“Hotel/Dinner deal? What a scam”
Review of Millennium Buffalo

Millennium Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife wanted to hit the outlet mall in Buffalo again, so I shopped for one night stay and found their $135 with $100 meal/drink package attractive. There were some reviews here on this deal, the impression I got was it was okay for the bucks, so I went for it.
The goal of this review is to tell you about my mistake and hope to steer you away from this deal, you are much better off spending your hard-earned money on a decent hotel and dine at any fast food chain restaurant.
The hotel and the room were very dated, I would skipped the details because it was pretty much in line with all other reviews you found here. I wouldn't picked this hotel without the meal deal anyway, my logic was if I could get a decent meal out of it, the hotel cost was about $35, so you get what you pay for right? Boy, was I naive!
We got upgraded to a suite without even asking - when I booked online, I was prompted that for an extra $7, we were eligible to upgrade to premium rooms if available. I told my wife I was pretty savvy on saving that $7 during check-in, which I regretted very much ever since.
First, their main restaurant was closed from Sunday to Thursday, I wasn't aware of that when I booked, so the dinner was served at the bar. How bad could it be I thought, the food should came from the same kitchen right? Wrong again.
Below was my blow-by-blow analysis of our dinning experience:
French onion soup: $6.90 - Campbell's soup quality
Souvlaki beef salad $12.25 - basically dry and bland beef on lettuce leaves with shred of carrots and cabbages
Lobster pasta $22 and Grilled chicken pasta $18 - frozen TV dinner quality (no exaggeration here) overly microwaved and the 'cream sauce' was kind of caked over the pasta...
The atmosphere was pathetic, only one or two tables were occupied, I thought the lights were dimmed on purpose; so that the unkempt surroundings; the wore-out carpet, the remnant of food on tables and on ground, were not that in-your-face kind of obvious.
The waitress, yes only one, was oblivion, the bartender was talking to the only customer, which I doubted was a genuine customer, could be a staff just off his shift, or a local just hanging out...
I saw a couple came in, looked around, and walked out. My wife gave me a look, yes my dear I know by now, I was the biggest jerk.
And surprisingly, the main restaurant was opened for breakfast next morning; the coffee, the toast, the egg, the bacon, and the sausages were all good, so the kitchen actually had the ability to produce something decent...
My conclusion was simply, we were scammed!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dadclass
Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I "won" this hotel on a Priceline bid. I was not happy when I read the reviews and thought that it was going to be BAD. But we were surprised! The room was actually fine. It was large with two very comfortable queen beds. The bathroom was clean and nothing amiss. I kept looking for problems because of all the terrible reviews - but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was right off the indoor pool - so again I thought that noise would be a problem. But the pool area shut down around 10pm and everything got very quiet - and stayed quiet all night.

The location is great! It is right next to the big mall which has plenty of restaurant choices. The only hassle we faced was finding a parking place in the motel parking lot. The place is packed with Canadian shoppers who spend the night.

We did not use any of the facilities...just walked to our room, left to eat and returned that evening. So I cannot comment on any other aspects or facilities. For the price we paid, I felt we got a clean comfortable room and a good night's sleep.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I gave this a one because you cannot give less!

My daughter was an incoming freshman at UB but we live 9 to 10 hours by car, so we flew. we arrived at the hotel at about 11:30 PM the night before we moved her into her dorm. The parking lot was full - which was a good sign...or so I thought.

Check-in was easy and pleasant, the lobby was nice. Well, finding our room was another story altogether. Luckily there was a staff member that eventually led us to a part of the hotel that I swore was a Section 8 motel! Filthy dingy halls all the way to our room.

Opened the door to the room and it went down-hill from there! I don't think the room was actually cleaned for quite some time. The staff didn't bother to put nice bedding on the beds - they just threw some wrinkled old bedspreads on! It was late, all we needed was a place to sleep before the big move-in so we sucked it up and washed up for bed. Tried to find outlets to recharge our phones...nope. We had to unplug a lamp and use the plug next to the bed and guess what we found??? A meatball!! We weren't hungry though, so I got some toilet paper and picked it up to flush down the toilet...ugh!!

Gadgets plugged in we went to bathroom to wash-up. YUCK!! cigarette burns on the vanity area, old, cracked sink with fixtures that appeared to be unchanged since the '60s! Forget the amenities - a couple bars of Ivory soap and some unnamed shampoo. Luckily we had lots of our own to use!

Off to bed...we had a big day ahead of us!! The bed linens had to be bottom of the line quality; scratchy, thin and generally uncomfortable. OK, we can live with this...all we need is a place to sleep, right?? Well, this floor was motel-like in that there was a door to the outside. The people outside were making so much noise that I called the front desk on them twice. The noise didn't stop so I got my clothes on and went outside...there was no one out there, but the noise was still incessant. It had to be coming from the room above us!! I called again and explained but the front desk told me there was nothing they could od - so I asked to be moved. Supposedly the place was sold-out and there were no other rooms! So, I told them I knew my rights and they had to move me to another hotel (can you imagine that it is now about 1:00 AM and it is SO BAD that I want to go to another hotel!). The staff said that "that is not their policy." I asked to talk to a Manager - there was none on premises!!!! I screamed at the offending noise-makers on and off for hours!

