“Another Hit for Hilton!”

Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Pickering, Canada
“Another Hit for Hilton!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Like many Canadians I travel to Buffalo to take advantage of better airfares. In the past I have stayed at other properties around the airport but found them tired and with poor service. This Garden Inn was great with helpful staff from check in to check out. I had dinner at the hotel rather than drive somewhere else and I must say the food was not bad and the service was very good. The total experience at this hotel was very good and I am going to stay there next time I am in Buffalo!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Tempoman
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We enjoy when are northern neighbors come down and take advantage of the cheaper air fares. Being directly across from the airport truly makes it quick and easy. I'm glad you found our staff to be helpful and accommodating. I hope you enjoyed your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I frequently spend weekends in Buffalo for shopping and a quick getaway. We have stayed at many properties close to the Buffalo Airport and the Walden Galeria. There are no 4 star properties in the area and therefore the 3-3 1/2 star ones are the best ones. In the past we have stayed at the Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inn, Millenium Hotel, and Comfort Inn just to name a few, all of which are within 10 mins of the Walden Galeria or closer. We found this hotel to be very clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff, big clean indoor pool, hottub and fitness center with a good assortment of newer equipement. They had an on-site restaurant with a varied menu and offered room service, but I can't comment on the food since we didn't eat there. The rooms were big, clean and comfy. They had a great bed - we slept very well. The rooms also have a fridge and a microwave and there is free wifi. There is a MacDonald's right bedside the hotel, great for a late night snack. I have no complaints at all for this property, which is rare because I can usually find something to pick on. We will go back to the hotel the next time we go to Buffalo! Tip, they do offer low rates for government employees. I asked about it when I booked since I work for the Ontario Government. I saved more than $20 a night over the CAA discounted rate so ask for it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BonitaToronto
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. You're right our beds are great and you can adjust them to the firmness you desire. Next time you stay with us please try our restaurant as the food here is terrific. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you soon.
Ontario
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We've used others in the area but this one is a little more expensive for a reason. You can leave your vehicle quite a while in their lot for just one night stay. If you need to exceed the limit they're really good about there may just be an extra charge for it. Comfortable beds but bring your own pillow. The pool is awesome and hot tub to die for after a long drive. LOTS of great restaurants around the area. Our favorite is Cracker Barrel (there isn't one in Canada) : ( Or the Italian Bistro around the corner. Shuttle service fast and friendly. NEVER a hassle at the front desk. Great internet for people staying there. The exercise room looks over the pool!!!! Wow!! I can watch my teenagers swim while I work out?!?!?! Fantastic! TV's on the equipment too. We love this place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Thayana
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I'm glad you found our pool and fitness center so wonderful. Our location is ideal for catching early flights, going shopping or just going out to nearby restaurants. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again real soon.
Maryland
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) Buffalo Airport for a family reunion in the Niagara Falls area. I am a Hilton Gold member, and have previously stayed at other HGIs, so I definitely held some preconceived expectations. That being said, this was easily one of the best HGI property experiences to date.

From check-in, all staff were extremely friendly, courteous, and helpful. Our room was not ready for check-in when we arrived (we were two hours early), so the front desk staff gave us keys to the fitness center and indoor swimming pool to pass our time. Our daughter met up with several of her cousins at the pool, who had also been given early access, and I was able to sneak in a run at the fitness center after our several-hour drive to Buffalo.

The front desk called our cell phones to let us know our room was ready, and they had thoughtfully arranged for everyone staying as part of the family reunion to be grouped together on the same floor, on the same wing. There were MANY of us, and this unrequested gesture made it so much easier for our family to see each other over the long weekend.

The rooms were clean and well-appointed for HGI standards, and included the Sleep Comfort beds. We had a suite, which included a living room with a pull-out sofa, coffee table, arm chair, and second television. Between the two rooms was a wet bar area with kitchen sink, microwave, and small refrigerator. I believe the microwave and refrigerator were also included in the standard rooms, but the extra sink and living room area were nice extras for the three nights of our stay, especially for my daughter, who appropriated the living room as her own space.

There was ample space for gathering in the lobby and public areas of the HGI. On both nights of our stay, our family would comfortably congregate either on the large outdoor patio or the large sitting/hospitality area of the lobby.

Breakfast in the restaurant was free as a Hilton Gold member, but still a good value at $10 per plate for cooked-to-order buffet. Wait staff was very accommodating with our large group, allowing us to sit together and combine into tables of 6-10 as needed.

Overall, a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, and highly recommended for the Buffalo-Niagara Falls area!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JennJ14
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
As a Gold Hilton Rewards member your loyalty and feedback mean a great deal to us. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of out pool and fitness center. We hear many compliments about the pool area. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.
NYC
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I usually like to reserve my "fives" for four-star luxury hotels. But after staying here a second time, I cannot think of any reason to take points away. The staff is beyond exemplary. From the front desk to the cleaning staff we were treated with smiles and consideration. Special kudos to the cleaning staff for adeptly navigating wet towels, suits and other gear that overtook our room. The junior suite is a steal and provides excellent space. For us, the peace and quiet is vital. Here, the sleeping area is isolated from virtually every sound. The rooms are clean, inviting and comfortable. They truly can be considered a home away from home. Our one complaint/concern has to do with the wireless internet. If you are working right at the desk, wireless is fine, but we found the signal considerable weakened (it kept cutting in and out) when we tried to work from the bed. I would suggest that the management look into boosting or strengthening that signal. But this is a minor concern. In terms of value, this is the place to stay if you are in Buffalo and have a car. Well worth the 15 minute drive to downtown or wherever else you need to be.

Room Tip: Spring for the junior suite if you are staying more than one night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank babettetravels
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisors. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to encounter our great staff. I also want to thank you for letting me know about the internet issues. I will look into this matter and hopefully you will see an improvement the next time you stay with us. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and we are glad you chose our hotel.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2012

First impressions are important... The staff at the hotel is fantastic. Very warm and friendly while maintaining a professional demeanor. The room was extrmely neat and most importly quite. If its business or pleasure you won't be disappointed. A pleasurable stay at the Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JWM7975
HGIBUF, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your hotel stay and thank you for recognizing our staff. We take a lot of pride in providing the highest quality customer service to our guest. I'm glad you notice how quiet our hotel is especially right across the street from the airport. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again when visiting the Buffalo area

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Rooms are very clean. Stayed overnight for a morning flight out of Buffalo airport. The extended parking lot was right across the street.

Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. Very large and clean. Bed was a bit firm, but you can adjust it to your liking.

Breakfast was ok, nothing special, but it was included in my stay, so can't complain about it. Staff was nice and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GateGuardian
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your feedback. One of the main reason our guest continue to return to us is because our King size beds are adjustable. This ensures you will have a great night sleep. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient especially if you have to fly out the next morning. Thank you for those kind words and I hope we will see you again real soon.