“Hot Stuff”

Tepee Pete's Chow Wagon
Cuisines: Fast Food, American
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is not your typical Hot dog stand. Pete, Tepee Pete is just a guy with a pot of chili and a dream. Serving roadside eats, outside dining only. Only open seasonally May to October.
Rutland, Vermont, United States
“Hot Stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Great place. He makes you sign a release before you try the hot chili. Very friendly service and a great view from the picnic area.Nice souvenirs at the tee pee.

1 Thank Steve T

“Delicious food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Tepee Pete has excellent hot dogs and burgers!! But what stands out the most is his Harvest Chili and fried dough with apples and cinnamon !!

His harvest chili is unique and should be sold in stores!! Next time I'm in Cherry Valley I'll be stopping by the Tee Pee for more !! Bob P.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Bobpep
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chili Gourmet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Had Pete's "Beer Chili" on the BBQ Burger a long with Sweet potato fries and Blue Berry Vinegar dipping sauce. And it was flipping awesome!!!

Pete was super friendly and has loads of stories to tell.

1 Thank Jordan D
Penfield, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bit of nostalgia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We decided to find the tin tepee we had visited over 25 years ago. It is still there with a much larger gift shop than we remembered. Right outside the tepee is Tepee Pete's Chow Wagon with hot dogs, chili and a cold drink. Pete's an absolute delight to talk to, and the view from the parking lot is breathtaking. We'll worth the stop.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gert M
Cobleskill, New York
“Very good & unique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just visited this place based on the reviews on Trip advisor. The owner was super friendly. I thought it was cute that I had to sign a disclaimer before I tried the hot chili. I was glad I tried it first. I wound up going with the harvest bounty chili which was very good. I'm glad we went. I probably wouldn't have known this place existed if it wasn't for trip advisor. I will definitely go back & bring friends. The gift shop was nice too. I felt like I stepped back in time into a simpler time. I really enjoyed it very much.

• Visited September 2013