“Great place!”

Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed November 9, 2008

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights. We were in town for the NY Jets vs. Buffalo Bills game.

ROOM- Normal size room, with really comfortable beds.

BATHROOM- Small, but clean my only issue was the shower head was not powerful enough. However the water was very hot, and there was plenty of it.

BAR- The bar in the hotel was great! Nice sized bar with lots of choices of beer, and flat panel televisions. We did not eat there, but it was crowded at dinner time, so it must be good.

AREA- The location was right next to the airport. I was suprised that it was so quiet with the planes taking off? The surrounding area is totally safe. Within a 3 mile drive you have every store, and Restaurant you could think off.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport

Reviewed September 30, 2008

I stayed at Holiday Inn for 5 days in September 2008 during a business trip to Buffalo. The hotel exceeded my expectations. Check-in was easy. The room was comfortable and clean. Before I arrived, I had a concern about noise from airport but it was not a problem at all. The runway that is next to the hotel was used mostly by small planes. The bigger runway is far away, hidden by airport constructions and landscape, so there were almost no disturbance from the planes. There was no noise from neighboring rooms either. The only noise that I noticed was coming from the parking lot (starting cars, talking people etc). Bathroom was clean and towels were perfectly fresh. Hotel staff did the job well so there was no need to contact them. Actually I talked to them only once at check-in, that's it, and this is the way it should be in a good hotel. The hotel's restaurant was unbelievably overpriced. They do not provide a free breakfast. A simple breakfast could easily cost more than 10 dollars and waiting time was always too long. I did not like waitresses that served breakfast (I was 5 times there for breakfast and every time something was not right). The water at dinner time was OK. Dinner could end up at around $30 unless you select a burger for $7 (that was the only cheap selection; all other entries ware above $20 or so). If you are a frequent hotel user, they may give you $6 coupons per each day of staying. I used them every morning so my total for breakfast never went over $5. There is a Denny's restaurant (very good) next door and Olympics restaurant (below average but very cheap) across the road. If you want to buy some soda, don't buy it from the hotel. It was $1.75 per small bottle while a huge 2 litter bottle at a gas station right next to the hotel was only 99 cents. In general, this hotel is very good overall and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2008

The room was clean and comfortable. I have no complaint for the price. But I was disappointed that my iPod was stolen from my bag. When I found out i called the hotel management they really did not care. Beware of the thieves.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I stayed here one night in August at the end of a 10 day trip into Ontario, Canada. My husband, I and our two children stayed as we had a 6 a.m. flight in the morning and I didn't want to worry about being delayed due to border crossing times. We checked in around 6 p.m. and grabbed a luggage cart from the lobby to bring in our bags. Once we loaded them all, we were advised that although the hotel is two stories, there are no elevators. So we had to push the cart through the parking lot to the closest door to our room and drag the bags up. Not the end of the world, but not a great start. I took the kids to the pool. It was large, but old (no steps to get in) and not well maintained. The children were too cold and complained that the water was dirty. We called it an early night at 9 pm, but never got any sleep as we were placed just outside the ice/vending machine, the door from the exterior to our level was not hinged properly and slammed as people came in and out all night. Late arrivals were noted until about 2 a.m. and were quite loud. Understanding that the hotel has little control over people with no manners, they should certainly insure they aren't gathering in crowds outside the building. On the second floor I could here an entire racing teams conversations. The hotel is very old and outdated (though clean) and reminded me of the motels from my childhood when there was no insulation at all. I will stay at one of the Hilton chains or perhaps the newer Holiday Inn Express next time. It was a waste to stay here ($150) as I slept only 2 hours before I had to travel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2008

We stayed one night here at the end of our trip to Niagara Falls and the Muskokas - we wanted something close to the airport as we had an early morning flight out of Buffalo. The hotel was full of kids' sports teams, but other than a small amount of noise, we weren't bothered by this. We did get a phone call at midnight that the staff blamed on kids fooling around on the phones. The hotel was a very typical Holiday Inn, ie: the shower was pathetic and the room was boring, but overall the place was clean, the staff was friendly and shuttle service to the airport was great because they are right next door. The hotel restaurant was surprisingly good; my BBQ'd ribs were tasty and my husband said his steak was delicious. I'd stay here again - very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I thought this hotel was very nice. Our room was excellent; the location is great, literally 2 minutes from airport check in. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, and a Denny’s and gas station steps away. Room came with a refrigerator and a fold out couch. Overall I was very impressed.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn airport for the Easter weekend.
We decided to go to the galleria mall for some shopping and found the hotel to be a five minute drive to the mall. Upon check in we received coupons for discounts at the hotel resturant Max.
We are priority club members and this was a perk. My sisters
family joined us and they accomadated ajoining rooms.
We found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be very friendly.
The hotel wasn't at capacity but part of the hotel was closed
for renovations. We saw no signs of that. The resturant max was
good food. We even ordered in room service and was happy.The buffalo airport is across the street. We did hear planes early in the morning but didnt bother us we are early risers. If you like to
sleep in this might not be the hotel for you. We were happy and will be back

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family