All reviewssupper roomprincess suitehudson valleyspa treatmentsprix fixthe fine dining restaurantgilded agean entire weekamazing propertypublic spacesprivate partiesnew yorkthe entire staffromantic weekendguest roomschina roomlittle touches
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This stunning place provides everything you could ask for ... And then some. The rooms are beautiful, with a steam shower we used several times! The dinner was as fine as the best "fine dining" we have ever had. Staff, including the owners made us feel not only welcome, but special. There was even a thoughtful parting gift.
I have been recommending to all my friends that they experience this special place even if only for the dinner.

Room Tip: Try to get one with the steam shower.
1  Thank aStarduster
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The owners of Glenmere Mansion located just an hour outside of New York City have captured every visual and social sensibility of the very finest hotels in Tuscany and/or the South of France. The restoration is stunning, the staff is very hospitable, and the food is exceedingly good. The two-month old spa is the finest I have seen any place in the world, with a private Turkish bath without rival. A special one night stay was an intense experience that created a memory for a lifetime. As a member of the prestigious Relais et Chateaux group, their highest rating is well deserved. This place is a great alternative for those who can't or won't fly to Europe for a very similar experience.

Room Tip: Even the least expensive rooms on the ground floor are beautifully appointed although a sweeping view of the 150 acres is lacking.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EML123
Reviewed June 16, 2012

A beautiful setting, A Majestic mansion surrounded by lush lawns, and gardens. Once we walked through the front door we were warmly greeted. given a brief tour and brought out on the patio for drinks while we waited for our reservation time. A waitress came right away to take our drink order. We sat on big wicker chairs with very comfortable cushions. Promptly at 6:00 we were led to our table in the Supper Room. I had the English Pea Ravioli for my appetizer, they were delicious! My wife had the Seared Scallops which she said were perfect. We both ordered the Grilled Strip Steak. we both thought it was very good. For dessert I was the big winner. She ordered the Warm Apple Crisp, which to me didn't look like Apple Crisp to me but she said it was good. As a nice addition they wrote Happy Birthday on her dish. I, however, ordered Mrs. Astor's Ice Cream Sundae. The ice cream came in a large goblet, the warm chocolate syrup and fresh whipped cream came on the side so I could make it the way I like it. It was outstanding! I didn't stay at the hotel, but I highly recommend the Glenmere Mansion for dinner.

1  Thank Gio D
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Although we have not stayed at the mansion, as we live in the area, we love going there for the wonderful wine dinners and lunches for special occasions. It was one today. I called when we were about a half hour away to say we were coming. Shortly after our arrival, a lovely gentleman sought us out & apologized for not returning our call and greeted us warmly. They have made the menu so it runs from lunch through dinner to accomodate folks like us and guests staying there as well with wonderful specials - something for everyone. The choices today were spectacular! Eat your heart out NYC! Kudos go to the well trained staff who take care of your every need with such professionalism but also with a warmth not seen so much today.

1  Thank Clancy159
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I just spent our anniversary weekend at the Glenmere Mansion and we had read quite a bit about the property before going and had very high expectations. I was amazed that as sky high as our expectations were they managed to exceed them in every way possible. The service was PERFECT and I mean PERFECT! Anything and everything you could have possibly thought of it seemed they had read your mind and already had it planned as you wanted it. The food and spa were amazing. The grounds and common rooms and pool were fantastic. My wife and I both work and we have 2 kids and lead an extremely busy life and are usally pretty high stress people.. I can not overstate the level of calm and relaxation that Glenmere was able to produce within 1 hour of our arrival. It was one of the best weekend trips we have ever had anywhere and we have been to alot of places. For and adults only weekend break from the hectic everday world there is no place better that I have ever been.. We will be returning as soon as we can, this place is not cheap but unlike most places that charge this type of money for a stay Glemere Mansion is worth every penny!

3  Thank AUNYGSBC