“Awful!”
Review of Millennium Buffalo

Millennium Buffalo
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Location is good, close to shopping, stadium etc. This hotel has seen it's better days, understand it used to be a 4 points sheraton. There are traces of nice things albeit it rundown now. The rooms were awful, there were drop ceilings, awful painted brick and a lot of poor carpentry. The bathroom looked dirty, the bathtub grey and we just forfeited showers as we were only there one night for a Leafs game at Buffalo's lovely new arena. The furniture was shabby like it was purchased from second-hand shops, the bedding looked hitched and old. It was not a restful night as I was worried that there might be more nasty surprises in store for us....luckily there wasn't. The staff was neither unfriendly or terribly friendly....prefer never to stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't know....not sure if there is any good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen_SB6344FF

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Beautiful Hotel, Friendly & helpful staff, Great rates for Canadians some include breakfast, the beds were very comfy, crystal clear, clean pool. enjoyable breakfast. The hotel is under renovations but will not effect your stay. Is walking distance to the Galleria Mall. This was our 2nd stay at this hotel & we both have referred family & friends. Neither of us would hesitate in booking & staying their on our next trip to Buffalo. Enjoy & remember to bring your swimsuit. : )

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I read about the hotel quiet afraid what I will gone trough but actually it's not that bad. room quiet old but nothing broke.U get what U pay.the best thing is location right next to Walden Galleria.stay 2 nights b4 go to niagara.so don't be panic like me to stay here. service is not bad

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My daughter had a conference in Buffalo and needed a convenient place to stay that wasn't too far from the Convention Center. I decided to join my daughter for the evening so we would have a chance to visit. The location of the Millennium is very handy - it's right next door to the Galleria Mall and the hotel provides a shuttle even though it really is in walking distance. I had found a cheaper price online through Expedia but wanted to book directly. Not only did they meet Expedia's price, they also gave us coupons for free breakfasts the next morning. The food was good.
The room itself was okay and the two beds very comfy. Keep in mind that we're not talking the Ritz here but for our brief stay it was more than adequate. The staff were all very pleasant - quick check-in and check out.
I really liked the location of this hotel and if the occasion should arise again, I would not hesitate to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed for 1 night as I had an early morning flight. It is convenient for shopping and airport. Restaurants nearby. Nothing impressive. Nothing extraordinary. All I can say is it was just an okay stay. Free parking and free wifi. I would stay again if it is a brief one-night visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let me preface by stating I am not a picky traveler but I do expect the room to be clean. I booked two nights over the hotel website and upgraded to a 'superior' room. What a joke their website is and this hotel is completely lacking any customer service or management. The room was sticky and dingy and very outdated. As other reviews state there IS MOLD in the avocado green tiles in the shower. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk (there was no manage on duty) they told me I was mistaken, the grout was falling out from between the tiles. They did not compensate or find me a different room. REALLY, then fix the grout. I went back to the room and saw MOLD. nothing some bleach would not help...
We arrived late so stayed the night and checked out the next morning. I paid $190 for one night and that did not even include breakfast. I also sent an email via the hotel website to complain and did not even get a courtesy response. Buyer Beware on this hotel!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
1  Thank SunnyDay028
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here because of a Priceline.com bid. If you are looking for a 3 star in the airport area, this is what you'll get if you use Priceline. If you are looking for a real 3 star property and are booking direct, don't choose this property.

Here's what I told Priceline customer service:

"It's a one time 3 or 4 star that's now a 2 star. I realize that you and all of your competitors show it as 3, but it is not. When I told the clerk checking us out about two problems, I don't think she did a thing:

1. The vent cover in the bathroom ceiling fell off the ceiling and is now on the floor. The view into the open hole is gross.
2. The bedspread has holes and recent stains and needs to be washed.

We also saw these problems:

Bugs (large beetle came at us as we entered the room)
Black mold in the bathroom, shower and ceilings in the entry way
Old furniture that needs refurbishment
The counter that holds the bathroom sink is wearing away
The bed pillows are OLD and flat, the bed is cheap and stiff
The pool is green on the bottom and needs to be cleaned or repainted
Every room door around us, as it opened and closed could be heard
The bathroom door wouldn't close unless you forced it shut"

The staff was nice-- which is the only reason I'm not rating this at a 1.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
1  Thank JoeSetta