“nice ambiance - excellent service”

Rose & Kettle Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Richfield Springs, New York
“nice ambiance - excellent service”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I experienced the Rose and Kettle for the first time last weekend. The atmosphere is nice but it's loud once it gets busy as there's so many people in such a small area. Our food was good but we both found our steaks to be "sauced out." It was just a little too heavy for us. My crabcake appetizer was excellent though! Oh and my Malbec was pretty darned good as well ;o)

I'd say you have to try it, that it's a lovely experience and there's a good chance you'll really like it.

• Visited July 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Lovely place, great food!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely evening at the Rose and Kettle during our recent trip to the area. I had two appetizers. The mussels were the best I have ever had - very plump and the broth was just the perfect amount of garlic and the onions were sweet. The lamb skewers melted in my mouth!!!

I enjoyed chatting with the server and learning more about her farm and the local area.

I highly recommend a meal at the Rose and Kettle!

• Visited May 2013
Mount Kisco, New York
“Pass by too fast and you will miss it....”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

First of all if you drive by Cherry Valley too fast you will miss this restaurant. Looks like a house and when you walk in you do feel that it's a home. The restaurant has all the original detailing of the house (hardwood floors, fire place, etc). On a hunch we decided to check this restaurant out having stayed near downtown Cooperstown. The food and service were excellent. The portions of the entrees were quite large.My wife and I really enjoyed the ambiance. There is a small bar towards the back end of the restaurant that seemed to be occupied by locals. We heard that they also do music on some nights. I had the steak and my wife had the mussels as an appetizer (which turned out to be a huge plate of mussels). Would def. come back.

• Visited April 2013
Cooperstown, New York
“A gem”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

In a beautiful old house in Cherry Valley, this restaurant has a great menu, wonderful service and a good wine list.

Visited September 2012
Albany, New York, United States
“Thursday nights with Music!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Most Thursday evenings you can find great music as well as delicious food! I really like their Crab Cakes and the Flat Bread Pizza with Arugula! My husband is equally fond of their Meat Loaf and Roasted Chicken entrees. Good salads too!

Visited September 2012