“Neat room and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Dallas, Texas
“Neat room and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 10, 2006

We were at this hotel this past weekend. Rooms were neat, as clean as you can expect a hotel room to be, unlike your own home. They had housekeeping for the both days that we stayed there. It was just outside the airport , but we were fast asleep to be bothered by any night flights outside our window.
We paid $79 for a night and since the rates were so low, we were not allowed to cancel reservations.

They have printouts for directions to the niagara falls, which helped us a lot in finding our way easily.
There is no breakfast facility in the morning, but a restaurant within the building , which we never went to. There is a gas station right in front of the hotel, with exorbitant gas prices.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lassohio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2006

Were a bit leary as we find Holiday Inn is really hit or miss but took a chance @ $48 on Hotwire for a Saturday night stay. Would stay again. Staff was super friendly and helpful. For an older property it was very well kept. However, I think a 3 star should have an indoor pool (had an outdoor) and a computer with internet access in the lobby? Does have a indoor whirlpool and the typical exercise room. Always stay away from Max's American Grill @ Holiday Inn. The staff were VERY friendly but Max's food always stinks. Hopefully we learned that finally. Wouldn't pay rack rates, but if you can get a deal, go for it! We stupidly forgot our digital camera in our room after we left and the staff were extremely helpful in getting it back to us when we called back. There was a retirement party that night in one of the meeting rooms with a great oldies band and the kids enjoyed dancing to Dad's kind of music!

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank CdnOsFan
Reviewed November 15, 2005

I would not recommend this hotel...ever! What I would like to say is if you have a problem, the management will refuse to help. He actually hung up on me! I tried to explain my situation and he would not even listen. I want everyone to know that there is a real problem with the management of this hotel. I am not picky or demanding and it comes as quite a shock to me to be treated with such disrespect.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank ploza

Travelers are raving about these Cheektowaga hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2005

I basically couldn't wait to leave this hotel.

The whole time I was there I kept thinking "this is a hotel?" ... I would rename it to the Holiday Inn Motel. This would be a much better description of it.

The service was not very good. The rooms were kind of clean, though went I went to go to sleep I noticed the sheets were put on inside out ... what did this mean? that they just flipped then from the last person sleeping in the bed? it really creeped me out.

The breakfast that I ordered for room service (though on time) was cold and bland. How hard is it to make scrambled eggs?

The only way I would stay at this hotel would be if ALL the rest of the hotels were booked up.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank saphireinto
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2005

Stayed one night weekend of 5/14. Room was spacious and clean. Luckily, didn't have alot of luggage, as our room was on the second floor and there are no elevators. Was very satisfied with room.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank pebb
Portland
Reviewed May 8, 2005

April 29. I got this hotel on priceline for $45 for one night. It was fine. Clean, etc. There was a large wedding party staying there and hallways were noisy with kids and adults (from the wedding) running up and down, occuping about 6 rooms together.

I was hoping for an internet terminal in the lobby. no such luck. Pool closed. Restaurant food was just so-so, and expensive. For a 3* hotel, I guess I was hoping for something more from a high-end chain like Holiday Inn. Contential Bkfst perhaps?

I was in Buffalo for Niagra Falls. Had I known there were several hotels at Niagra Falls I would have stayed there instead. Niagra Falls is about a 30-minute drive from Buffalo.

For $45 this Holiday Inn was fine. For $179 (posted rack rate) - I'd be angry.

- Chris in Portland

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank chris4633
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2004

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights October 16th and 17th while attending a Bills game. We had adjoining rooms which were very clean and spacious.
Free shuttle service within 5-10 miles.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Purchased this hotel thru Priceline for $50.00 per night and was a steal.
Also has an excellent bar located on the main floor.
Highly recommend this hotel.