Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice!”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had a very nice room with a comfy bed. The bathroom was clean. The hallways were clean. I honestly cannot complain about this hotel. Of course it is not at 5 star hotel, but for the price we paid we were very happy with what we got.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aga2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We got 3 rooms on the 2nd floor for 2 nights, for a family trip to Darien Lake. Hotel rooms were was clean, comfortable (but a bit small) beds. The restaurant inside the hotel was good as well, all 11 of us (7 adults and 4 kids) ate for about $140, including beer. There was an outdoor pool that was very clean and warm as well as a hot tub. The only complaint was that I couldn't pick up the internet in my room, I had to take my computer into the lobby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ajs2467
Toronto, ON
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We booked this hotel throu Priceline 65.00 - amazing deal ! I was affraid to get Millenium Hotel again -but we were very lucky. Very Clean, great service, close to Walden Galleria (2 min drive), airport, other main HWYs, etc. Very happy we stayed there. Would recommend to everyone !!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sono1helen
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The rooms are ok (although the toilets could use some cleaning under the rims), the corridors and stairs are very dirty, the carpet is badly stained and looks like it has not seen a vacuum for days.
The restaurant owned by the hotel is terrible. We encountered rude waiters, were told off for seating ourselves (there was a "Seat yourself" sign at the door), and ignored us in favour of two large parties. We got our burger free since it took them so long to serve us and they did not have the soup that we ordered. We took the food to the room, and when we opened it, it was a major surprise. The fries and burger looked like they were cooked hours before, and the pickle slice had a part bitten off and very distinct tooth marks on it. I took the food back to the "nice" waitress who gave it to us.
Overall, a very disappointing experience, especially since I paid the full price for the room. I will never stay at this hotel again, and if you can, please avoid this horrible restaurant. There are a lot more eateries in the area with better food and better service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MomAndHer3Kids

Travelers are raving about these Cheektowaga hotels

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We checked into the Holiday Inn the night prior to leaving Buffalo. All seemed satisfactory at first. Then, I found an empty beer can in the bathroom trashcan and used soap still in the shower and none of those little toiletries they leave out. I went to the desk, explained the situation which shocked them. After asking for reassurancees that the sheets had been changed, we were moved down the hall. During our move, I noted a bag of trash left behind by the previous occupants in the first room. In the new room...the trash hadn't been emptied and it was obvious the floor hadn't been vacuumed. The bathroom was obviously serviced. When returning the keys to the first room, I took the bag of trash with me, picked up a smushed coffee cup in the hall and handed all to the front desk staff who seemed surprised and apologetic.

I heard the man at the front desk tell someone on the phone that pets are allowed with a non-refundable deposit. Great. So fleas are free for the next guests?

The restaurant on site is nice and the food very good.

I wouldn't stay at the hotel again. They only offered their apologies but no financial compensation for their poor housekeeping. Honestly, we didn't even ask for any as my huband is not one to make waves.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2011

being right next to the airport is very convenient. Having a happy hour with half price appetizers is PRICELESS> great time at the bar. VERY inexpensive worth the price of the room. location literally next to the airport, however it was quiet.

Room Tip: just go for the half price appetizers!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Not up to the standard Holiday Inn is noted for. The room noise was incredible. Pipes hummed each time you flushed the toilet, noise from other guests the two nights we stayed was unreal. Doors slammed all night long, we could hear the people next door like we were in the same room, people tried to get into our room, no security, staff hovering outside the door smoking every time we entered or left the hotel. I don't know who had the pillow top mattress but it wasn't us. We were to have a firm pillow and a soft pillow each on our king bed, we had 4 soft pillows that were very small. There were no extras at all, no small fridge either. The TV changer changed the channels so slowly you could nap between changes. On check in the manager talked so loudly to another staffer I could barely hear the girl who was giving me instructions to get to my room. All in all, not a good experience. If I wanted to stay in a cheap hotel, I could have paid a lot less.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple