Millennium Buffalo
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed December 30, 2012

my girlfriend & i stayed at this hotel because hampton inn across the street was overbooked after seeing the trans siberian concert at first niagra arena on thurs. dec.27th. & we wanted to shop at galleria mall & eat at cheesecake factory resteraunt for lunch. anyways, it was hard to find a parking spot at 11pm anywhere in the millenniums parking lot because of all the airport long term cars & all the snow!. it was a long walk from the front desk to find the elevator. we stayed in room 805 in the tower which is a superior king bed room, the bed was comfy for a good sleep but thats about all i can say good about the room... first: the heating control on the wall didnt work well & when turned up to 75 degrees it still felt like 55 degrees in the room. the decor of the room was outdated & had a painted white brick wall that was really cold & we also had a white cement or brick ceiling, its no wonder the room was so cold & damp feeling... the 2nd annoying feature: no power outlets on either side of bed to plug our cell phones in, i had to plug my phone into outlet 10ft away next to t.v. by the desk. they had an outlet next to the window but it was too far away to reach from bed. bathroom was decent but had a door stop screwed to the tile floor in front of the bathtub that stoped the bathroom door, but you could stub your toe on it getting out of tub/shower combo... the hotel resteraunt closes early, so we went to tgi fridays down the street at 11.30pm, had a great dinner & got back to room at 1am. & asleep by 2am... this is when we encountered the 3rd annoying feature of the hotel: the maids are knocking at your door by 9am to see if you are awake or checked out so they can clean, when they know checkout time is 11am... when checking out, the front desk staff never asked how our stay was & didnt give me a receipt with final balance until i asked for one.

Room Tip: request the rooms higher up in tower or just wait till spring of 2013 when renovations are being don...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ed k
Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Dated rooms, insufficient parking, plastic cups in the bathroom, rude staff. This place was described as a 3-star but is nothing of the sort, Holiday Inn Express is a far better value and experience. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: to get a good room, pick another hotel.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Simply put, this hotel is dated. No question about it.

My stay was for one night, December 25 to 26. Driving into the parking lot, the first thing I noticed is that there were TONS of cars from Ontario (Ontario plates). It was difficult to find a parking space. Some cars had snow on them, meaning that they have not been moved in at least a day as it snowed the previous night. I thought that this meant the hotel was fully booked with Canadian shoppers ready to pick at Boxing Day / after Christmas deals at the Galleria.

I eventually figured out that the Millennium is an "airport" hotel...meaning that people will park their cars here to go to the airport and fly (out of BUF) to their destinations. First point here is that parking is not that easy during high travel times like Christmas and possibly March Break.

The walk into the hotel (without a room key) meant that you needed to walk to the front door, which faces Walden Ave. I did not find a parking space close to the front door, so I had to walk all the way around the building to get in. All the side entrances are room key access. My suggestion is to check in before you find a parking spot so you can get in through the side door. Or just unload at the front door first.

I booked my room through Priceline. The guy at the front desk said, "You booked online, right?" I answered "yes" and didn't think anything of it. He gave me a room on the first floor. The room was quite dated in that the walls were red-brick faced. The TV was still a flat screen tube TV and the bedding pattern seemed like it was from the 80's. I also noticed that there was no heat. The thermostat was set to 83°F, but the room temperature was nowhere near 70° (it felt cool even with my jacket on). I pressed the temperature button all the way to 90°F and the fan to HI, but no sound came out of the heating ducts.

I went back to the front desk and told the guy who checked us in that there is no heat in the room. He offered to have a maintenance person to "fix" it. I went back and forth a few times before I pushed for a different room. He hesitated, but switched me to a second floor room in the end. That room was night and day from the first floor. It had a Samsung LCD with a small, yet more stylish mirror above the desk. The walls were not brick faced and the bedding was on par with other hotels of the current era. Of course, the heat worked too.

I would suspect (I have no proof of this though) that the front desk is possibly asked to give these poorer quality rooms to people have not paid regular hotel rates. If you do get a dated room, I would suggest you try and switch over to a room that has been (more) recently renovated.

