“Lovely way to spend an evening.”

Rose & Kettle Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cherry Valley, New York, United States
“Lovely way to spend an evening.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had dinner with four friends, and the atmosphere was wonderful. We bumped into many friends while there. The service is very helpful. I ordered my usual risotto filled with delicious veggies. It is always superb and this time it was all the more so. For dessert my husband and I shared a creme brule, which was fantastic.
I also had a glass Pinot Grigio from Chile at $5. a glass, and found it most delicious.
We stayed late, and no one rushed us out. Lovely evening.

• Visited November 2013

Wappingers Falls, New York
“BEST FOOD I'VE EVER HAD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

In a little town but the food was out of this world! Best place to go! Outside of the hustle and bustle of Cooperstown but worth the drive

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very fresh. very well prepared. phenomenal service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I frequent the Rose and Kettle whenever we can get a babysitter. The food is always beyond our expectations! The staff is friendly, fun and awesome! The decor is very warm and inviting, you feel like you're in your own home! Chef Begley is known to cook up some very enticing meals (personally, i've enjoyed his tasty cuisine for well over a decade). He never disappoints when we go to the Rose and Kettle! My Wife has a gluten sensitivity, and the staff was very accommodating to her needs.

• Visited August 2013
Brooklyn, NY
“Very good but if they only improved their late nite service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

... they would make twice as much money with the after opera crowd! One of the few place where you can get a bite form a limited late night menu but they make you wait for your drinks! Their normal menu is very good, the building and porch most charming and the scene is great...

Visited August 2013
“Cosy Eclectic Country Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This past weekend I had a wonderful meal with friends at this cosy country restaurant. The menu is a very eclectic from crab cakes to samosas to fish and chips but everything is well done. We ordered a variety of menu items so I was able to taste a number of dishes. All were well cooked and each had a distinct taste. The bread served as a starter was excellent with a crunchy crust and airy inside. For appetizers, the samosas were excellent with a spicy hot chutney which brought out the Indian flavors.The rosemary flatbread with carmelized onions and arugula had and entirely different flavor but was excellent as well. I often try my comfort foods in restaurants figuring that I will have something to compare so I ordered the Fish and Chips which was very tasty. The chips were long thin slices of potatoes which were well cooked and the pan seared cod was not breaded but cooked just right. Definitely the only time I have had fish and chips with the fish not breaded. An nice improvement I think. One of my companions had the mussels in tomato broth which was yet another flavor that was done to perfection. There was a nice wine list and the Pinot Noir we had was very good. Prices were reasonable. The service was good. The Rose and Kettle is on my list of favorite restaurants.

• Visited August 2013