“Consistently a clean, service-oriented, well-priced hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
“Consistently a clean, service-oriented, well-priced hotel”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel twice and at other Hilton Garden Inns. I admit, I am not a typical lower-budget chain hotel type of person so I am not thrilled when they are my only option. However after multiple consistently positive experience at this and other Hilton Garden Inns, I have converted. I don't know what they do (well, it's probably hiring good people, training them extensively on customer service, and reinforcing the right behaviors), but everyone their does whatever it takes to make your experience wonderful. Plus, the beds are incredibly comfortable and even the comforters are washed for every customer so no scary germs. Even after I checked out and provided feedback via a survey, they emailed me with an action plan to address two minor issues I noted. I'm very impressed with this hotel and the entire hotel chain!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
HGIBUF, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoy hearing feedback from our guests, as it is what helps our team learn to give the service that our guests deserve. We hope to see you soon in your travels to the Buffalo area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I was visiting buffalo over long weekend. I booked two rooms at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport via hotels.com for three nights. I requested both rooms with two beds. At hotel I was told I would get one junior suite room and one king bed room, which were of no use to me. I was not informed by hotel or hotels.com in advance notifying unavailability of requested rooms. The other option I was given was to cancel the booking (I was checking in at 2:30 am). The receptionist didn't seem interested in transferring me to any other hotel. She ran my credit card as well, which is odd when you book through hotels.com. Well anyways I didn't want to debate things at 2:30 in the morning after hours of travel so I asked for both junior suites (which she agreed to, strange didn't offer herself) and told the receptionist I would stay only one night.

I checked out the next day. I asked for a receipt and I was given a receipt with someone else's name and address (feel sorry for the privacy of that guest), I got it corrected though. Later I called hotels.com to confirm cancellation of remaining two nights as I needed rooms with two beds and this hotel didn't have any for entire stay. I had to call hotels.com 4 times with approx 30 minutes wait each time and they had no clue on how to resolve the issue effectively. Hotels.com talked to the hotel staff and told me I will get charged one extra night because of hotel's policy. So basically the hotel was going to charge me even if they didn't have rooms I asked for and I couldn't use the room they offered, all by name of some policy which really doesn't make sense. They also tried hotel manager (April) few times but neither she picked up nor called back. Hotels.com kept asking me to resolve this issue directly with the hotel manager. We talked to the manager directly and she was OK with not charging extra night but when hotels.com talked to her she changed her mind.

Finally I had to conference hotel manager and hotels.com staff. Hotel manager said she was not aware that I checked out so she would have to talk to her staff member to confirm and decide whether to charge me for extra night or not. Regarding unavailability of the room I requested and still chances of me getting charged for cancellation, she said its not their fault but it was hotels.com's fault and I should deal with hotels.com to save me from cancellation charge. To that Hotels.com said the hotel decides the charge not them.

Basically I wasted half day from my vacation with them without any assurance about anything. Thank you Hilton hotel and hotels.com for not knowing how to handle things when it doesn't go as expected.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank dipsonlyin
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2010

The Hilton is my go to choice whenever I go to visit Buffalo. Being in Canada, I usually visit Buffalo for its superior shops (compared to Toronto) and all the times I have stayed here I have never had one complaint.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2010
Thank you for the feedback and review of our hotel! I am delighted to see that we are your hotel of choice when visiting the Buffalo area. If you ever have any questions or concerns please ask for me or contact me at anytime, and we at the Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo hope to see you soon.

Thank you for staying with us.
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed June 25, 2010

An airport hotel would not be my first choice, but we were arriving in Buffalo after midnight on a flight from the west coast and I trust the Hilton brand.

I booked the Hilton Garden Inn two months prior to our arrival and paid for the room in advance. I requested a non-smoking room, fully aware of the disclaimer that the hotel "may not be able to honor the request," but I figured I was getting in early enough to guarantee a smoke-free room.

Wrong. When we arrived at the front desk, exhausted from a full day of travel, the desk clerk put us in a smoking room. It actually smelled like an ashtray. I returned to the desk and asked for another room and the clerk told me the hotel was full. She seemed surprised that this would be such a big deal for me and tried to explain that it doesn't matter how far in advance you book, the room is only assigned when you actually show up.

Seems like a pretty lousy system to me. They had my money (and non-smoking request) for two months and I got the bottom of the barrel.

From the pillows to the curtains, the room reeked of cigarette smoke. I don't know if it was the smell or my anger that kept me up all night, but it doesn't really matter.

Bye, bye Buffalo!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I would like to apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. Our team takes great pride in taking care of our guests, and I can see by your experience that you left Buffalo having an unpleasant stay.

Knowing that we did not meet your expectations concerns me and I will make sure I discuss your stay and issues with my staff. I hope to see you in the future, and if you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thank you.
toronto, ON
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed one night as we had an early flight. Location is obviously very convenient. Shuttle great, but you could easily walk to airport terminal. Staff efficient and friendly. Property very clean with good facilities Did not eat on site, so I can not comment. Rooms a little small with double beds, but comfotable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review of our hotel. I am pleased that you were happy with our location and the easy access of our shuttle. We try to make the transition from the hotel to the airport fast and easy for our guests as we understand being limited on time.

I see you are from Toronto, so I am hoping that in your future travel to Buffalo you will visit us once again!

Thanks again!
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We arrived at the hotel in a rental car which we wanted to return to the airport that evening. The desk clerk said they would be happy to shuttle us back from the airport and again the next morning to catch our flight. As we were going to our car I spoke to Terry (who was driving the shuttle) to see where we should meet him and I told him I would call when we were ready to be picked up. After we returned our car, we walked outside to the meeting area and Terry was already there, waving and ready to shuttle us back to the hotel. That was just the beginning of a great stay. We had dinner in the hotel and it was very good and reasonably priced. All the staff was very friendly and our room was comfortable and really nice facilities (pool and exercise room). I thought the hotel might be noisy since it was across the street from the airport but it was not. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel, feedback such as yours is very much appreciated not only by me, but also my staff. We pride ourselves on service, and I am happy to see you experienced all that we do here. I am also happy to see you had a great encounter with Terry, and I will make sure he is aware of your comments! We hope to see you again in your future travel to Buffalo.

Thank you again.
ssechrest230
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Great stay. Close to airport. Stayed here several times when I have an early morning flight, and its always been pleasant.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business