When in Buffalo to visit family, this has become our hotel of choice. The check in was smooth, plenty of staff behind the desk, very friendly and professional. I came down to add my Honors number to my reservation and it was handled flawlessly.
Some very minor concerns on this visit.. Why, oh why is housekeeping trained to throw out the soap and shampoo that I brought from home? First, it was mine and not yours to decide to toss and I find it very wasteful to toss items that have only been used once. It was a nice facial soap and I missed it once it was gone. Also thrown out were the travel size soap and shampoo that I brought with me to handle my processed hair. This is very minor, but what if I had an allergy and needed those items?? Why not just leave me some of yours and let me use what I want. I was slightly disappointed in the response when I stopped at the desk to mention this - I did not make a big deal of it, because it is not a big deal, but I could have done without the snicker and I would have appreciated an offer to replace what had been thrown out. Probably less than ten dollars in product, but I would have appreciated the offer.
Also of note, someone really needs to clean the dirt out of the HVAC vent - very obvious when you walk in the room and and a five minute cleaning item. No, I did not mention this because I was thinking about the snicker.
The room was very clean and well maintained otherwise and the housekeeping staff that I encountered in the halls were very pleasant - I did not address the tossed item or dirty vent issue with them as there was a language barrier.
For a hotel across the street from an airport and right on the road, this is very quiet property. Clearly well run and well managed - I will be back, I just have to remember to hide my toiletries from the over zealous cleaning team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover contemporary conveniences in Buffalo, NY at the Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport hotel. Set minutes from Buffalo Niagara International (BUF) Airport, this Cheektowaga, NY hotel is just off the Kensington Expressway (New York State Route 33), only 10 miles from downtown Buffalo and 35 minutes from Niagara Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport Hotel Cheektowaga
- Buffalo Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Buffalo