“Great Experience”

Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I found this hotel online and after looking at the pictures and seeing the price I couldn't say no ... and I don't regret it. I traveled with 12 other cheerleaders and we choose to stay in one of the suites. The rooms were very nice, great size, comfortable bed (King!), jacuzzi bath tub, large bathroom and it was conjoined with our friends! The staff was beyond accomodating for us, both Bob and Pat at the front desks were great to us throughout the entire night and the breakfast the next morning was a nice touch! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we plan on staying again!
... The morning staff even sent us out with a case of water for our team for our competition that day. Thank you again Galleria Inn staff, we loved the stay!

• Stayed: February 2011
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for the Buffalo World Junior U20 Hockey Championship. We found the hotel quite comfortable for 11 nights and we enjoyed our stay. This hotel is about a 7-10 minute drive to the HSBC Arena
The price was right and the hotel was very clean. The power failed once so housekeeping was behind on the laundry that day but they worked late and got the job done. The staff at this hotel were friendly and seemed to really care about the guests.
Breakfast was above average in a nice seating area.
The only bad comments we have would be the cold hallways and the ice machine on the first floor was out of service for a couple days.
All in all for the price we paid, we have no issues. If your looking for a really fancy spot with room service, checkout downtown Buffalo but be prepared to pay big bucks!
I just wish Team Canada got the job done in the gold medal game! Congrats to team Russia.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Stayed here for the fourth time. I don't think you can beat the regular rate, the room & bathroom were very clean, the staff most helpful and the location excellent. There is an adjoining sports bar. We always ask for room 260 which is far from the front desk, but you can park you car nearby. I've never heard anyone else or had my sleep disturbed. Jessica at the front desk is a most accomodating and efficient individual. I can find nothing negative to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My wife and I selected this hotel based on its proximity to the HSBC Arena and price. We were in town to see the World Junior Hockey Championships and were generally satisfied with the hotel and room.
The hotel is no longer a Holiday Inn Express. During our stay it was called Galleria Inn & Suites but I noticed they plan to convert it to a Best Western in the near future. The complimentary breakfast was above average and the staff were pleasant. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and went out of there way to clean our room on very short notice on Dec 31. We had friends staying in our room while we returned home to see the kids for New Years Eve. Our friends arrived at about the same time I handed our door keys to the front desk so they quickly dispatched housekeeping to do our room immediately. We very much appreciate this type of service and I must say the housekeeping lady we had was very friendly.
We stayed in room 152 which is suite with a king size bed and a pull out sofa bed. We found the bed very comfortable and is definitely one of the best we have ever slept in. The mini kitchenette had a refrigerator, microwave and sink which met our needs nicely although we ate most meals out. The bath room was fairly large with a large stand up shower stall and no bath tub. We didn't mind this arrangement although some people may like a tub vs shower. During our stay, a maintenance employee asked if they could measure the bathroom vanity I assume for a planned future renovation.
I found the halls to be a little cool and the ice machine on the main floor quit working during our stay. Other than that, we had no problems.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheFireGuyandG
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Gave our room away - put us in a suite with no heat - refused to give our money back - they were very rude - I do not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2010

The staff were friendly, but I was very disappointed in the room. A non-smoking that had definitely previously been a smoking room. The walls were thin enough that I could clearly hear the conversation in the room next to me. It was clean, but I think there are other options in the area that would provide better accommodations.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank UMS
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Welcome kit consisted of two tiny bags of nibbles and bottle of water each. Having stayed at seven Holiday Inns prior to this on our current trip, this was the first to present a welcome kit!!
Good one Buffalo. All was clean, quiet, etc etc. We had a rental car so it didn't matter that we were a wee way from the main city. We had free parking which is always a plus.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#17 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Comfort Suites Buffalo
Comfort Suites Buffalo
#18 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!