“A bit pricey for average spot”

Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Perhaps I have been harsh in my rating - the hotel was fine. Our room was a 'junior suite' - King bed with a separate sitting room, fridge, 2 TV's. It was as expected. There was the smell of glue, or paint in the room when we checked in - and a maintenance screwdriver left behind - not the best start, but the smell did eventually go away. Our room overlooked an airport parking lot - not pretty, but you are literally across the street from the airport - so not sure we should expect anything else.

I took the opportunity to have breakfast in the hotel in the morning (extra cost) and it was a bit of a tale of 2 experiences. On one hand it was great: the usual pastries, some fresh fruit, do it yourself homemade waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. There was a chef on duty to make eggs to order - with more omelette ingredients than I have probably seen anywhere. Small things I suppose, but with such a good start, it's hard to understand orange juice from concentrate....Fresh squeezed would be awesome of course, but expensive - so even some fresh from a carton would have been a huge step up. The other head scratcher for me was the milk - only whole milk was available. Who even drinks this stuff anymore? Again - small issues to be sure, but given the details and experience with the rest of the buffet, it just seemed odd.

So all to say, for $200 a night+, my expectations run very high - and they were only marginally met. Nothing terrible, but probably cheaper alternatives available that return greater value - look around.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you harvman for taking the time to tell us of your hotel experience. I apologizes that you found a tool in your room upon check in. Our maintenance team makes every effort to check each room to ensure everything is in working order. I have reviewed your comments with the team to ensure they are more detailed when exiting the rooms. We do offer whole, 2% and skim milk on our breakfast buffet. You'd be surprised how many people still ask for whole milk for their cereal. Again thank you for your feedback and I hope you will stay with us again in the near future

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights at this hotel across the road from the Buffalo airport at the end of May, 2013. We chose it because of the favorable seniors rate and the location near places we wished to shop such as the Walden Galleria and the stores on Transit Road. There are many good chain and local restaurants just a short drive away. The hotel, rooms, lobby, restaurant, pool and grounds are meticulously maintained and the service was friendly and efficient. Rooms are soundproofed and spacious. A made-to-order breakfast is available for a nominal charge. It was nice to have something different each day.

1  Thank Alan J
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you Alan J for taking the time to tell us of your hotel experience. I'm glad you found our location to be very convenient for you. We are a very short drive to major malls as well as some great restaurants. It's important to go to a hotel which is clean and has a freindly staff. I'm delighted you found that at our hotel. Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is very clean and quiet. It is located directly opposite the Buffalo/Niagara Airport and near several dining options, so it is very convenient for travel. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful, greeting guests coming and going at all times. The only major complaint we had was that the mattress was very stiff and a bit uncomfortable for an older back. Nonetheless, we highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Matthew M

Thank you Matthew M for the great review of our hotel. I will be sure to share your commnets with the entire team. I do apologizes that the mattress was uncomfortable. Our King size bed come with an adjustable air mattress. These can be adjusted to ensure you have a great night rest. I apologize that you were not informed at check in about this feature. I will be sure to review with my team. I hope if your travels bring you back to this area you will decide to stay with us again. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Really liked this hotel. The staff were amazing very helpful and polite. The location was close to where ever you wanted to go. Stayed in a King junior suite, very nice and very clean. Restaurant and bar were a nice extra and a great pool. Would definatly reccomend and stay again

1  Thank Jean L

Thank you Jean L for the nice review of our hotel. I'm glad you found the staff so polite and accommodating. I'll make sure that I share your comments with them. Many guest love our location as we are close to restaurants, shopping and of course the airport. It's nice to see that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to others....Thank you, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've stayed here before and have never had any problems, this time we went back and they had redone the entire lobby! The renovations that were done are just breathtaking. It looks like a completely brand new hotel. We were so impressed by the changes and the kids loved the new fireplaces and the "swivel" chairs- the colors are just so new and upbeat. Service as always was just wonderful- the employees are so nice and so quick to help or offer help. We had room service and the meals came up quick and hot and most of all delicious; well worth the money (which wasn't badly priced either) We did enjoy this time around sitting outside in their courtyard during the daytime- they had beautiful cushioned chairs and a firepit in the back by their pond, the kids enjoyed looking at the fish and my husband and I got a few minutes to sit back and relax. This was my definition of a family friendly hotel for a family trip!

1  Thank Sara P
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Sara P, Welcome back.....Glad you like the changes.You're right it's like a brand new hotel. I'm glad your family liked the swivel chairs we have in our lobby. I also see you took advantage of our outside patio with the firepit. It's nice to relax out there and enjoy the evening. Glad you enjoyed your room service as well. I hope you and your family will come back and visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel was nice. It was a new hotel with all the amenities. The rooms were nice, although not the largest it was fine. The breakfast was good. Much better than the larger hotels that make everything is bulk. This was made to order/buffet which was nice. The food was not too oily. The service was good. Pool and gym were nice as well.

Location is awesome. The Hilton Garden Inn is right across the street from the Buffalo airport. I was surprised that I could not hear the planes. Good sound proofing. Although I was not flying, and there on a shopping trip I can see how it is convenient for flyers. They offered a shuttle service. There was a Mc Donald's next door. it was a 5 minutes drive to Walden Galleria, Walmart, Target, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc....

I would highly recommend this hotel as I have stayed in several in the Buffalo/Niagara area and this one was the best.

1  Thank dlee_15

Dear dlee_15, As a contributor to TripAdvisor we truly value your opinion. Thanks for the nice feedback about your most recent stay with us. Our breakfast is much more then you recieve from other hotels and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I see you took advantage of our pool and fitness center. We have state of the art PreCor fitness equipment and our guest really enjoy the facilities. I hope the next time your travels bring you back to this area you will decide to stay with us again..Hope to see you soon

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is wonderful. It has a 'homey' feel for us, we've stayed there so many times when we've crossed the border to do a bit of shopping. Always clean, always secure - these things are important and the hotel does not disappoint. Love the free coffee and cookies in the lobby too!

1  Thank Angela F

Thank you Angela F for those nice comments about our hotel. We truly love when our northern neighbors come down to relax and do some shopping. I'm glad you love our complimentary cookies and coffee. Next time you go shopping or decide to fly out of Buffalo we hope you will stay with us again. I'll make sure we have some fresh coffee on. Hope to see you soon