“Are the walls made of paper? So noisy!”

Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Toronto, Canada
“Are the walls made of paper? So noisy!”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed one night and that was more than enough. The room itself was decorated straight out of the late 70s, the bed was decent but the pillows were tiny and flat, the sheets were thin and the towels even thinner. We had to unplug the fridge because it kept turning on and off all night, waking us up every time with it's loud engine. We could hear every sneeze, toilet flush, and door closing around us all night. Worst sleep ever. When we told the staff they acted surprised and said sorry. I don't know how they can be surprised considering the other reviews have mentioned the noise. The check in staff were very friendly though. One more thing, if you get the stay and fly, make sure you call when you arrive back in Buffalo, because the shuttle does not run every 15 minutes. Would have helped if they told us this.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This hotel is located right across from the airport's long term parking. The location is fantastic for a Sleep, Park, and Fly. The check in was smooth and easy with really personable front desk staff. We were upgraded to a "Jacuzzi king room", which would have been great if we could use it! The 'hot' water was luke warm at best so the tub was unusable. We did find some hair in the shower and tub, so the rooms could have been cleaner. The breakfast spread is really great and it was ready at 4:15am when we had to catch our flight! It was nice to have some fruit and a coffee before heading out to the airport. We paid $129 including parking while we were away, which was good compared to the area hotels. The decor is outdated, but that didn't concern us as we were just there for the night. I think I'll try another hotel unless this one has a better price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffPatt
sleepinnny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate hearing when a job is well done. As for our appearance, we are aware of the need for upgrade. In fact we are already in the planning stages of remodeling every room in the hotel to help modernize it. This will only help improve everyones stay. While we're on the topic of remodeling please note our plans are to do a few rooms at a time minimizing any construcation concerns guest often have during this time of transition. Stay tuned to for updates as to construction dates with in the upcoming year.
Louisville KY
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We arrived on Wed night late, we had reserved a King room for 4 nights. I noticed the carpet was damp, but it was late and we were tired. The next morning the carpet was damp again around the air conditioner, we reported the problem and immediately maintenance showed up with carpet cleaner. However, the problem persisted, and we were upgraded to a King Suite without hesistation.
The staff was very helpful...and the breakfast area was well stocked and clean.
Even though we were close to the airport, the plane noise was not a problem.
We did not need the airport shuttle, but it seemed to be available to customers who needed it.
The only negative was that our rooms only had a shower, no bathtub!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank egabby55
sleepinnny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your response. As you experienced Maintance is always ontop of any issues in our hotel. Being open 7days a week with an average 75% occupancy rate, sometimes things may happened the preventative maintance just would catch. It's how we handle the situation that counts. I'm glad to hear both maintance and the front desk addressed your needs right away. To ensure future guests don't have the same experience new ac units are being installed in to prevent this issue from continuing.
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed for one night before taking plane at Buffalo Airport. The hotel is right across the airport on a quieter street (comparing Genesee St.) and with the Park-n-Fly package it allows up to 2 weeks of parking in BUF long term parking lot B. It is well lighted and paved. I felt safe with rows of parking spots designated only for Sleep Inn customers.

At the time of check in we were asked to give the time of our flight so the shuttle could come on time. It arrived right on time in the next morning. We checked out at 4:30 AM and breakfast was ready in dining area; that saved me money for not having to get breakfast at the airport.

The best part of parking at BUF long term parking lot is that they provide courtesy battery boost and other auto service. They saved me hundreds of dollars for boosting my car for free.

I highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronow
sleepinnny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this site. We appreciate you passing this information on to future guests. An additional comment I have for you, is that our park & fly service is getting even better! Along with our 24 hr service; we have just purchased a 12 person bus to increase the number of guests we can accomodate on a single trip. This van also comes with a wheelchair lift! This should reduce any wait times for large groups wanting to travel all together!
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We always stay here the night before flying out of Buffalo Airport. Up to 2 weeks parking is included, as well as a continental breakfast. You get a shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel is clean and well maintained (many upgrades going on) and the staff are polite and knowledgeable. They will ask you what time your flight is, and tell you what time your shuttle will leave. There will not be a problem with seating this way. The night before your flight, Sleep Inn will escort you in your car to the designated parking area at the airport. When you have returned from your trip, just use the curtesy phone at the airport to call Sleep Inn, and they will be right over to pick you up at the designated area (just outside baggage claim) We waited 3 minutes for the shuttle. It would cost me more to park my car in Toronto for a week, than the cost of one night at Sleep Inn including complimentary parking for up to 2 weeks. The only thing I should mention, is that you will hear planes flying over head, and people arriving late or leaving early for their trips which is to be expected. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Pringles1000
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay! The staff works hard everyday greeting the multiple guests that come and go everyday. It's true that an airport hotel is more challenging to work at because of our responsiblity to ensure each guest reaches the airport in time of their morning flight. This service is taken seriously by all; it's also the reason why we're the only hotel in the area starting breakfast at 4:30am. We cater to the early morning traveler.
Minden, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We have stayed here twice when we had early flights the next morning. We have found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast in the morning is great. The rooms are clean and just what we need for our stay. The shuttle was very nice to have. It ran every 15 minutes to the airport. We booked a time at the front desk to leave in the morning and the shuttle was on time. When we returned we waited only about 15 minutes again to be picked up from the airport and taken to our van. Will stay here again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank teed43
sleepinnny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
Thank you for commenting about your stay. Park & fly is the most popular package for the Sleep Inn. To accomodate for this high demand, we offer a 2nd van to accomodate busy weekends. This upcoming weekend happens to be one of those times, Canadian Spring Break. While expedia reservations don't include the extending parking, you can make the arrangement at the hotel for an additional fee. Oh, I can't forget about the breakfast, to the best of our knowledge we are the only hotel that offers breakfast starting at 4am or by our first morning shuttle.
Reviewed December 29, 2009

My wife and I decided to grab a hotel close to the Buffalo airport as we had a 6am flight the next morning. Upon arrival, the front desk staff were polite, efficient, and had the welcome 'banter' down pat. When it came to long term parking, I was told to take our bags to the room and then come back out to the lobby where a shuttle would lead me to the long term lot and bring me back to the hotel. I waited directly out front for over 15 minutes. I went in and politely asked how much longer, and I was told a few more minutes. The shuttle then came in, didn't stop and kept on going. After another 10 minutes, I went back in and asked what was going on. The front desk staff look surprised that I was still there and they apologized and told me the shuttle would be right back. After 30 minutes, I was still sitting there. With my patience having reached its limit, I went back in one more time. They assured me the shuttle was on its way. I told them I would wait 5 more minutes. And.....5 minutes later, nothing. I considered a 35 minute wait for a shuttle at 11 o'clock at night unacceptable. I told them that I was going to leave my vehicle in the hotel parking lot and then they had the audacity to threaten to tow my vehicle. Needless to say, things escalated from there. Finally, another one of the front staff came out from behind the counter, apologized again and showed me where I could park my vehicle in the hotel parking lot and assured me that it would be fine, which it was. Upon return, we met up with another family also staying at the Sleep Inn. They called before we did, and they were told the shuttle was on its way. To be safe, we called to and were told the same thing. You guessed it, a half hour later, we were all still standing there........

The rooms were nothing special, but for what you're paying, you wouldn't expect too much. The beds however were very small. The only good thing about the hotel is the cost effectiveness and convenience of the long term parking. However, taking into account the inconvenience of the shuttle, next time I'll be checking in somewhere else....

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank boatngolfguy
sleepinnny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2009
Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay. Park & fly is of popular demand at the Sleep Inn. We park over 500 vehichles a month this keeps our shuttle is continuously working day & night. During the winter season weather or helping guest clear their cars can slow the shuttle down. It is never our intention to mislead any guest. It’s apparent your out going experience resulted in a miscommunication which is unacceptable and has been addressed to our staff. They are willing working on ensuring this doesn’t happen again.