“Not Bad....Stayed for 9 nights.” 3 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Galleria Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Komoka
“Not Bad....Stayed for 9 nights.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

My wife and I selected this hotel based on its proximity to the HSBC Arena and price. We were in town to see the World Junior Hockey Championships and were generally satisfied with the hotel and room.
The hotel is no longer a Holiday Inn Express. During our stay it was called Galleria Inn & Suites but I noticed they plan to convert it to a Best Western in the near future. The complimentary breakfast was above average and the staff were pleasant. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and went out of there way to clean our room on very short notice on Dec 31. We had friends staying in our room while we returned home to see the kids for New Years Eve. Our friends arrived at about the same time I handed our door keys to the front desk so they quickly dispatched housekeeping to do our room immediately. We very much appreciate this type of service and I must say the housekeeping lady we had was very friendly.
We stayed in room 152 which is suite with a king size bed and a pull out sofa bed. We found the bed very comfortable and is definitely one of the best we have ever slept in. The mini kitchenette had a refrigerator, microwave and sink which met our needs nicely although we ate most meals out. The bath room was fairly large with a large stand up shower stall and no bath tub. We didn't mind this arrangement although some people may like a tub vs shower. During our stay, a maintenance employee asked if they could measure the bathroom vanity I assume for a planned future renovation.
I found the halls to be a little cool and the ice machine on the main floor quit working during our stay. Other than that, we had no problems.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheFireGuyandG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

Gave our room away - put us in a suite with no heat - refused to give our money back - they were very rude - I do not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

The staff were friendly, but I was very disappointed in the room. A non-smoking that had definitely previously been a smoking room. The walls were thin enough that I could clearly hear the conversation in the room next to me. It was clean, but I think there are other options in the area that would provide better accommodations.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank UMS
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

Welcome kit consisted of two tiny bags of nibbles and bottle of water each. Having stayed at seven Holiday Inns prior to this on our current trip, this was the first to present a welcome kit!!
Good one Buffalo. All was clean, quiet, etc etc. We had a rental car so it didn't matter that we were a wee way from the main city. We had free parking which is always a plus.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Decent location (25 mins to Niagara, right off the interstate) and parking's included. The rooms were small, but clean. The biggest problem was that the walls are very thin and anyone talking in the next room or the corridor at even a normal tone comes through. The showers very very funky - way too powerful and the terrible design of the shower curtains led to water getting sprayed all over the bathroom floor. The front desk did not even have shower caps to provide to guests!
Given all of these, I thought it was overpriced even after buying through hotwire. (And, I'm not cheap - I typically stay at Westins / Hiltons while traveling)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

I stayed for a few days at this hote; and some of the things i heard and seen made me sick! After hearing the way staff was treated and the way the "manager" spoke to me and my husband was uncalled for. As a general manager I know how a manager should act and when I am told that it don't matter what i think or say things arent going to change there i was extremelly pissed!! Most of the staff there was wonderful but the way they are treated is uncalled for. I dont hear parents yelling at their children the way the staff was being yelled at. On top of that the rooms are small, they are extremelly clean but they need to be updated and the hotel is noisey it was very hard to sleep. When i brought up the noise factor to the housekeeper she told the front desk and then i heard the housekeepers being yelled at about the noise and it wasnt them making the noise. I will never stay at this hotel again and I really hope someone in that staff stands up to that B*#@& of a manager!

New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

Room was small but loved the firm matress and the walk in shower. For breakfast I would recommend you stay away from cooked items and stick with toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,732 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport/Galleria Mall
BEST WESTERN - On The Avenue
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Galleria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!