“Outstanding Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We arrived at the hotel in a rental car which we wanted to return to the airport that evening. The desk clerk said they would be happy to shuttle us back from the airport and again the next morning to catch our flight. As we were going to our car I spoke to Terry (who was driving the shuttle) to see where we should meet him and I told him I would call when we were ready to be picked up. After we returned our car, we walked outside to the meeting area and Terry was already there, waving and ready to shuttle us back to the hotel. That was just the beginning of a great stay. We had dinner in the hotel and it was very good and reasonably priced. All the staff was very friendly and our room was comfortable and really nice facilities (pool and exercise room). I thought the hotel might be noisy since it was across the street from the airport but it was not. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2010

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel, feedback such as yours is very much appreciated not only by me, but also my staff. We pride ourselves on service, and I am happy to see you experienced all that we do here. I am also happy to see you had a great encounter with Terry, and I will make sure he is aware of your comments! We hope to see you again in your future travel to Buffalo.

Thank you again.

Reviewed May 3, 2010

Great stay. Close to airport. Stayed here several times when I have an early morning flight, and its always been pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I had been placed at a travesty of a hotel by Priceline (see my previous review; you'll know which one) and when I could not even bring my bags in, had to find another hotel FAST on a very snowy night. Enter the SuperService from Hilton Garden Inn.

In a desperate phone call, I explained my situation to Lyndsey at the front desk. Her first words? "Just get here. We have a room for you." For twenty dollars more than I had paid at Hotel Hell, I was ushered into a Hilton Garden Inn with "Immaculate" clearly impressed on every brain in the place. Immaculate service. Immaculate room. And incredible kindness to a very VERY weary Reverend who had just performed and participated in an all-day wedding in Syracuse and was at the end of her energy. And there was a psychic expo for the next two days that would demand all her attention -- so comfort, clean and easy service were absolute necessities.

Hilton Garden Inns, when done right, are little slices of heaven. And this was SO right. Wickedly comfortable beds. Clean, clean, clean -- not a spot or a wrinkle or a dent or a scrape anywhere. A bountiful breakfast. Warm cookies to greet you at night (YUM on the oatmeal raisin). And extra help getting gear out of the car and up to my room.

This hotel lives up to the best of the Hilton standard. You will love your stay there.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
HGIBUF, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2010

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel and your stay, I remember you at check out and your were so gracious in making sure that my staff and I knew how much you enjoyed your stay with us!.

I made sure that Lynzy knew you commented on her helping you, and she was happy to have made your stay in Buffalo better then it started!.

Thank you again, and we hope in your travels that we will see you in the future!

Reviewed January 7, 2010

Great location. The hotel is just next to the airport. So it would be the ideal hotel for those who are in transferring or prepare to fly out of Buffalo, moreover, it also very easy to access to the downtown and many other important attractions. The room was clean and nice. The staffs were very helpful and enthusiastic. We did really enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Thank you so much for writing a nice review of our hotel!. It is much appreciated, and your comments will be passed on to our staff. We hope to see you on your next trip to Buffalo!

Reviewed December 22, 2009

The hotel is located right next to the airport but there was no noticeable aircraft noise. It's 15-20 minute drive away from any shopping district in the area such as the Walden Galleria, Elmwood street, etc. My wife and I stayed there beginning December 20 for two nights.

The hotel is clean and friendly. Free apples at the front desk that my wife enjoyed each day. The original room we were booked into was right outside the various heat pumps that are on the 2nd floor roof but moving to another room was simple and the nice woman at the front desk even asked us to let her know if the new room was to our liking. The 2nd room was great. Carpet was nice and had a little bounce to it, which was nice to feel after a long day/night at the mall and its hard floors. The bed was nice and comfortable and the washroom was clean. Both the rooms we saw had standard microwave and refrigerator, both spotless and scentless. The TV had a huge selection from HBO to ESPN to regular network TV. The channels even included CBC for the Canucks like me. Internet was easy to log on to both wirelessly and wired. It was nice and speedy for regular browsing but I didn't use it for steaming so I have no idea how fast it goes.

Housecleaning was ok. The most glaring deficiency in housekeeping was a white stain on the gray ergonomic chair that was there before we checked in. It should have been spotted by housekeeping and cleaned. Also, I noticed the garbage hadn't been tossed out in either the bedroom or bathroom, even though the garbage cans themselves moved location. Wasn't a big deal as they had minimal stuff in them. Maybe it was an environmentally friendly thing to do? Lastly, I don't think the bathroom floor was mopped either as I noticed some water-drop marks on the floor from the morning shower were still there at night. I only mention the last two because it was out of step with the rest of the hotel and I wouldn't have noticed it if the rest of the bed/bathroom wasn't spotless.

The front desk staff was fantastic, from the morning check-in by Amy to the Monday night woman who wished my wife and I a good night as we walked in the door after dinner to the check out guy who asked, with a genuine demeanor, how our stay was and wished us a great holiday season. It left us with a good final impression. I think the front desk staff really made the difference and vaulted this into a 5-dot review. Best front desk staff I've ever encountered to date.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sdwc

Thank you for the review of our hotel, your feedback means alot to myself and my staff! I do want to apoligize for the housekeeping issues you encountered during your stay, I have reviewed the issues that may have seemed small to you, however it is important that we take care of them.
I have passed along your wonderful feedback about our front desk staff to them, and are excited to have heard back from guests such as yourself!.

Thank you again, and we will hopefully see you in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2009

A very nice hotel and free parking. The staff were very professional and helpful. The hotel was very clean. The restaurant was reasonable in price and the wait staff were great.

Special kudos go to the young man who checked us in and out of the hotel, extremely professional and polite.

Didn't have a chance to use the exercise room or pool but they looked very well maintained and clean. Our room was very clean and comfortable. There is extensive parking and a Mcdonalds right beside the hotel. The airport terminal couldn't be closer if you tried.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank merquisez
HGIBUF, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the great feedback. I will make sure that the gentleman that checked you in knows he was complimented! We take pride in hearing that our guests enjoy their stay with us. We look very forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2009

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Columbus Day Weekend while attending the Bills-Cleveland game, & while we drove up to Buffalo, this hotel is directly across from the airport, making it a perfect place to stay for those flying in or out of Buffalo.

The hotel is not only close to the airport, but is conveniently located about 10 minutes from downtown Buffalo, 20 minutes from Ralph Wilson Stadium, & just down the road from the Walden Galleria Mall with all its upscale shops & restaurants. While the hotel has both a restaurant & room service, there is also a McDonald's right next door, making it a favorite for the kids.

Rooms were modern & spotlessly clean, the lobby was brigthly-lit & well-attended, & the pool & gym area were exceptional. Our only disappoint of the weekend? We were travelling with family, & requested adjoining rooms, but instead got rooms on the same floor but far away from each other - a minor inconvenience in an otherwise wonderful long weekend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
HGIBUF, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2009

Thank you for your review on our hotel! It is great to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us and their thoughts on our hotel. It was nice for us to know you enjoyed our pool and our amenities. We do hope to see you in the near future and that you choose to stay with us again. Go Bills! or well if you are a Cleveland fan....Ill say Go Browns!
Thank you again.