“Good & bad.”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Greenwich, Connecticut, USA
“Good & bad.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Several weeks ago I stayed one night here at HGI@BUF. Excellent location to the airport and convenient to downtown Buffalo, NY. The room was well appointed. In fact, I had one of the best night's sleep I ever had of this year. The bed was quite comfortable. The staff service was acceptable, but not impressive.

Two weeks ago I stayed at the nearby Marriott Courtyard due to business. Since the meal options at the Courtyard were so poor, I walked three doors down on Genessee Street to GHI for lunch. The meal was delcious and good, although priced for the business travel account; I do try to save the client/company money whenever I can. The staff service for lunch was excellent. I enjoyed my lunch so much I returned for dinner that same day. I was very disappointed in my evening meal. The waitress did her job, but the chef working the line in back did a very bad job. For a starter I receievd a soup that was delicious by not served at the proper temperature. I did not send it back becasue at the time I thought it was a fluke. For my entree I ordered a pasta with chicken dish. I thought the entree would come with alfredo sauce, but the waitress stated it was a butter/wine/garlic sauce. After three tastes I sent the entree back telling the waitress the entree was not served at the proper temperature (it was luke warm like the soup) and that whatever sauce the pasta/chicken was served with, it wasn't butter/wine/garlic. At chef's second attempt at the entree was even worse. The meal was served at the proper temperature, but chef was being passive-aggressive with the chicken being served burned. I sent the meal back after two tastes. The waitress asked if she could serve any other dish, but I was so put off by this incident I declined her offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that it prompted you to return to dine at our restaurant. I am glad to hear your waitress was pleasant and helpful and sincerely apologize that your meal was not the quality expected. We have shared your comments with our culinary team who are taking your recommendation to improve our offerings. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again.

Sincerely
Ken Burke ( General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and stayed here for two nights.Came over the border to do some shopping.Hotel room was clean and spacious,buffet breakfast awesome,front desk staff very polite and helpful,really glad we booked our stay here,will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4StevieG
HGIBUF, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent stay with us. We're glad you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and that our front desk staff was very accommodating. Nice to see you took advantage of our breakfast buffet and found it to be awesome. We're proud to be your hotel of choice when coming back to this area. Thank you again and look forwward to your next visit.
Albany, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Two night stay for business. Fast check in and room was as ordered. 2 room suite is great for work and relaxing. Room service is adequate and fast. Gym is state of the art and no one but me was in it for both nights. Room is clean, both tvs were good size and worked well. Very quiet and was able to sleep well. Room has microwave and fridge and good size bathroom. Cooked to order breakfast as well as buffet with excellent choices and not crowded. This is now my first choice for a stay in Buffalo although it is about a 20 minute ride to downtown.

Room Tip: 2 room suite is roomy and well suited to a business trip.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jett137
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I would like to Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our fitness center which has state of the art equipment as well as enjoy our breakfast buffet. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when coming to Buffalo. We hope to see you again.
Coldspring Tx
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was a great experience. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very friendly and accommodating (especially Karen). The restaurant was nice with a good quality breakfast at a good price. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaViDPgColdspringTx
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Karen truly knows customer service and she makes everyone feel special when they stay with us. I'm glad you were able to try our restaurant and enjoy our full breakfast buffet. I'll be sure to share your comments with Karen as well as the entire staff. Hope to see you again in the near future.
C. Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at this location when arriving in Buffalo on our way to Niagara Falls. It was so pleasant we booked it for the night we were flying home. The location is very convenient being directly across the street from the airport. Within minutes of wonderful restaurants and shops. The room was spacious and clean. The bed has a control to adjust each side for firmness.
The breakfast buffet is not free but it is very good. Made to order omelets are available.

Room Tip: Junior suites are available if you need a sofa and sitting area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TagTexas
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for those kind words about our hotel. Our location is very convenient as we are close to shopping malls, restaurants and sporting events. I'm glad you enjoyed the adjustable feature of our beds. These beds ensure you will have a great nights sleep. Thanks again for the nice review and we hope to see you again in the future.
Ft. Collins, Colorado
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I cannot say enough about the perfect stay at this hotel. The property is beautiful. The staff is etreamly helpful and professional. We were in Buffalo to attend my Father-in-Laws graveside service and it was pouring rain in the morning. I went to the front desk to ask where I could buy an umbrella and Johnathan quickly provided me with an umbrella from behind the desk to use for the day. This took away the stress of trying to fit one more thing into a very busy and emotional day. The restaurant and bar were excellent. Both the food and the staff were above fantastic. Our room was always clean when we arrived back at the hotel. When in Buffalo, do yourself a favor and stay at this property, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank di143
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. I am glad you were able to experience our great customer service team we have here and that Jonathan was able to assist you in your time of need. I'm also delighted that you were able to enjoy our restaurant. We hear many great reviews about our new menu. We really appreciate the time you took to write a review and to recommend our hotel to others. Thank you very much.
Lancaster
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had another great stay at the local Hilton Garden Inn (Buffalo Airport). I recently had a family function with several out of town family members and recommended the Hilton Garden Inn as we have had such a great experience with them in the past. Each family member that stayed, enjoyed their stay; service was fantastic, rooms were very clean and most importantly they slept like they were at home.

Thanks Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Neil_GLancaster
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Neil, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your family's stay. I'm glad they enjoyed themselves and were able to get a good night sleep. We hear many compliments about our adjustable beds. I hope your family will decide to stay here in the future when you have another family function.