“Close to Walden Galleria”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Millennium Buffalo

Millennium Buffalo
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Caledon, Canada
“Close to Walden Galleria”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Hotel was easy to find and good location for our shopping trip to the Walden Galleria. Hotel is a bit dated and we stayed on the 8th floor where we thought we were getting a refurbished room. The bedroom portion was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was still very dated but clean.

Good stay for our purposes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Hebrew first
oakville ontario,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Have done the park and fly a several hotels in Buffalo, and the millennium, comes out on top every time.......you pay a little extra, but it is a lovely hotel to stay in and rooms are lovely, spacious and clean.
Would recommend this hotel an time

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christina47
Lansing
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our stay at the Millennium in Buffalo was less than impressive. The hotel is just worn and tattered. Everything from the grounds and parking lot being shaggy and unswept to the door of the room being hard to open due to being worn and slightly damaged. The complimentary breakfast was offered in the travelers club area where there are no tables to sit at. So you find yourself trying to eat at a coffee table, sitting on a worn couch, very uncomfortable. Also, while there are new digital flat panel tvs in the room, the club has a very old projection tv.....I didn't think any of those worked anymore.....like being in a museum. The food was very tasty and made fresh. The view from our room is through a very filthy window in front of a ledge that has what looks like large rodent droppings. After reading other reviews, we consider ourselves lucky to be on the 6th floor....but don't know if I could get the door open due to it being worn out, in case of a fire.

Room Tip: Probably look at some other hotels in the area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MIOldLady

Travelers are raving about these Cheektowaga hotels

Midwest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Greetings from another Priceline victim: I bid on a 3* Buffalo Airport location and got the Millennium Airport Hotel. I have used Priceline for YEARS and this is one of the rare times a hotel doesn't meet my expectation for star level.

Sorry guys...you can't slap a pool and a restaurant on a 1-2* hotel and expect people to consider it a 3*. As many before me have mentioned this hotel has 1-2* quality rooms. I've had better quality in a Motel 6 or Super 8. The furniture is nicked up and worn, there is a big stain on the seat of the armchair (yes, like a skidmark, ewww), and believe it or not there is a hole MELTED in the top of the ancient tube TV that is covered in black duct tape (classy repair job folks!). The bathroom sink is cracked and stained, there is mold in the grouting around the tub, the drop ceiling is stained and sagging, etc. Thankfully based on other guest reviews it would appear I have it good...at least the carpet, walls, and linens seem pretty clean and semi-new. Why they updated these and not the rest of the room is beyond me. It's like slapping lipstick on a pig.

Worst of all, the walls are PAPER THIN! Either that, or the world's heaviest toddler is running around upstairs and the world's loudest baby is in the room next door. This morning the neighbor's mobile phone alarm went off, and I actually got up and walked across the room to where my was plugged to turn it off before I realized it wasn't even mine! Thanks for the 6 a.m. wakeup I didn't want Millennium!

I took a look around the pool area and it seems very nice, the lobby makes this place seem upscale, but these luxuries are quickly forgotten once you are in your 1* room. As I said, if I were rating this as a 1* hotel it would get a great rating, and a 2* would be between average and very good, but this room just isn't 3* material. It needs a massive renovation, not just a quick touchup if it wants to be a 3*.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank irishred77
Woodstock, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was thoroughly disgusted with my room. I have stayed in hostels and campsites that glowed in comparison. I went for a night with my 7 year old daughter. The lobby was OK but, I booked the poolside/courtside room because the Millennium site said they were the most popular. The corridor to the room had a smell that made me sick to my stomach plus the doors were filthy and really difficult to open. There were bars lined up in the hall way (waiting for a wedding I guess). The bathroom was awful. The light switch was black, and there was mold all over the tub. I wore my flip-flops in the shower. It was so disgusting I seriously considered not showering. The door to the courtyard didn't open and I laid in bed worrying if there was a fire, we only have one exit. Also, the pool had so much chlorine that I had to go to Target and get eye drops because my daughter could barely open her eyes after swimming. YUCK! The worst part for me was that I wrote the company online and rated the hotel with no response. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE!!!

Room Tip: do not get a courtyard room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank lisa b
Bowmanville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed one night prior to flying out on vacation. I picked this hotel because of a long term parking deal that I found. The hotel is showing definite signs of wear, is not overly clean and would benefit a make-over. Our room included a complimentary breakfast and as the saying goes 'you get what you pay for'. The restaurant was crowded, the staff were stressed, our food was cold, overall not a great experience.

The parking and shuttle service offered were a highlight however. Our vehicle was safe and sound after an extended vacation. The shuttle arrived promptly within 10 minutes of phoning for pick-up and the drivers were courteous and professional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Terrible! First floor by pool had mold on ceiling, poor air conditioning, dirty bathroom, worn out tub and sink, moldy looking gunk around bathroom floor, dirty carpets, musty smell! Also there was no fridge, lack of additional pillows. Water did not drain properly from sink and tub. Moved rooms 3 times and ended up with double beds and a brick wall as a view. I never write reviews but our experience was very poor. I agree with other comments! This hotel should be ashamed of themselves!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jlgOntario
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Home2 Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport/Galleria Mall
Adam's Mark Buffalo
#10 of 25 in Buffalo
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,746 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga North East

Been to Millennium Buffalo? Share your experiences!