“good Value”

Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Days Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (2,005)

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed here one before. About three years back. Had to get an early morning flight and there was no hot water at 4am. Clerk said I should have called her. What would they do about that particular problem I thought.

Undeterred I decided we could give it another go as apart from the water issue it had been ok. We had flown back from Florida and doing an overnight. My wife called down and asked them for the name of a local pizza joint and the clerk told her that they do pizzas in the restaurant downstairs. Yes, I bet they do but that's not the answer to the question.We went on TA and then drove down the street. You want pizzas in a hotel near the airport my friends then go to Zahz. It's awesome.

The hotel is pretty jaded and the bathroom was one of those tiny little holes in the wall with the washbasin on outside in the room. What is all that about? I hated that, but I always hate that, but nowhere near as much as uncomfortable beds that make your back ache like mad after a half hour lying in them. That does make me mad. The beds were shockingly uncomfortable.

After a night of backache, all you need is a decent breakfast. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have high expectations when it comes to budget hotel breakfasts. I've done my time and eaten my share of half stale muffins, soggy scrambled eggs and those weird turkey sausages. None of that here at the Days Hotel though. There seemed to be a bewildering display of all kids of food related items short of anything that you could actually eat. They really ought to be embarrassed. They had a hot server thing going with "egg whites" and "veggie patties." Jeez the stuff I feed my labrador looked more appetising. That was only apparent on the second visit as the first time I looked it was empty. You sure get some desperate travellers through Buffalo. There was virtually no choice of cereals. No muffins, no cake, no donuts, just some stale looking bread which was about as appealing as the veggie patties, and dreadful English muffins which defied description. I can say without fear of contradiction that this was the worst hotel breakfast I've ever been served. It was garbage and they should feel ashamed dishing out this garbage to paying customers. Sheer laziness is the only thing that makes it this way.

We stayed here for a change as we normally stay at the Sleep Inn just around the corner on Holtz Drive. That's where we will be going next time. We won't stay here again.

On a positive note, the coffee was pretty good and it washed down the taste of the horrible breakfast. They at least figured that one out. The shuttle from the airport ran on time. Staff were very pleasant. That's it. Go elsewhere friends. Go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Yes, Walk out the door and drive to the Sleep Inn on Holtz Drive. It's only a couple of minutes...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Days Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for providing us with such valuable feedback.

We have found that the majority of our guests appreciate high protein low carbohydrate healthy breakfasts. After reviewing our offerings we chose to limit the carbohydrates and sugars for healthier leaner options over one year ago. It has turned out to be a smashing success with our guests. We have a variety of breads, fruit and make your own waffles although we no longer offer pastries or donuts. With Tim Hortons on-site there are plenty of tasty carbohydrate options available there as well.

Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed July 23, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We travelled to West Senaca for our grandsons 1st birthday and stayed at this Htel. The staff were friendly and warm ad were very helpful. Parking is good, the breakfast was nice. The room was nice but some of the chairs were stained and the overall hotel could use and upgrade. For an overnight stay or a fly and drive and Buffalo International it's perfect as the airport is right across the street.. The room had a microwave, flatscreen TV and fridge. all nice accents. The bed was comfortable too.. Would I stay again, yes I would, but a coat of paint, some new furniture, and some general room maintenace is in order

Room Tip: Choose a room to the back of the hotel to keep plane noise to a minimum
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

We are thankful that you chose to stay with us while attending your grandson's birthday. We appreciate your feedback and take corrective action on the items you out lined.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We chose this hotel for the closeness to Buffalo airport and its 4;00 am complimentary breakfast. The rooms were adequate ( average). The hotel staff was very helpful with dining suggestions. It is about a 20-30 minute drive to Niagra Falls depending on traffic. Shuttle service is very quick and efficient. Beds were a little firm. Have stayed at comparable hotels for less money in other parts of the country.

2  Thank cannonater

Thank you for staying at the Days Hotel Buffalo Niagara Falls International Airport. We sincerely appreciate your business and your review.

The best compliment we can receive is the endorsement of our guests that have stayed with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This was our stop before the plane left for disney! Our rooms were normal and ok. My mom although found some dust or mold or something next to the tv. I'm not sure. The neighbors were so annoying. There was a crying baby all night long and people kept talking loudly in the hallways past midnight. The morning breakfast was hectic. There was only limited space for breakfast and everybody was down there. The waffles I always have were fine. I did not tho like the cheese omelette. It was dry and chewy. It's a ok hotel if your on a budget and need somewhere to spent the night. But there a lot of other hotels you should cheek out also before choosing.

Stayed: June 2014
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Days Hotel Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us.

While we know that you have many choices we are grateful that you chose us and I assure you that we provide the best value in the area. With that said our goal is to satisfy every guest that stays with us and obviously we failed you. I encourage you to contact our on-site General Manager Jennifer Taylor at 716-631-0800 so that she may have to opportunity regain your trust.

Again, thank you for your business.

Yours In Hospitality,