“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Newmarket, Canada
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for 3 nights. We came from another Best Western near the airport. We paid almost the same price for the two hotels. Although, this hotel I must say is an upgrade like it says on the name.

We arrived at this hotel around 1pm. We tried to see if they could check us in early. Front reception is nice and helpful. At first, he said there were no clean rooms at the moment since we booked a room with King Bed with bathtub. We went out to our car, right when I was about to open my car door, the cleaning lady called us to come back in. They said they just cleaned it. They gave us their large room with King bed and jacuzzi tub, which is rare. It was really really nice of them.

I noticed that some of the cleaning ladies were Filipino, that's why they were so helpful and polite. No complains there.

Breakfast was decent. They had free coffee/tea available 24 hours, although sometimes it was cold at night. Just remind the front reception and they change it instantly.

Bed was comfortable. Our room had microwave and fridge. Good size bathroom with jacuzzi (loooove it). Free wifi in your rooms and lobby. 1 of our nights the internet was down and was such a downer as we needed it so much.

Our room was located on the main floor all the way at the other end. There are extra parking space on the side close to our room which we loved. Although this side of the hallway is a little colder than the main hotel. There is a lock on that entrance as well, that can be open by your room key.

The only thing we didn't like was that these rooms are connected to each other. There are doors to connect you the next rooms both ways. We felt uncomfortable having that. We could hear our next door neighbour. The washroom had no exhaust fan, so it gets really steamy and foggy.

It was 8 mins away from Galleria Mall, Walmart, Target and restaurants. About 12 mins away from airport and 15-20 mins away from Buffalo Outlet Mall.

By the way, don't eat at the restaurant beside it, I heard only if that's the last open place on earth you should eat there.

Overall, why NOT stay here?

Room Tip: Ask for room 158 if you want jacuzzi
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
jk-jessk, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed the stay. We do only have two of the room type you mentioned; so I am pleased it worked out for you. We hope to see you the next time you are in the BUffalo, New York, area! Sincerely, Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

In the area for a Buffalo Bills game. Perfect for a travelling group, very open lobby/breakfast area. My room was a good size and was clean. Bed was comfortable with nice pillows. Breakfast bar was included. Decent selection included bagels, muffins, cereal, scrambled eggs and bacon. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Great value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We will use your comments to help us continue to improve for future guests. We hope you think of us the next time you visit the Buffalo, New York, area. Sincerely, Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My son and I stayed 6 nights while visiting Buffalo for a home Bills game. We arrived late at night and the staff was friendly and welcoming. Our room was comfortable and clean but the carpet had old stains. The bathroom was really nice and roomy. Eco friendly to me is reusing the towels for placing them off the floor. We received fresh towels and washcloths everyday even though I hung the towels up. Coming from the desert southwest where we conserve water, this seemed to me a waste of water.
The breakfast offerings were just right. My son ate eggs every morning while I enjoyed the other fare offered. The waffles were wonderful. The staff in the dining room was very patient showing the other guests how to use the waffle-maker.
I liked the close proximity to everything we did. My family lives in Cheektowaga and my best friend lives in Elma. We shopped at the Galleria and went to Niagara Falls and many places in between.
One of the things that would have been better would be to have more hangers. With the two of us wanting to hang things, there just wasn't enough. Not a big thing, though.
All in all this hotel was very comfortable to spend time in. The beds were phenomenal and very comfortable.
I will choose Best Western in the future for traveling.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
jk-jessk, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for letting me know about the towels. We do participate in the saving water program and if the towels were hung, they should not have been replaced. I will review this with Housekeeping. I apologize about the hangars. The Front Desk should have been able to get more for you. I will review with the staff where to find the extra hangars. We hope you consider staying with us the next time you are in the Buffalo, New York, area. Safe travels, Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We only stayed for one night and booked through priceline since we would mainly be shopping most of the day and just needed a place to sleep. We went on a weekday and the parking lot was dead.

The 2 ladies on duty when we checked in were excellent, very friendly and accomodating. Originally we were assigned 2 double beds but we asked for a king size since we had a baby with us. The manager checked and gave us a king size bed in a larger room incase the baby wanted to crawl around. They both welcomed us to the area and were very friendly.

The room was pretty nice, large king bed with a lot of room to walk around and a spacious washroom. Since we asked for the first floor, it was really close to the parking lot and I went out every now and then to check on the car.

A breakfast was provided which was surprisingly good: scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh waffles, bagels, pastries, cereals, etc.

Overall, I liked the place, less than 10 minutes to walden galleria and service was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
jk-jessk, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your stay with us. I am glad we could help make your stay a little brighter. We hope you consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Buffalo, New York, area. Thank you for choosing Best Western! Sincerely, Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night. I was not disappointed. We always stay with Best Western when we travel. The room is clean, bathroom is clean, The location is easy to find. Staff were friendly. We did not use the pool so I cannot comment on that. Dining area is clean, always attended by a staff to clean up. There were plenty of selection for breakfast (waffles, eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, yoghurt, fruits, coffee, chocolate, juices, etc). The eggs were dry, since it has been sitting there. Maybe if there were a lot of people that morning they would have replenish it with new ones. That is actually my only complaint but there are enough selection to choose from so it was not a big deal. Overall I will come back and stay here. On a side note since I book the hotel with Hotel.com I was not able to collect the BW points. Hotel.com has its own points system though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be addressing the food handling with the Pantry Staff. Thank you for taking the time to let me know and for completing a survey. We hope you think of us the next time you are in the Buffalo, New York, area. Thank you for your loyalty to the Brand. Sincerely, Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager
Northern NY, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I try to keep an open mind when it comes to other peoples' opinion. BUT, TripAdvisor is very accurate when rating this hotel on cleaniness. It is NOT an "Eco-Friendly" Hotel. The Front desk staff is kind. But it is not enough. the kids looked like they were enjoying the outdoor pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jk-jessk, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your stay with us. Some of our Eco-Friendly Program includes using recycled products, energy efficient lighting, lower flow shower, smaller toilet tanks, recycling of paper and plastic. I apologize if this was not apparent during your visit and am looking into ways to advertise what we are doing better for the guest. I also apologize if your room was not up to standard. I have met with Housekeeping to ensure our new employees are meeting the standard. Thank you for letting me know these issues. Sincerely, Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Cheektowaga hotels

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Nice hotel for the value and great breakfast. Wish the room was little bigger. It was fine for me since only 2 people travelled but it will be small for people with kids. I am not sure whether this hotel has bigger room but I will stay even with my family if they have bigger room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, some of our rooms are larger than others. I do not know which room type you were in, however, our largest rooms are the Junior Suites and Suites. These rooms have sofa beds. Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Adam's Mark Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
#9 of 23 in Buffalo
3.5 of 5 stars 1,558 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Galleria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!