“Good Stuff”

Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is my second stay at this location.

We had no problem with the room, although it took at least an hour for it to become warm enough for us to take our coats off. Then it stayed warm.

Bring ear plugs.

The breakfast was good, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, waffles etc. And even though it was busy, the quantity was always kept up.

We are frustrated that the jacuzzi and computer printer are STILL not working. There's been PLENTY of time for them to be fixed since we were there the first time.
We were also sad that neither of the times we checked in had the fresh cookies that are advertised.

Good basic accommodations.

1  Thank Hate-being-cold
thengst, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and let me know about these issues. Both the hot tub and lobby printer have been an ongoing issue. I have met with the owner regarding both and we are expediting repairs. Thank you for giving us another chance!-Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked two rooms and even the site I had problems with. It wouldn't complete the reservation on-line. Called to book and for some reason I was not notified that their hot tub was out of service. We were put in a section that had been renovated and was told at the desk that during the renos the heating in the corridor had been damaged. I had gone to complain how cold it was going from one room to the other. I also mentioned that the room had yet to warm up,there was no heating element in the bathroom, walking on the tiles was like walking on ice. I was given directions on how to use the controls!! He must have thought I just fell off a turnip truck!! I was given the option of him " trying to switch us" if it didn't work. Because we had a special needs child with us and he'd already familiarized with his room, I decided to stay put and turn up the heat to 83F and around two in the morning the room was finally warm. The toilet seat was still too cold to sit on.
Breakfast was good except for the fact it was very overcrowded. People were everywhere with food because the tables and chairs were not enough.
I knew their pool is outdoors but we were planning to at least to go in the indoor hot tub. They should have informed me, that would have made me go elsewhere. Very disappointed with this place. The hotels are supposed to be individually owned, but, what happened to disclosure?? Do they prefer to loose customers permanently?

Room Tip: Ask for a section that has the heating not effected by the renovations. The freezing hallways are a...
1  Thank ANGELA S

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your stay at the Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites. I apologize the hot tub is out of order. It is posted on websites and removed from some as an amenity until the situation is resolved. I apologize for the staff not being more helpful and have addressed this with them. The hallway heat did not break during renovations and I have taken appropriate action there. There is one section that broke this winter and was repaired. I am having the contractor come back. Thank you for letting me know about these issues so I may address them. I apologize for any inconveniences caused during your stay.--Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Mike G

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Where to start?

Room had no fresh air, air conditioning was very loud and hard to control, toilet kept flushing repeatedly, hotel felt very tired, hard to connect to Wi-fi, gym equipment not working, hot tub out of service and the worst thing of all, the 'complimentary breakfast' in the morning. I have nothing complimentary to say about this. The area is way to small to accomodate the number of guests, the food is awful and in short supply. No cuttlery, nowhere to sit and unhelpful staff.
We ended up leaving and paying for breakfast elsewhere. People were sitting on the floor and in hallways eating slop from paper plates, truly disgusting.

The only ray of light was John on the front desk. Very helpful and polite, great to deal with.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
1  Thank Tullsmeister
thengst, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor. I apologize you did not enjoy your stay and wish we had had the opportunity to correct these issues during your stay. We are in the midst of making improvements. I value your feedback as it shows areas that need focus. Thank you, Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Pictures online looked tremendous, however this is far from the truth. It is in need of a refurbishment of furniture, carpet and paint.

I will say that we have stayed in many best westerns over the years and this is my first time Bad Best Western Experience.

After check in we opened the door to our room, the first thing I see was white powder all over the old, tired carpeting. My daughter in the guest room finds that her toilet had unflushed urine and toilet paper still lingering in her toilet bowl, gross!!!

Before I can digest the dirty toilet thing my son finds an over ripe banana on the dresser under the TV.

That was it! I imediately went to the front desk and asked for a better room. They were good and emediately accommodated us but took about three hours to deliver a spare cot bed to our room for our son who didn't want to share a bed with big sister.

There was a cold front of -10c in the area at the time, and As I sat in my room writing this review i was wearing a winter jacket. The guest room heater was broken and it is very cold in that room. But we don't wish to be bothered to have to move again. There is literally no heat in the common areas such as halways, staircases. I've never seen anything quite like this ever.

The breakfast was good, hot coffee, sausage, eggs, fresh waffle batter and machine, toast muffins and bagels, juice, milk and cereal. No complaints with the morning food although there was no one around to wipe tables when folks got up and left. We had to brush away the crumbs before we could enjoy our breakfast.

My last complaint was the access control to the rooms. The cards they give you for your room have to be reprogrammed any time you leave the hotel then return to your room. A real pita!! I was stuck outside my room for a good twenty minutes one evening.

Best Western Cheektowaga Never Again!

Room Tip: Ask for a newer BW
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your recent stay. We are addressing the areas you mentioned. I apologize you did not enjoy your stay. Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The Best Western offers a complimentary breakfast: (waffles, eggs, bacon, coffee, etc). There is a bar/ restaurant next door. Also the hotel has an ATM and wifi service. The Room itself is adequate. My only dislike was the walk-in shower. The shower does not have a frame, only a shower curtain. The base of the shower does not have a barrier, so water splashes on the bathroom floor. Overall value was good.

• Stayed: February 2013
thengst, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for completing a survey about your stay with us. Not all of our rooms have the shower design you described. We do have some rooms with tubs as well. On your next stay, let us know your preference and we will do our best to accommodate you. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise. very clean, friendly staff comfortable bed, pretty good free continental breakfast and at $65.00 per night, a real bargain. my only complaint is that the free wifi did not work in our room for the whole weekend, even after the staff tried to fix it. If we go back that way, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
thengst, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for letting me know about the wifi. I will have it looked into immediately. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit! Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#17 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Comfort Suites Buffalo
Comfort Suites Buffalo
#18 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!