“Decent but not great”
Review of Millennium Buffalo

Millennium Buffalo
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed March 12, 2013

we had an early flight out of buffalo so decided to stay at the Millenium due to the rate and location to the airport. we did not take advantage of the park and stay package as i am not leaving my car keys with anyone let alone a hotel clerk. the hotel is clean a bit dated but not bad, the staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was well appointed and comfortable, the only complaint that we had was the walls were paper thin, i was amazed that my 8 month old baby was even able to sleep due to the people beside us having a conversation. now when i say thin it was not a muffled voice that could not be made out, it was crystal clear we could hear every word of their insanly awkward small talk very late into the night. i will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: stay away from the 6th floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel needs a major upgrade. I stayed here for one night during my buffalo shopping adventure with my husband, and was disgusted at how filthy the rooms are. When you drive up the first thing you will notice is that this hotel is dated and needs a reno, which is fine I can live with that. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and helpful, but seemed very young. As we start walking towards the elevators all you could smell is the chlorine from the pool, we get upstairs and into our room and at first glance seems okay. I go into the bathroom and the horror begins, the inside of the sink is full off surface cracks which have become full of grime and bacteria and the tap is so old is has completely lost its chrome finish and is just dull and gray with rust stains all around the base. The shower is just as bad, with mold all around the edges and the floor of the shower was a dark gray colour it obviously needs to be replaced. I was so disgusted that I didn't even take a shower.As I went out into the room I decided to look out the window but the windows were so filthy that I could hardly see the view. I then went to sit on the bed and noticed that there was a pistachio on the carpet, a souvenir left by a previous guest. I would not recommend this hotel and for the price I was expecting more.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank buffshopper
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked an overnight stay to spend some time doing some shopping. Got a great rate using their "Canadian Guest" offer online. I have stayed at this hotel maybe 4 times over the past few years and keep going back because of the location (walking distance to the Galleria and restaurants).
Of all my stays, this one was maybe my least favourite. We arrived at about 7pm to check in, were given our swipe cards and room number and were told "walk that way and follow the numbers". Thinking we had stayed at the hotel before...didn't seem like it would be too hard to find the room so off we went...wrong assumption! When you get past the pool area the rooms signs directing you to the proper corridors are not especially well marked so..we wandered around for a bit (carrying numerous bags). Finally gave up and went back to the front desk to get better directions. Not the end of the world but kind of a pain! Our room was on the 1st floor and about as far from the lobby as you could get...it was fine, clean...a bit more rundown that other rooms I've stayed in. Granted we did check in later in the day, had booked on a discounted rate and the hotel seemed very full...so that could be why we ended up there. My only real issue with the room itself was it has a door going outside that we got a very cold draft from. Also it snowed overnight and whoever shovels for the hotel kept ramming right into our door, very early in the morning (which made it sound like someone was trying to get in...rather a terrifying "wake up call" for 2 women on their own. I know they have to clear the snow...just seemed excessively loud.
This hotel has a great pool area (didn't get to use it this time) and a good bar/restaurant area as well (didn't use them this time either!)
Despite this not being the BEST experience I still do like this hotel and would probably stay here for the right price again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank melmo1
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed one night at their standard double-bed room with my wife. The front desk staff is very friendly and offered us the room at 5th floor. The room is huge and surprisingly clean.
The furniture is very simple and old fashion, but with such great price; no complaint at all.
The location of the hotel is excellent, which is just across with Walden Galleria Mall, and only one traffic light to i90 highway.
Many great restaurants are nearby and it is also quite near to the airport.
With such good price (through Hotwire), I definitely will select this hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Raymond A
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I haven't stayed here in a few years but after finding a great rate on line I booked it. This is a nice hotel, all the amenities you need, The room I was in is a little dated but still immaculate. The location is great, right near lots of restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jim1011
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our family was heading on a vacation and needed to stay at a hotel where we could leave our vehicles and be shuttled to and from the airport. We decided upon the Millennium and were NOT disappointed. The fast and efficient staff checked us in quickly and our oh-so-cozy adjoining rooms had all the amenities expected with comfy beds and clean, clean, clean. The children in the group loved the pool and the adults appreciated the special attention given us in the dining room on the premises. There was lots to choose from on the menu for young and old alike and the service was excellent. Our shuttle was awaiting us when we came down in the morning and upon our return, we only had to wait less than 5 minutes at the airport when the shuttle was there to pick us up. Back at the hotel, they had already moved our vehicles out front so all we had to do was grab our keys and get on our way. We would all absolutely stay at this hotel again (there were 10 of us in our party).

Room Tip: just let the front desk know the night before, when you want the shuttle ready for you and voila...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LandAirSea
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed in a King suite. Booked via Hotwire and got a great deal. The room was clean but dated. Wall paper was stained, tub was stained. However the room bed were clean. Service was great. Again you get what you pay for, so no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple