Millennium Buffalo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,266 results
All reviewsgreat ratenice poolniagara fallspark and flytwigsshuttlewalmarthighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Even with the low price I paid for it through Hotwire, I still feel like I got ripped off. I came with low expectations having read the reviews, but descriptions alone can't describe how uncomfortable I felt during the stay. The sheets and shams were clean enough, but they were yellow with age, had a few brown stains on them, and smelled funny. On the wall around the headboard, there were little blood stains, which scared me, since I thought there'd be bed bugs. (Slept there for two nights and didn't end up with bed bugs, so I'll reserve judgment there.) The bed itself wasn't exactly comfortable but isn't as rock-hard as other reviewers described. I had a decent-enough sleep here.

The rest of the room was just as miserable. The carpet was worn and emitted a faint odor, and the bathroom was tiny with a yellowish shower. Towels were thin and child-size. The coffee machine had so much grime and dirt in it that we didn't even bother washing it out. The frame on the A/C vent hanging overhead actually fell off during our stay and luckily didn't end up killing anyone in the process. We complained to the front desk and were given a free breakfast voucher and they sent a guy to fix it within 2 hours.

The rest of the hotel was only slightly better. I thought the pool looked fantastic online, but was disappointing in person. The shallow end is tiny and crowded with children, nothing like the picture online. Another gripe is that their free wifi is so unreliable and so slow that I didn't even bother using the Internet.

The good thing about the hotel is that it is right next to the Galleria Mall which was huge and practically a tourist attraction in itself. Still, I would not come back here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kationnn
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Went down to Buffalo to do some shopping with my brother and his wife. We were looking for a central place to say that wasn't too expensive and I was able to get a room at the Millennium for $50 USD through Priceline. I agree with some reviews, this hotel has seen better days - everything seemed worn out around the edges and in need of a good paint job - but for the price we paid I cannot complain, it's across the street from Walden Galleria and about 20 minutes to the outlet mall on Military Rd.

The staff were friendly enough, and the room itself wasn't bad (it just took awhile for the AC to kick in to get rid of the humidity). I had asked for two double beds the moment the reservation went through online (on August 6) and then again when I called them on our arrival date (August 9), both times they said "no problem" but when we arrived I was told that we were getting one king bed with jacuzzi - WTF?! Of course the hotel was sold out for the night, but thankfully someone had just checked in before us but refused their room so we were able to take their two queen-sized beds. The room was fairly large and it had an exterior door to the courtyard.

Be aware, this hotel is 3 stars for its amenities (pool, gym, room service, restaurant in lobby) but it's not new by any means (probably built in the 70s) and could use some updating. If you can get a good deal on the room rate then go for it, but if you have to pay full price then you're probably going to be disappointed (the day we went, the rooms were going for $105/night).

Happy travels!

Reviewed August 9, 2010

Millennium Hotel's website describes its worldwide hotels as follows: "Four star deluxe and five star properties situated in premier locations. They offer travelers comfortable, stylish and interesting surroundings, which are sympathetic to the regional character of their geographical location. The hotels offer impeccable facilities and standards of service. "

Without a shadow of a doubt, this description does not come close to describing the Millennium Buffalo Hotel. It is a very tired looking facility, inside and out, greatly in need of renovation in both the public areas and the guest rooms. The guest rooms are also very noisy, perhaps due to the very large gaps that exist between the bottom of the doors and the floor. Also, when I attempted to check out at 5:30 am, I could not find anyone to check me out, so I left my keys and departed, having paid my bill in advance.

Many others have commented on Trip Advisor about this hotel. Even with its bargain rates (and even better bargains on Priceline), it is a great disappointment as a "3-star" hotel, let alone the myth that it could be a 4-star or 5-star hotel.

While it met our meager needs (a place to bed down for 7 hours while waiting for a flight in the morning), and it was fairly close to the Buffalo Airport (though it takes at least 10 minutes by car or shuttle), it was still much less than I was expecting as a 3-star hotel.

Not sure why Millennium still allows this place to bear its name.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The pictures on the web looked pretty nice, and rooms looked pretty good . when we got there we found rooms extremely old, carpet dirty, beds so uncomfortable that even the kids could not sleep on them. Shower did not work properly . Stained chair in room, hallway carpets looked old and dirty, pool area ok but very dated and overall impression of hotel not cleaned very well.
Hallways smelt of smoke even though no smoking hotel.
Would not recommend staying at this hotel.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

The first impression was actually a good one. The front desk staff was friendly and the check in process was quick and easy. Then it all went down hill from there. When you walk up to the room and you are greeted by an all metal door that needs to be painted along with its frame, you know you are in for a treat. The room was clean but that was about it. When I walked into the bathroom, I felt like I was at my grandmothers house. The quilted and buttoned headboards in the room gave the same feel.

The amenities were scant at best. No hair dryer, no ironing board, no safe, no breakfast, not even enough towels and the towels that were there were small, thin and scratchy. The beds were obvioiusly towards the end of their useful life. The thermostat in the room didn't work and the TV gave basic cable unless you wanted to pay more money for "on demand" programming.

Definitely not what I would expect for $159 or for half that money, for that matter.

STAY AWAY! I'm sure Buffalo has much better to offer.