“So-So”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Albany, NY
“So-So”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I would give the experience lower end of average, closer to average than very good. The first issue is that coming off the exit, you have to make a left into the lot, which can be tough as Dick Road is pretty busy and the entrance is close to a traffic light - back up of traffic. The building was not marked, but figured out where I had to go. The check in process was pretty good. The room was a good size room and everything did work. There was a mini refrigerator and a microwave. There were plenty of channels on TV and the internet connection was pretty quick, though it often required me to sign back in. My issues with the room was that you could hear people on the second floor (I was on the 1st floor),which occurred on my first night. My second night was better. They have a fitness center and an indoor pool, which appeared to be nice. My second issue is that on the web site there mention of a manager's reception, but there was no manager reception, which was one of the reasons I made my reservation there. They were in the middle of remodeling, so the lobby was a mess. Breakfast was nice - eggs, sausage patties, waffles, cereal, juice, and yogurt. The check out process could have been easier. The clerk checking me out was not the friendliest of people and could have been quicker. I am tax exempt, but she had to make sure I had a form on file, which caused some delay. I think the process took roughly five minutes. There is no express checkout, so you have to checkout at the desk.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the top floor as you can hear the rooms above you.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Wonderful stay! We came up the during the Canadian long weekend for some shopping. The front desk staff where very friendly and welcoming. The hotel was under renovations, which didn't inconvenience us at all. We had a first floor room. It was HUGE! We loved the sitting area and large flat screen tv. The two double beds where very clean and comfortable. One of the best sleeps I've had a hotel in a while. The couch fabric in the sitting area of the room was very clean. Unfortunately the fold out couch mattress was not. It was ripped and stained. I wouldn't recommend anyone sleeping on it. The air conditioning in the room wasn't working, but wasn't an issue since it wasn't hot in the room. We loved the hot tub and pool. Nice way to end a long shopping day! The free breakfast was really nice! They had a wonderful variety of items such as eggs, bacon, muffins, donuts, cereal, french toast, fruit, juice, coffee, and make your own waffles. Loved that they didn't charge for parking or a silly resort fee. I really hate when hotels surprise you with extra fees. We had a great time and would defiantly come back again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed at this property May 4 - 6th, this was booked by one of my friends. Lets just say this...he booked this in error and boy was it ever an error. Upon entering the lobby we were less than thrilled with this aroma that is hard to describe other than dingy. The carpets look like they were removed from a Chuckie Cheese back in the 80s and installed in this place. It didn't look like they had ran the vacuum in the hallways in a rather long time. The fun started once we got into the room...wow what can I even say! I kid you not there were cookies on the floor, not just pieces but entire Oreo cookies, like how do you not see that as a cleaning person? All sorts of random trash was left in the room. Upon opening the sofa bed I discovered that the mattess was basically torn in half, covered in urine stains/blood stains/etc. There were no sheets for that bed so we called downstairs to the front desk asking for sheets and a new mattress...an hour later we got them. I took photos of the matress / stains/ cookies / etc and brought them down to show to the front desk. it was amazing to see them basically shrug it off as if it's no big deal. I also forgot to mention that as soon as you walk into the lobby they had plastic from floor to ceiling covering the one area they were "renovating", this also was an issue because the steps (yeah no elevator here) were blocked for "construction" so we had to haul all of our stuff outside and around the building. This is a terrible property, with management that doesn't seem to address issues. STAY AWAY, I HIGHLY recommend the Homewood Suites across the street that is beautiful and essentially the same price.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Youngtegger
Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was travelling through Buffalo on my way home for Easter and
decided to stay at Comfort Suites Buffalo again and i still love
coming here....From the huge flat screen tvs, to the great variety at breakfast to the
spacious rooms with the most comfortable beds, it is always a great stay...plenty of parking
also and ez on and off the 90 makes this my regular stay in Buffalo.
The staff are also well knowledged and very friendly!
Enjoy!

Room Tip: I got the garden tub jacuzzi room with the sliding glass door so i can relax in the tub and watch my...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed on the second floor. The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and recently renovated. Apart from that, it was dingy and unappealing. Depressing, even. Carpets had serious dirt and wear. Woken up by the next door guest's television. Nothing about it was nice. Better than sleeping in the car but not a choice for leisure travel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate97F
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Service was excellent. Could not be more accommodating. What it did not make up for was the room quality. The Bed seemed ancient and was very unaccommodating. (king size). Floor was not vacuumed when we first entered as their were small papers and staples on the floor. Room and hallway smelled awfully of dampness.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank nyfamily1234
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is by far one of the best comfort suites I stay at during my travels. From the moment I walked in I was greeted by Robert and Lora the front desk Assosietes and the automatechley knew that I was a Elite Diamond member! My room was ready along with a Bottled water. But what really made me feel at home was the fact that the Hotel Owner personally came out and greeted me.the hotel is top knotch and everyone is very very friendlly.

By the way Lora gave me the name of the BEST BURGERS & WINGS I have ever had, and I have had WINGS & BURGERS in alot of places. And "NO" its not Duffs or the Nachor bar. you will just have to at this Hotel and ask LORA if tou want to know the location....

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are the best!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business