“You just can't beat it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #15 of 117 Restaurants in Cheektowaga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Erie, Canada
“You just can't beat it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was my second trip to Ruby Tuesdays, the first was in Syracuse. I thought it may have been a fluke -- maybe I was particularly lucky to get such wonderful service; or the chef was in a good mood; or the wait staff didn't have anyone else to focus on. Then tonight I went to RTs in Cheektowaga (Buffalo area). What I thought was a fluke was repeated in a big way. It was one of those nights you just NEED to get inside -- freezing cold, wind howling. I was greeted at the door with such concern, I immediately felt great about my choice of restaurants. The waitress was a sweetheart, joking and laughing with me as I waited for my dining partner to arrive, then couldn't be nicer or more helpful. Since I'm a veggie, it was salad bar and 3 sides for me, and my friend ordered the same. Plenty of food so we were stuffed, and the sides! Mashed cauliflower! Spagetti squash! Where else can you FIND these vegetables. When my friend asked for a refill of hot water for his tea, he got a fresh cup, fresh tea bag, and really hot water. And the tea was Twinings, not some cheap off brand. No charge for the refill. The only negative point I could mention is that the choices for vegetarians are pretty slim. Fortunately I love the salad bar and sides, and there's enough variety of sides I won't get tired of eating them for quite a while. I hope someone from RT takes this to heart and develops that side of their menu. I have a feeling I'll become a regular there.

• Visited January 2013

Ajax, Canada
“Affordable and predictable, but yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I decided on Ruby's because I knew that after Christmas eating, I required a place with some salad. I got my usual of crab cakes with Mac'n'Cheese. The Mac may not be authentic, but it was tasty and I was quite impressed with the amount of real crab in the crab cakes. I had to laugh at the salad bar. There was a young man cleaning the salad bar, but he seemed oblivious to the fact that there were people trying to access the salad. He was muttering to himself and I heard him say "I should get a tip for this". Sorry, bud, but some people are messy and they should be careful, but that's your job. I certainly wouldn't tip you after blocking my access to the first fibre I was going to get since Dec. 24.

I found this amusing, not annoying. The food was good, the salad bar was well-stocked, and the service was good, even if my server was a tad too overzealous (I was alone and trying to read). That's better than rude or aloof.

Kitchener
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

From the minute we walked in to Ruby Tuesday we were treated very well. The hostess was very friendly and greated us with a huge smile. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly and actually talked to our kids. The food was amazing! Everyone enjoyed their meals, no complaints from the kids and no left overs, everything was done in one sitting...LOL (that is because everyone enjoyed their food) and their certinaly was a lot of food!!!!
I will definately visit Ruby Tuesday again, next time I am in Buffalo.

1 Thank GwenKitchener
Brampton
“Enjoy it every time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Been twice in the last month or so. Both times the food was pretty good. Nothing super special. However I do like the salad bar and the little cheese biscuits.

Toronto, Canada
“Good food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went to Ruby Tuesday after a day of shopping and it was a great dinner! The staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was really good and incredible value (Steak and shrimp for less than $25).