“Enjoyable Stay”

Comfort Suites Buffalo
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I spent 5 nights in this hotel and found it to be very pleasant. I was especially pleased with the nice customer service from Amanda.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff J

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was visiting some extended family in the area and this was my first time at this hotel. My first encounter walking into the hotel was with Elvis Valerio at the front desk, he was checking my family in. He was very professional, so friendly, and overly accomodating. He did an excellent job and I would definitely stay at this hotel again because of him! Way to go Elvis, you really impressed my whole family and went above and beyond for us-thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This motel is being renovated, but the smell of cigarette smoke is deep in the gypboard on the walls, and no amount of wallpaper is going to stop the smell from permeating the room. I had to open the window and door to first air the place out before I could even unpack! I slept with the window wide open and the air on full blast as the room stunk of when the hotel had smoking rooms. Doors are very thin so you hear everything happening in the hallway. No elevator, so be prepared to lug your stuff up 2 flights of stairs yourself. Airplanes go right over the motel, so bring your earplugs. won't go back!

Room Tip: Only stay here if you are getting a really good deal on the price. I paid 120, and it was not worth...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Everything is dreary from point of entry through the room. Odd set up to get around as well. Overly worn throughout, rooms are dated and worn. I never felt clean in here plus the air was thick, gross with an odor of stale mold. Staff seemed to wonder why I was there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The family stayed for a tournament in the area. Upon check in I was very nervous as to what the rooms would be like based on the lobby appearance. The lobby/adjacent breakfast area are in dire need of remodeling. Fortunately we stayed in a double room suite that was recently remodeled.
The staff was very kind and helpful.
The equipment in the gym was not all working.
This hotel will definitely benefit from the completed renovations.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tookabreak
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I would give the experience lower end of average, closer to average than very good. The first issue is that coming off the exit, you have to make a left into the lot, which can be tough as Dick Road is pretty busy and the entrance is close to a traffic light - back up of traffic. The building was not marked, but figured out where I had to go. The check in process was pretty good. The room was a good size room and everything did work. There was a mini refrigerator and a microwave. There were plenty of channels on TV and the internet connection was pretty quick, though it often required me to sign back in. My issues with the room was that you could hear people on the second floor (I was on the 1st floor),which occurred on my first night. My second night was better. They have a fitness center and an indoor pool, which appeared to be nice. My second issue is that on the web site there mention of a manager's reception, but there was no manager reception, which was one of the reasons I made my reservation there. They were in the middle of remodeling, so the lobby was a mess. Breakfast was nice - eggs, sausage patties, waffles, cereal, juice, and yogurt. The check out process could have been easier. The clerk checking me out was not the friendliest of people and could have been quicker. I am tax exempt, but she had to make sure I had a form on file, which caused some delay. I think the process took roughly five minutes. There is no express checkout, so you have to checkout at the desk.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the top floor as you can hear the rooms above you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Wonderful stay! We came up the during the Canadian long weekend for some shopping. The front desk staff where very friendly and welcoming. The hotel was under renovations, which didn't inconvenience us at all. We had a first floor room. It was HUGE! We loved the sitting area and large flat screen tv. The two double beds where very clean and comfortable. One of the best sleeps I've had a hotel in a while. The couch fabric in the sitting area of the room was very clean. Unfortunately the fold out couch mattress was not. It was ripped and stained. I wouldn't recommend anyone sleeping on it. The air conditioning in the room wasn't working, but wasn't an issue since it wasn't hot in the room. We loved the hot tub and pool. Nice way to end a long shopping day! The free breakfast was really nice! They had a wonderful variety of items such as eggs, bacon, muffins, donuts, cereal, french toast, fruit, juice, coffee, and make your own waffles. Loved that they didn't charge for parking or a silly resort fee. I really hate when hotels surprise you with extra fees. We had a great time and would defiantly come back again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family