“Worst hotel experience ever”

Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We crossed the border for a early flight and decided to stay at this hotel as they have the park and fly deal which I have reserved using my AMEX.
Extended family was travelling with us and had a separate room which they paid as soon as they got at the hotel with a Visa Card.
After the trip I checked my statement and there was a charge for both rooms. After many calls and a confirmation from one of the hotel workers that there was indeed a double charge, they keep trying to convince us that it was only an authorization which is not correct as I just paid interested on it. It was charged in the card.
Funny that the manager never bothers to speak to us in the phone and keep letting their incompetent staff giving us the run around.
So a CC dispute was filled so I can get the money back.
I also want to mention that the day we arrived, our room was disgusting. There was hairs all over the bed and a very gross blood stain in the middle of the bed. We called down and they said it would take another 30 minutes to be able to send someone to clean and asked if we wanted to go down to pick new linens. wow!
After a second call they decided to give us a clean room.
Terrible establishment.

Room Tip: Don't touch it with a 10 foot pole!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cristiano S
Sleepinn_ny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Management and staff of the Sleep Inn & Suites would like to apologize for an inconvenience to the transaction that has been made on this guest Card . After further review the Authorization that has been held against guest Credit Card was done by their own Bank and held by their own Bank.
Communication part was never broken down , every time when guest called to express their concern about the issue with their Bank statement Manager on duty was helping and answering questions. One of the Manager suggested to the guest to have their Bank call Sleep Inn Management directly to confirm that the charged that they see on their own on-line Banking it's Authorization that has been held again by their own Bank.

Also after further review with the Staff of the Sleep Inn this particular guest has never brought to our attention the condition of the room but in their statement guest had expressed that had to be moved to the different room. After further investigation that never had happened and complain was never received during their stay.

I as a manager of the Sleep Inn & Suites sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and the way the guest Bank operates , but unfortunately this is out our hands . As far as second complain that was made about the room condition and staff I wish the guest would bring it to my attention before they leave so we would have a chance to fix the issue and make sure they had pleasant stay.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have stayed here several times. Whenever we fly anywhere, we stay here because the park n fly option is such a great value. The staff has always been very accommodating and friendly. One particular time, our flight got in well after midnight. We used the reverse park n fly so when I called for a shuttle pickup to the hotel, they arrived to pick us up within 5 minutes. The drivers are always friendly as the rest of the staff. On a different occasion, I was unable to find a room online, called the hotel direct and they were able to shift things around to accommodate me. There was an error on my bill, had to speak with a manager, who was not in. She did call me and corrected it right away though. Breakfast is very good, nice selection, enough seating. Rooms are average for this price range. Would definitely recommend this for anyone.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for staying with us and we are glad your stay was pleasent. I hope we can see you soon here at Sleep Inn .

Thank you again we do appriciate your feedback at all time.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We chose the Sleep Inn and Suites and their Park, Sleep, Fly package. The hotel was clean and well appointed. The staff were all helpful and friendly. Considering it is right in front of the airport, it was very quiet for sleeping. The shuttle service both to and from the airport was excellent and we were pleased to not have to wait as long as other hotel shuttle passengers at the airport. We would definitely use this hotel and service again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much choosing our Hotel to stay with us we do appreciate the Business!

Thank you for feedback , your opinion and suggestion are always valuable to us!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel is convenient to the Buffalo Airport,provides a free shuttle service a good free breakfast. For use of the park and fly option is the only hotel I could find that provides enough days for parking for vacation. Staff were very friendly and helpful fresh cookies on check in nice touch. We had two rooms booked and had free upgrade to suites as a courtesy for membership in loyalty program. The negatives were rooms could have been a little cleaner, the luggage cart broke, and we had six people in our group only small van was available for transport to airport so two trips were needed.
Would I stay there again absolutely.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Sleepinn_ny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for all of your gracious comments about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our new and improved breakfast with hot items. I apologize for our shuttle the night that you stayed, we now have a brand new Sleep Inn and Suites shuttle with our logo and leaves design all over it so it's more noticeable at the airport upon pickup. I hope that you do return to us next time that you're in Buffalo.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have always booked this hotel prior to going on vacation, but never reviewed it and should have. The kids mentioned they love going to this hotel as they enjoy the cookies at the front when you check in. It is the small things people enjoy. Never a problem at check in or check out, very smooth sailing. When taking advantage of the park and fly they tell you what time to come down at to park your vehicle and a shuttle vehicle takes you to the lot across the street and than takes you back to the inn. The rooms are quite comfortable for the short amount of time we were there each time. Staff are friendly, and although we usually stay just before vacationing it is always smooth. Wake up calls are scheduled and the shuttle is ready to take you to the airport when you are ready.

Room Tip: Any room we have had over the years have been clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel on here. I am glad that your past stays have all been pleasant with us. I'm happy to see you enjoy the cookies at night and prompt times of our shuttle in the morning. I hope that you return to our hotel next time that you're in Buffalo.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Night staff was wonderful helping us to correct an error with our reservation (we needed 2 rooms, but only 1 had been reserved) when we arrived at almost 1am after a long drive through the snow. I had called ahead to confirm everything with the clerk earlier in the evening. I appreciated how upbeat & courteous they were even that late at night. Rooms were exactly what we needed & very clean. Breakfast was provided and had the typical items plus a few extras: 3 different toppings for the waffles and the waffles were made as 4 minis so nice to split for the kids. We had no noise issues though the parking lot appeared fairly full and we were on 1st floor. Thank you - will recommend & would stay again.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms were 2 queens in 1 and 1 king in other. Perfect for families.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Sleepinn_ny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

I am glad that you had such a great stay here with us. We pride ourselves in our staff, and I am glad that you had such a great experience with them! I am so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and found it so accommodating. We will see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We thought it was an ok place to stay for 1 night, before flying out of the Buffalo Airport. The paper thin walls, accompanied by the noise in the next room, resulted us in asking for a room switch (we had been there less than 20 min). Front desk said that if the room was not re-sellable, we couldn't switch. Luckily, we did. We would have left, otherwise. Upon returning, the shuttle picked us up at the airport, to return to our car. The man (who had also been the front desk worker that didn't want to allow us to change rooms) loaded our bags, got in the front seat, and asked us (5 ladies!!!!) to get out and shut the shuttle van doors.
Enough said.

Room Tip: Spend the extra to get a better hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

I am sorry that you did not find our hotel accommodating to your needs. We do appreciate the fact that you stayed with us, I hope that you come back and give us another chance.