We left before 7:00 in the morning only to find that our vehicle had been "keyed"!!!

I cannot believe that Millenium allows this "hotel" to use their name. Stay away from this place - even if you have to sleep in your car. Seriously. THE WORST EVER!

Later that afternoon my daughter developed bites that appeared to be bed-bug bites! And to think, I thought this was a flea-bag motel...ugh, yuck, eww!!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank RLTF
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I travelled here with a friend and my family just to do some shopping for a weekend (we're from Canada). Since we were aiming at going to Walden Galleria (next to the hotel) and Burlington Coat Facotry (across the street), it seemed like the perfect vacation to book. We had never been here before and I had heard mixed reviews and I now know why.

The hotel itself really is in a great location...close to malls, stores (like Target and Walmart), as well as many restaurants. It has ample space so even though there were weddings going on at the hotel and guests from the wedding staying there, there was more than enough room for parking (and it was free).

Check-in was very quick and easy. No problems there. However, it was a little different once we entered the room. The room was dark and the furniture was dated. We had booked a Superior room which was supposed to have more of the "modern" looking furniture, but the room itself looked more like the Standard room that was pictured on the website. I noticed right away that the room was also not very clean. On the lamp, there was a spider web with quite a bit of dust on it which, to me, indicated that it had been there a while and no one bothered to clean it. There was leftover pasta on the floor from a previous guest that was never cleaned off...and it wasn't in a spot that was hidden, so I'm assuming whoever is cleaning the room should have seen it. There was dust on the ledges of the window and on the sides of the carpet near the walls. I definitely wasn't too impressed with that. The beds were ok and the bedding was alright.

The bathroom was probably the best part of the room. It was actually clean all around. The toiletries they provided didn't look so great to me so I didn't even bother trying them. There were enough towels and counter space for our toiletries that we brought so that was ok.

I visited the pool area but never went into the pool. It's a nice area and the pool is an ok size...seemed a bit small for the size of the room the pool was in...seems like they could expand it a bit. My husband and baby went into the pool and had a good time. There is a shallow and deep end that's specifically marked. My husband was saying that at first, the temperature of the pool was good but he noticed that as night came, the pool got very cold so they weren't in it for too long.

For what we paid for the hotel, and the purposes we were there, the Millenium was ok to stay at. We really used it as more of a place to sleep for the night and organize our shopping bags. For longer stays, I don't think I'd recommend this hotel. There are a couple of hotels not far from this one that have a higher quality for longer stays.

3  Thank LesKW
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at Millenium airport hotel at buffalo for 2 nights. The rooms were good, the airport transfer arranged by the hotel was also good. What was terrible was the breakfast and the staff covering the dining area. I was a part of a conducted tour, hence had a fixed menu for breakfast. Thats alright, but what was shocking was that when I asked for ketchup satchet for my hash brown potatoes, the staff rudely said,-- ''You cant have any ketchup as you are allowed only 1 drink''. Now tell me how come a ketchup satchet count towards 'a drink'. I asked for jam satchet for my toast at the start of the breakfast. By the time the waiter got me the jam satchet, my breakfast was finished. And I can tell you I am a slow eater, and it took me 10-15 minutes to finish whatever I was served. I am a vegetarian and dont have pork sausages. So I asked for a vegetarian alternative. I was told there is none. I asked for some tomatoes or mushrooms instead. They initially refused, and then on my insistence served me TWO small mushrooms! On the 2nd day of my stay, the potates served were stale and rotten, the scambled eggs served were made with only 1 egg (instead of 2 which we were supposed to be served as per our fixed menu), and the breakfast served was cold, including the water for the tea. So what can I say folks..... decide for yourself if you wanna stay here. If you do, skip the breakfast area.

2  Thank docds
Reviewed October 1, 2012

we stayed there for one night and had two double beds, had a room facing JC Penny on the second floor.
the location was excellent for the purpose of our trip, however the hotel was under my standards. I read a few other review's here about the Hotel prior to booking and thought it would serve the purpose.

1) I found the hotel to be very outdated and it had this weird smell to it
2) The room was a good size, however I felt very uncomfortable walking around without shoes on at all times - it wasn't very clean (my white socks weren't white when I left)
3) the toilet didn't flush properly, my friend had to play around with it to get it to work every time
4) when we lifted the covers to get into bed, my bed sheets had hair in them, which totally grossed me out - when we called to complain we were told that's not possible because the bed sheets are changed after each guest... evidently they were not
5) the remote control was filthy, like someone had spilled something on it and no one ever cleaned it
6) the washrooms were okay, but after finding everything else wrong, it wasn't comfortable to use.
7) our room was located right across the staff service room/closet that every little while in the morning we would hearing a slamming of the door and barely got to sleep in
8) the complimentary breakfast was good - no complaints there

I definitely would not return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hm86
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were here for just a day, but really liked the duplex rooms, the morning sunrise view from our wndow was just awsome,and we had a K-mart just across the road.We had requested for early checkin but we could not get it.The breakfast included was just ok,
But I will definately stay there again and recomend this hotel

Room Tip: Duplex rooms on higher floor facing east for early wakers, as sunrise view is breathtaking......
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family