“Great Place”
Review of Millennium Buffalo

Millennium Buffalo
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We came with a group of people. Usually we hear complaints from someone but everyone enjoyed this place. For the price it was great! Location for us was perfect. Millennium had everything we needed and more. Yes, some of it could be remodeled but this place was even better than we had expected.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room on the bottom floor near the pool. I liked how the bedroom had a step down.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FISHYQ
Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night while shopping in Buffalo. This place online seemed like a good place. the Price was exactly in my range...but then again you "get what you pay for" But at the end of the day the room was clean, the in room fridge didn't keep my drinks cold, and my boyfriend and I were a little hesitant to take showers because the shower wasn't exactly in the best shape. Spending one night here was alright...anything more then that might not be a great thing.

But the Hotel staff were very nice. From check-in to check-out. very nice people who helped out when I needed anything. that I did appreciate.

1  Thank rae2161
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have stayed several times at the Millennium, while either spending some time in Buffalo or flying away on a holiday. It’s an older hotel, but still well maintained and there is an indoor pool that is covered by a retractable roof.

There are two distinct sections in the hotel. (i) The tower, which is the farther away from the pool and (ii) the lower level, which has indoor patios or balconies actually facing the pool. We had a lower level second floor balcony overlooking the pool, which was great for relaxing, reading an enjoying a drink in a nice warm atmosphere. If you are looking for peace and quiet though, you should probably opt for the tower section, as the pool area can be very active with families.
We’ve always had a “standard” room with king sized bad, but you may upgrade to “superior” and “suite” rooms. The rooms (and bathrooms) we've had weren’t what I’d describe as luxurious or fancy and are far from being new, but have always been very clean upon arrival. For travellers using the Buffalo airport, you can receive a special airport package that includes up to 15 days complementary parking and no charge shuttle service to and from the airport. On our latest stay, we weren’t using the airport, so we chose a package that included free breakfast vouchers at Waldens restaurant, which is right off the main hotel lobby. Check-in/out was efficient and courteous.

Overall, we’ve found our stays at the Millenium to be good and we’ll definitely return.

Room Tip: If you are looking for peace and quiet, you should probably opt for the tower section, as the pool a...
2  Thank Tom D
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been to Millenium Hotel a few times over the last two years and are never disappointed. The customer service is top notch, right from booking, front desk to house keeping. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are spotless! We love the courtyard area after a long day of shopping sitting on the balcony over looking the pool is great. I would strongly recommend this hotel and for fellow Canadians there is a great Canadian traveler rate available online.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Leebaby95
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I Pricelined this hotel and was really disappointed. Based on the description from the property website I expected a hotel in much better shape. The lobby smelled funny when we checked in - kind of like sweat. Then they didn't fulfill one of my requests for a room - I had emailed and phoned right after I made the reservation to request a king room in the tower (high floor) without an adjoining room door. Wound up with a double room, first floor, with adjoining door. Kind of noisy, really horrible mattresses, stains on the bedspreads. If I hadn't been so tired I would have driven back to Rochester. My husband said it was a palace compared to the La Quinta Airport in the same area that he stayed at in December. It was really odd - there were two entry doors to the hotel - one from the inside and one from the parking lot, which is way more motel like. I never feel safe with those type of properties which is why I don't stay at them. It was not at all clear that you might wind up with a door opening to the parking lot. And boy does it need an update - the furniture was very old french provincial style - probably from the 60s. Won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room without a door to the parking lot and no connecting door. It gets very loud.
1  Thank Audrey L
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have stayed there a couple of times and it was just OK. It needs updating but the price was reasonable. My last visit was in January as I was using the Buffalo airport. I entered the room and both lamps were on and I though oh that was nice, but I had a hard time shutting them off and so did the cleaning people so that is why the were prob left on. I was tired as I arrived late but refused to turn on the tv as the remote was so dirty with brown stuff on it from never having been cleaned. I did not bother calling front desk and went to bed. All of the pillows were the same, not soft, medium and harder like other hotels. They did provide free shuttle service to and from the airport which was nice. In summary, I found that the hotel needs updating, broken lamps that hardly turn off, dust in corner from lack of vacuming and dirty remote. I was glad to leave. Next Time I will pay a little more and stay at a better hotel as there is lots of choice near the hotel which is only 5 minutes away. i would avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rob P
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just left tis hotel and now waiting in Buffalo Airport.

We checked in mid-afternoon, with no waiting at all. This is a no smoking hotel, which although being a smoker I don't mind, as it's easy enough to go outside. When I asked, the gentleman at the front desk them gave me a ground floor room that also opened outside.

We found the room to be clean, although a little dated. I haven't seen faux brick on a wall in quite a while. E TV had a reasonable amount of channels and received well. There was free wireless Internet that worked well. The shower had ample water pressure and hot water.

Not flying out 'til 4 PM, and there was no problem arranging a late check-out. Ere is a free shuttle to the airport.

All in all for a short stay we were happy with the hotel and service.

1  Thank GaryGToronto