“Good Food, a bit pricey”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Cheektowaga
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tonawanda, New York
“Good Food, a bit pricey”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I don't eat much red meat, but decided to treat ourselves. When first walking into the restaurant, you would never know it was a former Border's bookstore. The walls are a warm orange-brown tone with all kinds of western memorabilia and pictures, but not overdone. The room is spacious and nice since you aren't sitting on top of other patrons.

Service was excellent. Our server made sure everything was good, but was not annoying. She knew just when to check in with us but didn't linger.

The menu includes sandwiches and chicken. Dinner entrees come with a choice of two kinds of salads, bread and a unique choice of sides. The salads are quite large and fresh. We didn't try any appetizers because we wanted dessert.

We both ordered our steaks medium and they were cooked just right. I ordered a sirloin steak and a baked sweet potato with cinnamon and melted butter. It was delicious. My husband had a regular baked potato that was quite large, but very good along with his ribeye steak.

For dessert, I ordered the grilled pound cake with strawberries and blueberries. The pound cake was a little dry, but still very good. My husband ordered the key lime pie with graham cracker crust. The crust was moist and delicious.

Our total bill, with tea and coffee and tip came to $61.00. A bit pricey for two people, but it was a treat for us and the service was so good.

There are a some downsides: The restaurant does not take reservations but you can call an hour ahead and tell them you are coming. There are only two large tables for parties of 5 or more. The rest of the restaurant is all booths. The entrance is quite congested which does not allow for a smooth flow in or out of the restaurant especially at peak hours.

• Visited June 2013

“Great Food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Went early on Sunday for family lunch. Printed some coupons on line fir free appitizers, great choices available.
Everybody ordered something different at our table from salads to burgers to chicken. Quick service , large portions and good food.

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“It's a Longhorn”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It had good bar service. The bartender was courteous and did a good job of getting the food out. It's a Longhorn; it was what I expected.

Visited May 2013
Aurora, Canada
“Great meal”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great food, great service - would go again for sure! There was a great deal of variety on the menu and the prices were reasonable. There was a long wait ... but the food and service were worth it.

Visited May 2013
Toronto
“Trainwreck of a Meal”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We've been to Longhorns before, mostly in Florida (Winterhaven) and loved them. Meals were always exceptional. This however, was a disappointment. I ate to make such a negative review but caution is warranted with this location. First off, seats were not cleaned from previous patrons. Then we were given a half loaf of bread. Looked like it had been split with another table, with no side plates. When I asked for the side plates, the only brought two for our party of three. Then they got our order wrong. No big deal, but the way they handled it was questionable at best. The server insisted my husband ordered what he was given. (A meal 9.00 more than the one he had ordered.) I was listening carefully to what he ordered because we are watching our money very carefully. The steak he was given was blue raw inside when it was ordered medium rare. My meal, was also messed up. Side was wrong and steak overdone almost to the point of burnt -- also ordered medium rare. They agreed to fix mine. My next one was medium rare on the outside, blue raw in the middle. So they fixed it again. By this point my husband had eaten his meal and I still had yet to get an edible steak. The manger on duty tried to help out and comped my meal after the second mess up, which is what they should have done in the first place. The manager asked if he could do anything else for us and I said, just some more bread please since I'm waiting for my meal for so long. Never saw it. Or the extra side plate we had asked for 3 times. Then when we received the bill, my husband was charged for the way more expensive meal he did not order, even though it was raw. We won't be back to this location. Server had a cocky attitude to the mistakes plus the kitchen mess ups make this one unacceptable. On the plus side, the Caesar salad was done well and when we did get the food cooked right it was delicious. It's the service that brought this place down. Mistakes happen. It's how a restaurant handles it is what counts.

• Visited May 2013