I kind of understand why there are such varied reviews of this place now. There are actually different quality of rooms here.

Room Tip: Seek to get a "renovated" room
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I booked this hotel on Hotwire who claimed on other sites it would cost $145.00.
It is in desperate need of a renovation. Great location if you want to shop at Galleria but only stay here if you can get a great deal. The front desk staff was anything but welcoming.
The bartender Derek made up for the rest of the staff. He was great,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Millennium_Buf, Manager at Millennium Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments. We are just starting to renovate the hotel and should be completed with the rooms by summer. I am sorry the front desk staff was unwelcoming. Along with our renovation, at the start of the year, we made management changes to improve the atmosphere and provide better service to our guests. I will be sure to pass along the positive comments to Derek. I hope the next time you are in Buffalo, you check out our specials and packages so you are able to receive another great deal.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The rooms by the courtyard give you that tropical feeling. You can sit outside of your room and enjoy the surroundings with a cool drink or snacks. The rooms are very clean and the bed was comfortable. My family stayed here after a family wedding in the courtyard and everyone thought it was great.The staff was very helpful with accommodations for rooms. The banquet staff were great and everyone had everything they needed.I would recommend this for a vacation getaway, great for families and couples. The indoor pool is in the tropical courtyard.Also great for banquets. Great place to go without going far. also great for travelers because of the proximity to shopping and sightseeing.Niagara Falls is only 1/2 hour away via N.Y.S. thruway.
Galleria Mall is next door and many plazas and restaurants close by also movie theaters.
Great location, price, and service. Have a Great night or two.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your positive comments and the recommendation. The courtyard is our most unique feature at the property, so I am extremely pleased you were able to enjoy it. Next time you are looking to book an event or just looking for a local getaway, I hope you keep us in mind.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

staying over at a hotel near the airport is usually an exerience simply to be endured. This place was a wonderful shock. The staff was incredibly polite and helpful to the last person: front desk, room service and particularly the shuttle guys were all very nice, full of information and willing to share it. The rooms were very quiet, very clean and surprisingly nice for the bargain price. I would actually come back here just to stay!

The room service food was extremely reasonable, good and fast and I was shocked that at an airport hotel, I didn't hear any jets. I have read some other reviews since staying there and I don't know if they stayed at a different hotel, but it doesn't even sound like the same place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments. I am glad you had a positive experience at the hotel. Next time you are traveling to Buffalo, check out our website or call our reservations department to book one of the great packages and specials that run year round. One of our popular deals is our food and beverage package that includes $100 to spend in our restaurant, lounge, or room service.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my (adult) family for a shopping weekend away. I have never had a worse sleep in my life.
Airplanes fly overhead starting at 5 am, and unlike many other airport hotels, there is no sound-proofing and you hear every plane, loudly enough that I thought there was a snowplough or construction outside the window all morning.
You can hear drunk people down the hallway, but that's not unusual for an old hotel.
The fan in our room, which we used to try to down out the noise, clicked all night long.

Next, the beds are creeky, making noise and shaking every time you move. For couples, it wakes up the person next to you every time you turn. Which is a lot, because it's so noisy and you're struggling to get some sleep.
You could tell there was updates going on, so the bedroom was redecorated but the bathroom was old with yellow tile and a nasty-looking tub.
Our TV was an old heavy thing with a blurry picture - we wanted to rent a movie but we didn't want to pay the $13 for a movie we could barely see.
When we complained to the front desk they said that they would "take it into consideration"... they didn't make any effort to repair the situation.
I picked the hotel because of the location to the Galleria, but honestly, I'd stay at the Holiday Inn down the street in a heartbeat, which I know to be quiet (not to mention cheaper).

Room Tip: Sleep alone! With Earplugs!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments. I am sorry your stay was noisy. We will begin renovation of the entire hotel soon and will be completed by the summer. I am extremely sorry you received poor service from the front desk upon check out also. At the start of the year we underwent a management change in the hopes to improve our service standards at the hotel. I hope our prime location and the changes made at the hotel, will allow you to give us a second chance next time you travel to Buffalo.

If I can help you in anyway, please let me know.