“Fake Barbeque”

Rochester, New York
“Fake Barbeque”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My comments sent to smokey bones.(smokeybones.com contact) 2013-04-22

My first time here and I was excited to try a new rib joint.
My girl and were seated in the bar area which was almost empty.

The first shock was the music.
Never, never, NEVER have I been to a rib joint that played club/dance music, and loudly at that! Some of what played was Justin Beeber and RAP! Unbelieveable. We asked if the music had to be that loud or if it was all going to be this style of music and the waitress sat us in the dining area which was quieter, but not immune from the terrible music. The entire rustic, theme of resaurants like yours cry out for blues, or southern-ish rock, or something mellow and rustic. And this is the kind of music I have ALWAYS encountered at all rib joints, but not yours. Your facility hit me as a FAKE rib joint. A place that was trying to cater to .... clubbers? the young dance crowd? I don't know what you are thinging, but it was annoying to the point of walking out and never returning. If it weren't for my curiosity as to your food, I would definitely not have stayed.

Onto the food...

We ordered some corn bread. It was delicious, especially the unique sweet butter spread. However, it was served in (and cooked in I presume) a toxic, aluminum fry pad. "...the brain stores quite a of bit Al. And that's where MS, chronic fatigue syndromes, epilepsy, ADD, Alzheimer's, Guilliane-Barre' syndrome (a common post vaccination injury) and other neurological disorders manifest." Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034607_aluminum_poisoning_detox.html#ixzz2RCrQI9MW
What's wrong with cast iron? Safer AND more rustic looking to go with your theme and food.

Your beautifully designed menu (seriously, it was very professional), lured me to the TWICE smoked wings. Yummy. But then I noticed at the end of the description that after smoking them... your FRY THEM! What are you thinking? Take perfectly smoked food, then ruin it by frying it in what I can only assume is toxic hydrogenated-oils. I tried them anyway. They were dry. But I could see the smoke ring had penetrated all the way through to the bone. Would have loved to have tasted them before they were fryed and ruined. Want to try some REAL smoked wings, the kind that fall off the bone? Visit a Dinosaur Barbecue.

Your chipotle sauce was very good.

The smoked turkey was very good.

The ribs were good, but not great.

The the pulled pork was on the dry side.

The baked beans, nothing special.

The mac-n-cheese, ehh.

So would I come back?
For the corn bread, maybe. But if that non-music music was still polluting the entire air space, I wouldn't take another step, would do a 180, and walk right back out. No food is worth that kind of torture on my ears.

OWEN SOUND
“terrible smell in restaurant , small portion , 1/2 glass of wine”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The whole restaurant smelled like bacon. It was dirty and needs an update. We ordered nachos, which the server said would be tons for the two of us. Ha! It barely filled us up. The wine had obviously been opened for quite a while, but I guess that's expected for that kind of restaurant. The only good thing was the server, he was friendly , although misleading about portion size. I wouldn't recommend this place. Go to The Olive Garden across the road instead.

Visited April 2013
Niagara Falls, New York
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our first visit. We enjoyed our meals... Would have liked to have brisket, but we were too early in the day. One complaint would be there is no burger on the kids menu. Be careful of the hidden costs for sides
Our server was pleasant and the food was good

Kenmore, New York
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My friend and I visited Smokey Bones on the afternoon of April 3, 2013 and have eaten there several times before. The service has always been fast and the food has been consistently good. My friend usually orders the Garlic Glazed 10 ounce Sirloin Steak. The meat has been cooked medium, as requested; the broccoli is soft, but not mushy; and the potatoes with gravy are very hot (we have frequently found cold potatoes in other restaurants). My nutty salad was large and the grilled chicken within was very tender. I opted for no cheese. We were seated promptly upon arrival and the check was also provided shortly after we finished our meals.

Toronto
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We popped in hear for a quick bite to eat while out doing some shopping. Excellent food, quick and friendly service. Very resonably priced for 4 of us. We would return.

PS - The wings are very, very good!

Visited March 2013

Been to Smokey Bones? Share your experiences!