“Paper thin walls.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Toronto
“Paper thin walls.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I just returned from an overnight at Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo. We were in Buffalo for rest, relaxation and shopping. We booked this hotel strictly for the room rate of $79US which included outdoor parking and a $10US food credit; offered to Canadians at par to compensate for our poor dollar. We found nothing that would encourage us to return. Our king room (Room 309) was in need of an update, i.e. saggy mattress, stains on carpet, chipped furniture and a leaky showerhead that sprayed water on the ceiling above the shower (strange). We had a room that adjoined another by way of a bolted interior door. We heard every word said by the occupants of the adjoining room. We had placed a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door before retiring only to be awoken by a 8:30 am knock on the door from a staff member announcing that she was there to clean the room. When I checked, the Do Not Disturb sign was still in place. We also heard every knock and call she made up and down the hall. On our way out of the hotel, we were reprimanded by another employee of the hotel claiming that we were walking through an area cordoned off for an event. When my husband explained that we were unaware of the event and stipulation, she bellowed that we should have read the sign. What sign? We had planned to use the $10US food credit given to us with our room rate, to have breakfast in one of their restaurants. After the reprimand, we were sufficiently peeved and decided to dine elsewhere. We will not stay at this hotel again, regardless of the rate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Hebrew first
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

King size bed,free wifi,updated hotel nice restaurant.The staff booked the room quickly and recommend shopping at the Galleria.There was shuttle from hotel to airport,7 minutes away.Fax machine and printer are available.We will stay there again for park and fly.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Only good thing about this hotel is location. Staff was not very knowledgeable or helpful.....definitely in need of updates, food is by far over priced for the quality that was served.
Apparently I had an updated room and I must say it was not what I would expect for an updated room, first word that comes to my mind when I opened the room door was it looked dirty. good luck finding a parking spot and then I walked the entire hotel to get to my room as per the direction given to me from the girl at the front desk. NOT IMPRESSED!!

Room Tip: From what I saw there are no good rooms, choose a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Cheektowaga hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Average hotel. Needs updating. Bar staff very friendly. Ok for a park stay fly hotel. Check in was no problem. You have to leave your car keys with the front desk if you are flying somewhere. This was a bit uncomfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beachfinder66
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Well it's no hampton inn but it's
1/3 of the price. Outdated but ok for our purpose of catching a few hours sleep before our flight. Not as bad as some reviewers make it out to be. Check in was easy, staff friendly close to border closer to airport

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

It is a hotel and convenient if you plan on shopping all day at the galleria and then eating and drinking and not getting a cab.

To call this a three star hotel in an insult to Hampton Inns, Holiday Inn Expresses, Marriotts and any brand name that is rated three star.

Buffalo does not have four star hotels, so I know what to expect. The Hyatt downtown is nice and there are certainly many decent hotels when staying overnight.

Stupidly I took advantage of a Hot Deal on Hotwire and booked a 3 star in Buffalo (the highest rated is 3.5 stars). So expected a passable hotel and got this.

They used to have $100 for $100 deal where you got $100 to spend on food or drink, which is a decent deal.

The hotel is 40 years old (maybe older) and look every day it's age. Dirty, stained worn carpets, old furniture, mold...... The mattresses old and lumpy (amazingly I slept okay), ugly old covers..... I guess I should be impressed that at least it was a flat screen TV.....

Look I have nothing against the hotel, just the idea that any review site or rating board could give this hotel 3 stars is beyond me and I felt taken advantage of by Hotwire.

Don't take anyone you want to impress there.....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Anthony327
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

My stay at this hotel was absolutely horrible. I will never be staying here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. When my husband and I arrived on Jan. 25, 2014 we checked in with no problem, the staff at the front was very nice. We had driven in early morning from Canada and wanted to rest, we went to the bed and noticed the top comforter/blanket had stains on it. We called front desk to ask for a new blanket. 30 mins later no one came, so we called down again. 10 minutes later a lady from house keeping came with the wrong blanket, she brought the bottom layer instead. We asked for a new top layer she left with ours and said she would be right back. 1 hour later no one had returned with a blanket, mean while we are both tired and hoping to rest. We called down to front desk 3-5 more times with no resolution. My husband went down to speak with front desk and they assured us someone would be up within 5-10mins because the blanket was being washed. How they did not have a new blanket I do not know. 30 mins later I myself went down and asked for something to be done. I asked for the manager but no one was there. I said we need something to be done or for a new room or anything at all otherwise we will need a new hotel and would like to leave. It was 3 hours later at this point, 3 hours wasted with no sleep. We got a new room down the hall. The new room was fine except the remote for the tv did not work and the bathroom was missing some amenities. At this point we were fed up and did not ask for anything else, because we did not need it and did not want to wait for 3-4 hours to actually get what we asked for. I had asked for the manager to be informed of the situation and to contact me. No one did, nor did anyone have anything to say when I checked out. Had I been asked how my stay was when I checked out I would have said. This was the worst stay I have ever had in a hotel in my life. The hotel staff should be fired. I could not believe no one from management bothered to call me or apologize or do anything to compensate for our troubles at the hotel. Management and hotel staff need to get their act together. Worst ever! Do not stay! Plenty of other places in the area, even with the cheap price tag for the hotel, so not worth it. Pay a bit extra and have a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Pick a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rp_1986_Toronto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Home2 Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport/Galleria Mall
Aloft Buffalo Airport
#4 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall
Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga North East

Been to Millennium Buffalo? Share your experiences!