“It's Not a Place to Diet But It is a Place for Great Polish Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Polish Villa

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Niagara Falls, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's Not a Place to Diet But It is a Place for Great Polish Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

It is Funny that while Western New York has such a large Polish-American Population and while their are hundreds of Greek and Italian Restaurants, There are very few Polish Restaurants here. I think the very best one is The Polish Villa. It's been around forever and I have been eating there for about that long, It's not Fancy or Large but it's very clean and the staff there is the friendliest in town. It's not a place to Diet but it is a place for Great Polish Food! They serve Large portions at a reasonable price ($7-$15) Great Dishes include -Chicken Spaetzle Soup, Real Mash Potatoes, Potato Pancakes, Homemade Cheese or Kraut filled Pirogi, Fresh and Smoked Kielbasa (Polish Sausage), Gołąbki (Ground Beef Stuffed Cabbage in Tomato Sauce), Breaded Pork Chops, Beef Cakes (Two Potato Pancakes stuffed with Roast Beef and smothered in Beef Gravy) and Homemade Pies and Warm Fruit Filled Crepes for Desert. THE FOOD THERE IS GREAT!!

• Visited January 2013

Allegany, New York, United States
“Just like babcia's!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I went Tuesday night. We are from out of town and drove 2 hours to get there...totally worth it! We both had the polish platter..a little bit of everything and it was ALL delicious! We both come from Polish families so we know what good authentic polish food is like, and this exceded our expectations! I don't think we even spoke to each other while dining because we were so enthralled in out food, and by the end I'm pretty sure my boyfriend wanted to marry the sweet and sour cabbage. What a treat! I HIGHLY recommend The Polish Villa!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lori I
ca
“Great Fish Frys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved the fish frys, Great pierogis and potato pancakes! The menu does list burgers and sandwiches of all kinds, ham steak, and southern fried chicken. Great place to eat authentic Polish food.Highly recommended

• Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“A unique experience!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I must say I was a little freaked out by the manikin dressed in tradition attire at the entrance that looked like it had been there for many many years. This is an interesting place and the manikin became part of the charm as I munched down more carbohydrates in one sitting than I had in days. The food is good...lots of gravy and creamy sauce. Probably it will be a one time experience for me, but I'm glad I went.

• Visited November 2012
Virginia
“A Disappointing Polish Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our dinner at this restaurant on a rainy Saturday evening was merely okay. The tables were close but we were still able to hold a nice conversation. The staff was very attentive and helpful. The portions were generous.

My favorite was the cheese pierogi on the Polish Patter, which also included two types of kielbasa, a large cabbage roll (which was not particularly well spiced), tasty sweet-sour sauerkraut and choice of potato. The latter included the option of the totally forgettable "lazyman's pierogi" - spiral pasta topped with a mushroom-soup-type sauce. The bread was a disappointing store-bought sliced bread.

Another in our party had the Italian Wedding soup and found it satisfying. Ditto for the Wiener Schnitzel. We were too full to consider dessert.

I went into this restaurant with memories of my Polish mother's cooking. Maybe with those memories it was inevitable that I would be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012