Having stayed here a year ago and upon coming back, I was amiss to see that some details have been ignored....especially with the lack of attention to bedding in the room. The staff continues to be nice and accommodating......the pool area needs some tidying up, in particular the stained blue cushions on the summer chaises....meals still good.....The spa is good, dependent upon which attendant you get.....not sure if I'd go back.

Room Tip: Check out your room before you check in!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank summer0807
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We've been to many 5 star hotels and resorts and thought we had seen it all, but Glenmere has set the new standard! The service, the people, the rooms, the food...all spectacular. Guest are treated like royalty from the moment they arrive and the staff is the nicest, most gracious and helpful I've ever experienced. A great resort is all about the details and Glenmere and it's staff have nailed it!!! Couldn't be better and can't say enough except that I can't wait to come back - at least a few times a year. This place is the BEST!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mr S
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is our 3rd visit to Glenmere in 4 months and I already can't wait to come back. They get every detail right here - exceptional service, gorgeous rooms and spa and wonderful food. This is truly our new home away from home - a total gem.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I would certainly give Glenmere more than 5 stars if it were possible.

My wife and I just returned from 3 nights at Glenmere Mansion. This is by far one of the nicest resorts in the US. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty and perhaps that is because you are truly staying in a mansion. Words cannot describe the beauty of this place. Our room, which was a deluxe room, was truly spectacular. From the perfectly decorated and spacious room the large corner balcony overlooking the large front lawn and lake in the distance, the room exceeded any expectations that we had. We have stayed in Ritz Carlton's and this room exceeded those we have stayed in before.

The room rate includes breakfast which is a full service (not buffet) selection of food. We dined in the Frog's End Tavern (both inside and outside) as well as the main dining room which is only open Thursdays through the weekend. The food was exceptional in all regards.

The newly opened spa was a sight to behold. As a recommendation, be sure to take advantage of the Hammam water treatments. At the very least, make sure they show you the Hammam treatment room. After your spa service, you will be seated in the "library" waiting room and served light snacks and water. Everything about the spa is exceptional and first class.

The staff of Glenmere is tremendous. We especially got to know Charles the head butler. He is a great guy and made a recommendation for a local place to purchase a few cigars.

It would be hard to come up with anything negative to say about Glenmere, but if pressed, I would say the only minor complaint that I would have would be the lack of foam pillows. The room comes with feather pillows, but my wife and I are foam people. They did not have foam in housekeeping so perhaps they will add these to the lineup for us foam people.

Glenmere is about an hour by car outside of New York City. Once you cross the George Washington Bridge, the drive is very scenic and easy to make. This Texas boy was able to easily make the drive.

Room Tip: We were in Room 12 (there are only 18 rooms). The room was a "deluxe room" and was very large room with a large balcony with a table and chairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank spursone
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night here when we needed to attend a funeral in town. Although there is a 2 night minimum weekend stay, they graciously waived that given our situation. We stayed in an elegant King bedded room over looking the courtyard. Both the bedroom and the bathroom were so gorgeous, with beautiful details throughout. I have been dreaming of redecorating ever since! The hospitality from the minute you drive in is formal, yet gracious and warm ,not pretentious. Every aspect of our stay, with the exception of the reason for our visit was perfect and we cannot wait to return to stay for the weekend and enjoy the spa. We had a wonderful dinner and an amazing breakfast. A truly special place that I look forward to visiting again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple