“Like a dive bar version of a hotel - did not feel safe”

Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was advertised as a newly renovated hotel. It was not, paint and new bedding at most and I admit the room was clean. I was put at the corner near the exit and told that the exterior door needed key access to get in. It did not, it was not locked at all and the key lock that was there was just painted over, did not work. The heating/AC unit was ancient and made noise constantly. Other guests must have been smoking and I was the beneficiary of the smoke through the ventilation system, in addition to hearing every word that was being said. There were no outlets for me to plug my phone charger except in the bathroom, hard to believe in 2012. The room door lock was only on the handle, the chain had been removed. No clocks in the room, how wierd is that? Between the noise from the vents, plus the drunken guests roaming the halls making noise outside my room, I checked out a day early, did not feel safe in this hotel. I wasn't able to sleep anyway. Can't believe they are selling this as a higher end Best Western.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Lisa011467
thengst, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you for your survey about the Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites. I have had our Maintenance Department check all entry doors. Our entire hotel is non-smoking and the issue has been addressed and the guest charged a deep cleaning fee now necessary to renew the room. I have also addressed the room issues with Maintenance and Housekeeping staff. All rooms are to have a clock radio, a door chain or night lock bar, and an outlet adapter with extra outlets available if none are readily available in the room. Thank you for letting me know areas I need to focus on. I hope you consider staying with us again so we have the opportunity to show our improvements.--Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

It looks like they took an old open motel and closed it in. Your bedroom window looks into a hallway. The rooms are big and have flat screens and granite in the bathroom but that is the only updating they have done since 1972. The ceiling looks like the tongue cancer photos that they put on cigarette cartons in Canada. The jacuzzi tub in our room was the first model jacuzzi ever came out with and it was crooked, so you felt like you were being dumped out of the shower. There is one outlet behind the bed (very dusty) that had an extension adapter that would not stay in the wall so we had to shove the box spring up against it to hold it in...not a fire hazard at all. We found a stain on the sheets and called the desk to let them know so they brought us clean sheets...they just handed them to us and we had to change the bed ourselves. The weirdest thing is the parking lot. They must rent it out or not care who parks there. There were many utility trucks, a boat on a trailer parked sideways, an empty trailer, and the most bizarre, an SUV with a cloth tarp across the front because the hood was gone. I am sure you can find a better place to stay. I cringe to think about where the 13 people that gave this an excellent rating stayed before.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank snggglbnnny

I apologize for any inconveniences experienced during your stay. We do not have jacuzzi suites, however, we do have two rooms with jetted tubs. I have had our Maintenance Department check those for any safety issues. I have also addressed the customer service issues with the Guest Services Staff. You should not have to make your own bed. We do receive a variety of guests as we are close to the interstate; however, I apologize if the vehicles in the lot gave a bad impression of the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. I appreciate all feedback as it shows me areas that need focus and attention. I hope you consider staying with us again in the future so we may have another chance to provide you with the level of customer service you deserve.--Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel was just alright. There were Cheerios under the dresser when we checked in and they were still there when we checked out. Our room was right next to the outside door and it banged shut all night. The beds were very soft. The breakfast consisted of rubbery eggs and bacon that had sat for several hours. On the plus side the people were very friendly and it was close to the Galleria Mall where we were going shopping.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Karen C

Thank you for letting me know about these issues. I have had Maintenance Department check all entry doors. I have also reveiwed food safety with the Pantry Staff to insure food does not sit too long on the warmer. We hope you will consdier staying with us again to give us a chance to provide the level of custmer service you deserve.--Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I don't know why anyone would say it's not close. Other than the fact that they got lost. I took the I-90W there and it took me 5 mins, and I took side streets back and it took 10 mins. If that is not close I don't know what is.

I thought the hotel was nice, a good size and so were the rooms. We had a suite and it was perfect. TVs were nice, the pullout couch was comfy, and so were the beds. The bathroom was ok. The only complaint I had was that there was no curtain on the shower. The complimentary breakfast was good. So overall it was what I expected. My parents had a King room and they thought it was good as well. They had a beautiful jacuzzi in their room, and my mom loved the complimentary creams in the bathroom as well. Not much to complain about and not much to write home about either. But overall I would go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 257 (suite) it was great and my parents who had the King room were in 258.
4  Thank ChelseaPT

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey for us. Customer Service is very important to us and it means the world to us to hear from a guest when we did it right. I have followed up with Housekeeping abour the shower curtain. We look forward to your next visit.--Elizabeth Anthony, General Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Do not eat at Dingen's Restaurant next door!! Prices are not reasonable- meat was served ROTTEN- (yes- rotten), and staff just offerend to replace it not remove it from the bill. Rooms are extremely small- pool is in need of cleaning and repair, as is the 1980's hot tub. Basically they took an old motel in a undisirable neighborhood and closed it in. Breakfest was not too bad.

Room Tip: Go to a location that is closer to the airport or the mall.
1  Thank CCKew
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed one night with the family, the place is a decent one the room i got was a little small but still comfortable. the facilities looked good (no time to use) the staff was pretty helpful. would stay there again.

1  Thank Maadca
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our stay was Friday 8/31/12. Check in was easy. Jeffrey S. at the front desk upgraded our room . We had a king room overlooking the outdoor pool (the window actually looks into the hall and you can see the pool through the hall window). The room had a sofa (pull out) couch & a king bed. There was a refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker & a very large flat screen T.V.. The bathroom was great! A walk in large shower area, I really liked that!
The room was updated & clean and we enjoyed our stay! Another great stay at a Best Western! Best Western has become my favorite hotel chain, updated clean rooms ,friendly staff , at a reasonable price and a free hot breakfast!!

Room Tip: ask for a room near the outdoor pool if you plan on using it
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Millennium Buffalo
#13 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90

Been to Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!