“Worst hotel Ever”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
alaska
“Worst hotel Ever”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

When i checked in it took 35 minutes, and i was the only person. When i entered the room, I found the comforters to be so hard they almost scratched me. The paintings on the wall made me want to cry. Also, the TV was very small I had to sit right next to it to watch it. The door to the bathroom was broken, and i could not even feel the water in my shower. I would not advise staying here.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Not-quality I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Stillwater, MN
Reviewed August 9, 2011

On July 30th we (wife and two kids) were passing through Buffalo on our trip from Minnesota to visit my sister in Wallkill NY. Unbeknownst to us it was a three day Canadian holiday weekend so a lot of places were booked up. So under the circumstances "Quality" Inn in Buffalo had us over a barrel and must have felt they could take advantage of us and so they did. I was charged $228.49 for a very hard to find back lot room that smelled. It was a "take it or leave it" situation as by the time we got to Buffalo at 10:00pm the management indicated there weren't many alternatives in the area. I wasn't given the normal senior discount either becuase "it is a busy weekend". And to the dismay of the kids the pool was still closed (see previous review). Interesting on our return trip I booked a room at the LaQuinta outside of Chicago for Saturday 8/7 just the night before. Despite being fairly booked up like the "Quality" Inn they charged there normal Saturday fair of $113.38 including tax for two doubles and senior discount. The room was clean, the pool was open, and the Bright Side breakfast was filling.

By the way our original plans were to go to Montreal but by the time we attempted to book a room for the weekend the only things left there we pretty expensive too so we thought we'd save by going through Buffalo. Who knew that Buffalo has become a destination hotspot? In all honesty it seemed one of the more depressed places we passed through on the entire trip (including Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, etc.).

Lesson to be learned is to book early if you can and avoid the scammers. In hindsight I could have just kept driving the additional 6 hours to my sister's but the wife and kids had had enough by then and we eager for a swim.

Anyway, I'm sure management at the "Quality" knows that folks like us are not likely to return so why not "fleece the one nighters". Only problem with that logic is that folks like us take the time to write reviews to warn others of this "screw em while we can" business mentality. Oh Niagra Falls was a scenic drive but avoid Buffalo if you can!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank JustSayn_11
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 5, 2011

When we first checked into the Quality Inn, we were greeted by a stingy (to say the least) building. The first room we checked into had the toilet overflow. When we spoke with the front desk, they were very accommodating and immediately moved us to a different room. "Settled" after that little misadventure, we unpacked and got ready to relax, only to find that there was a major ant invasion on the nightstand! Needless to say, we left and checked into a different hotel nearby. The entire hotel smells like smoke and chlorine and it is very clear that they are in the midst of a major renovation. I just feel bad for all of the people stuck working there. They were extremely friendly and helpful, doing the best that they could given the Quality Inn's dismal lack of cleanliness and quality. Perhaps a name change is in order...

Room Tip: Don't go here! Simple as that.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank r3ynard
Newark, California
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The room smelled as if a person or animal had urinated in the corner of the room. The hotel staff were unhelpful & seemed not to care. The female manager was especially apathetic to the situation.

The hotel management seemed to be from a foreign country (I believe India). This specific management group seems to be running the hotel much like a slum lord would handle units that require repair (by avoiding the problem completely).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Strong7676
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My daughter and I went to Buffalo with friends to do some back to school shopping.
We arrived around 11pm and were exhausted from the long trip. As we arrived to the hotel we were notified that the pool was shout down for the weekend. Even though the staff was helpful to our concern about the pool the kids were very disappointed. We chose this hotel because of the pool, the price and how nice the rooms looked online. We were not impressed at all of the room. As soon as we walked down the hall, we were hit with an excruciating smell. The smell continued into our double-attached room and as soon we got in, we realized both floors were damp and smelt like rotten eggs and pickle juice. We realized there must be something wrong with the plumbing, so we decided to call maintenance. We were shocked to see that both phones were not working. We ended up having to go down and talk to the manager, who was friendly but did not do much to help our problem. When we got back to our room we found out the shower curtain was missing and the toilet in one room was over flowed. We decided to just go to bed and work out the problem in the morning. My daughter and her friend had a hard time sleeping because they were frightened of the fact that there might be bugs in the bed. In the morning we switched to the Residence Inn down the street and were extremely impressed. I would not stay at a Quality Inn again because the quality was terrible. This year we are staying at the Residence Inn again because we found this hotel very nice and clean.

Room Tip: Please stay at a DIFFERENT hotel!
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank SA44
toronto, ontario
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Do not stay here! This hotel is full of bedbugs stayed in two different rooms and both were infested with BEDBUGS! I was bitten all over and had to throw out everything even my luggage! Do manager denied everything! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank divaklein
QualityBuffAirport, General Manager at Quality Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
First of all, we'd like to apologize for having taken so long to respond to this review. Please be assured that since this review was posted, we have come under new management. We have worked hard to tackle this problem that we were left with by previous management, and we're proud to say that after replacing the furniture, bedding, and other amenities in the rooms, and paying special attention to cleanliness, we have had no recent problems with bedbugs. We'd be excited for you to see the positive changes we've made and we assure that you will be well taken care of should you decide to return!
Mississauga
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Its a great thing that I have a contact for a family and friends discount, because trust me this "inn" is not worth $149 a night (regular price). We arrived early and got checked in fast which was nice. We had an adjointing room which was perfect since we were traveling with family. Beds were nice (double beds) and AC was ICE cold. Showers lacked water pressure and one of the heads was not working (two headed shower). Perk is digital lock safe which you program your own code with , 27" TV, Desk and coffee maker. Ok, so get to your TITLE you must be saying. All the toiletries were more than enough and there is PLENTY of cleaning staff (here it comes).

After a nice concert at Darien Lake, we got back in the wee hours of the morning, and put the do not disturb sign on both doors (my best friend had 3 small kids in tow). I asked for a wake up call at 8:30am (breakfast is 7-10). The wake up call I got was at 9AM by housekeeping trying to access my room with the "DO NOT DISTURB SIGN ON" and same with my best friend, he had the security lock on or she would have come right in. I never did get my wake up call.

Go to breakfast with my wife and there are no seats, we had to wait and clear a table ourselves. They said that they are expanding the lobby (hence reason pool is closed, they said it was being repaired...but it has been CEMENTED over. Breakfast was OK, had better breakfast at other Quality Inns, but again I cannot complain because of the rate I paid.

Went to check out and the Asst manager on duty tells me we have already checked out. I said REALLY, because these are the keys for the room, so how have we checked out. I wanted to pay cash, so he had to reverse the transactions on my CC and that seemed to take forever. I told him about the situation with the Housekeeping and water pressure. Said he was sorry but because we already had a substantial discount on the room we would have to suck it up. Thats fine, at least the lady at the front counter was nice enough to oblige my best friends wife and call Darien Lake to inquire on the admission and hours of the park.

The set up of this inn is a litlle weird, its different pods but you can access all of them via the corridors. A PLUS it did not smell musty or smokey but DEFINETLY needs some upgrades if it hopes to compete with the Hotels beside it. A definite PLUS for those flying as the airport it literally across the street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family