“Quiet Stay, Average Breakfast, Accommodating Staff”

Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Buxton, North Dakota
“Quiet Stay, Average Breakfast, Accommodating Staff”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at the Sleep Inn while on business travel two weeks ago (early Sept, 2012). This hotel is literally across the street from the airport and just about a mile from the main entrance. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly upon arrival. The breakfast was average but started at 4:30am which was awesome because I had a very early morning flight. I wish more hotels that catered to air travelers would open their breakfast earlier in the morning. The one down side is the pillows. Im really picky on my pillows and these are like many hotels that do not hold their shape. After two minutes of sleeping on them, they become pancakes. Other than that, I would definitely stay here again when I have to commute through Buffalo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sleepinn_ny609, Front Desk Coordinator at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Our hotel is always attempting to be more accommodating to guests. This is a big reason why we start our breakfast at 4:30 am because we know that we have many early fliers out of Buffalo. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate that you took time to comment about us. I hope that you come back and stay at our hotel next time that you're in Buffalo on business.

Front Desk Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Michigan
Reviewed September 20, 2012

we stayed here twice in the last week on our way out to the East coast and on our way back. The hotel is very easy to get to off of 90. Very cute rooms, really like the setup how the fridge, microwave, desk and storage are all built together. Staff was very friendly each time we were there - gave us a great recommendation for local pizza. The breakfast that is included was well laid out - waffles were very good. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank luvlighthousesMI
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoy the new room setup of each room having a fridge, microwave, and flat screen television. We are always happy to recommend a favorite local restaurant of ours in Buffalo, so if you're looking for a place to eat that is different our staff is always happy to accommodate to you. We hope to see you next time that you're in Buffalo!

Austin
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I found this hotel very clean and the room was sort of an art deco feel. The staff was very helpful with the shuttle to the airport.

The front desk also helped me find affordable transportation to Niagara Falls. There is a bus but that would have taken 2 hours. Taxis were expensive. Use a shuttle bus that picks up at the visitor center. It is about $18 dollars one way.

The room was so clean. The shower was in a curved part of the room. Made the room feel way more expensive than it was.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. We are glad that you liked our new renovations to the room. Our renovations are new as of May 2012. When you come back to Buffalo we hope that you come and stay with us again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Now THIS is exactly what I look for in a hotel! A few nights before my stay, I gave the hotel a call to request if a friend can stay with me in my room - they told me that was absolutely fine, and put a note in the system (other hotels wouldn't let me do this!). I arrived at the airport, and instantly a shuttle picked me up, and a very nice woman picked up my heavy bag and put it on the bus for me (felt a bit sorry for her!!). Got to the room and it was absolutely phenomenal; spacious, double beds, a fridge, wifi, the biggest cubicle shower EVER and a TV! The next morning the hotel staff kindly allowed us to keep our heavy bags (at least 5 of them!) in a storage room at the hotel ALL DAY whilst we went to the Niagara Falls, and of course, a kind lady dropped us at our appropriate bus stop. To top the stay off, the hotel called a cab for us. My trip to the States was ten weeks long, and this was by far the nicest accommodation I stayed in. Just wish I have an excuse to stay here again sometime soon!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank RobbieDuv
Sleepinn_ny609, Front Desk Coordinator at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I would like to thank you for your enthusiastic response to your stay with us. We appreciate every word of it, and hope that if you ever end up in Buffalo again, that you will come and stay with us!

Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2012

One of the better fly and park hotels we've stayed in for a family of 5 for a reasonable amount. Clean quiet and a fair size room. The pull out couch is not the most comfortable. The breakfast was good and the shuttle service was very fast both ways. One advice that I would give is to make sure you absolutely don't loose your parking ticket, otherwise you will be paying to get out of the long term parking lot where the hotel lets you park your car.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ckpianodude
Sleepinn_ny609, Front Desk Coordinator at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I am glad that you enjoyed our park and fly package. We are the only hotel who will park you in airport parking, which is located across the street, where it is secure and monitored by both us, and airport parking. We do urge you not to lose your validated parking ticket, because we cannot replace it if you do. I hope that next time that you come back to our hotel and stay with us again for any of your park and fly needs.

Amanda
London, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed as a family of 5 for 1 night while on a shopping trip to Walden Galleria and Darien Lake Amusement Park. Overall the location is great, the rooms have been completely renovated and are clean, comfortable and affordable. The included breakfast was just as good as those at the Hampton Inns that we usually stay at. We decided on this hotel based on the rate and were pleasantly surprised. Most of the hotels in the area are over $150 for just 2 beds but we were able to get a double bedded room plus a pull out sofa for $120. The room was huge and very comfortable for 5 people. We will definitely stay at this hotel in the future on our trips to the Buffalo area. The only thing that is missing is a swimming pool as my kids love to swim. There is a hot tub but no pool. Also would like to add that the staff members were all very friendly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are coming back to go shopping we do offer a shopping package at the hotel, and remember that our rates do vary depending on the time of year, and on weekend days. Thank you for your nice review and I hope that you do come back and stay with us again next time that you're in town.
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family recently stayed 2 nights at the Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport. We stayed here on a trip to Niagara Falls, which is a short trip on the I-90 from the hotel. Although we did not fly, this hotel is a convenient base for flights in Buffalo, and is also near a Denny's for breakfast. Shopping at the Walden Galleria is but 15 minutes away. Check-in went smooth, and we were treated like VIPs the entire time. We asked to upgrade to a sweet, and we were upgraded with no cost. (We booked the hotel with Choice Hotels Points). Onto the rooms, the rooms were large with a flatscreen television and a spacious bathroom. We were greeted with lovely photographs and pictures on the wall. After our stay was over, we were saddened to leave this great property. If we return to the Buffalo-Niagara area on the American side, we will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the kind words and thoughts that you have about our hotel. I am glad that our staff here treated you and your family like VIP's for your entire stay, and I hope that next time that you're in town that you will come and stay with us.